How to make perfectly crispy frozen chicken tenders in air fryer! Way better than in the oven, this is how to make them taste like they’re from a restaurant
Frozen chicken tenders in air fryer are seriously the best! NO more need for the oven anymore because crisping them in this way is way better. Best kitchen hack right here. Find this and more easy air fryer recipes here on The Typical Mom blog. (affiliate links present)
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Tenders
These are probably by girls’ favorite snacks, or lunch. Now that they’re older they can make them by themselves. It’s so nice when they reach that age. 😉 Just preheat, pop as many in as they would each like and in just a few minutes it’s like eating at Chick Fil A but way cheaper.
Forget about using the microwave anymore, that leaves these soft and limp. We all want crispy chicken tenders that crunch with every bite right? Now you can have them right at home without frying in oil. Just a light spray if you want to get them super crispy, or none at all works too. This is a game changer friends.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
We started with air fryer chicken nuggets and I couldn’t believe the difference. I mean I had been making these for my 3 girls for years and years. Always thought “man I wish I could get them crunchy just like McDonalds nuggets” but there really wasn’t a way to do that back then.
Fast forward when my oldest became a teen and this magical hot air machine came out. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on one y’all. First time I tried it out I was in love. A quick cook time plus how crunchy the outsides got. I even ate them for lunch that day!
If you like everything crispy, including tofu bites in the afternoon…this is the way to cook all the things! You will never go back to the oven again ever.
Just check out the temp and timing on our chart!
- You too can print this air fryer cook times out and keep it on your fridge.
- Then next time you want to know how long air fryer fish sticks take, or chicken, you’ll know!
- Of course you should BOOKMARK my website because I share new tips and dinner recipes like this regularly too. 😉
Now it really doesn’t matter what brand you buy, but I show a picture of the variety we choose. There will likely be larger and smaller frozen chicken strips inside all packages.
Depending on the size, the smaller one will get crispier and thicker pieces won’t get quite as hot.
If you follow the directions below you’ll notice that we leave them inside the air fryer basket for 5 minutes after the cook time is up. This is important to ensure the middle gets warm all the way.
Frozen air fryer chicken tenders
- A bag of breaded chicken strips
- find them in the freezer section of grocery stores
- Any brand of air fryer
That is it my friends!! NO non stick spray or olive oil spray is necessary, they’ll get crunchy all by themselves with the circulating hot air.
Complete meal. Done!! If you have one of these too you can find more Ninja air fryer recipes here, but any brand will work. I have a few at home myself now. My Cosori has a larger square basket which I love, but my AirWave is white and pretty so it lives on my countertop.
I prefer the chicken breast strips variety to air fry. These cost just a bit more, using boneless skinless chicken to make into tenders but so worth it.
Here’s what you do to make air fried chicken in just 15 minutes
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Place as many pieces as you want to eat in one layer inside your basket.
- Set cook time to 8 minutes, no need to wait ___ minutes flipping them over, they’ll crisp just fine without it.
- Let them sit in the basket for an additional 5 minutes after the time is up to continue heating the inside of each piece.
Enjoy your fried chicken strips with dipping sauces! I mean ketchup typically satisfies my youngest but the older they got the more they wanted choices and lots of them.
Want to try other versions of fried chicken tenders?
- If you want to make a low carb version, try our air fryer chicken tenders no breading recipe.
- These homemade breaded chicken tenders are great wrapped with bacon. They take 12 minutes to 14 minutes to cook with bread crumbs.
- Then try crispy chicken legs in air fryer and air fryer corn dogs next, your kids will love these too.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Printable recipe card and nutritional information for this brand of tenders is below. That will vary with the size of each piece and/or brand used.
Frozen Chicken Tenders in Air Fryer
- 1 bag frozen chicken strips
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Lay frozen tenders in one layer, not overlapping, in basket and cook for 8 minutes. (timing will vary slightly depending on how large and thick your pieces are)
- When time is up leave them in the closed basket for 5 minutes so the middle can continue to heat up.