How to cook a frozen pot pie in air fryer is here. NO need to turn on your oven anymore to heat up this easy chicken and vegetable dinner.
My girls wanted to make a frozen pot pie in air fryer the other day so we figured it out! Doesn’t make sense to heat up the whole kitchen for this little pie. I don’t think we will ever make this any other way again. Easy air fryer recipes are the best! (affiliate links present)
Yes I have made our REALLY popular simple chicken pot pie recipe before. That one is great using leftover chicken I have on hand, but when you want something fast these are great.
Frozen food in an air fryer really are game changers. If you haven’t tried cooking an air fryer frozen chicken breast or frozen chicken wings, you must! You may never cook them another way again after this. 😉
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
When it comes to this ultimate comfort food there are many different brands out there. I would say that Banquet and Marie Callender’s are probably the most popular though. Chicken is top of the list too.
Can you cook a Marie Callenders pot pie in an air fryer?
Yep! They are the perfect size for this. Much larger and the middle will take a lot longer to heat up vs. the crust. It is a delicate balance to not over-cook the outside but making sure the filling gets hot.
How long do you cook frozen food in an air fryer?
- You can use our air fryer cooking times chart to find out what temp. and timing you need.
Frozen Chicken Pot Pie in Air Fryer
There are other styles out there. I have seen beef before but honestly have never bought or eaten that one. Quick and easy chicken recipes re just our jam….
Should I thaw frozen pot pie before baking?
No, don’t do that. It is meant to cook from rock hard frozen to tender and warm. If you defrost it first the crust will have a different texture, and not a good one. It will get kinda’ mushy, especially on the underside.
This is all you will need to make this:
- Frozen pot pie around 10 oz. in size. Cook time is for this size, no larger. You can fit 2 at a time in a 6 quart basket.
In order to get it just right it is best to start out at a lower temperature and then increase it for a few minutes at the end.
Another step you shouldn’t leave out is to not open the basket once the timer goes off. Leave it inside, closed, for 5 minutes. This will allow the middle to continue warming up completely.
Time needed: 21 minutes.
Frozen Pot Pie in Air Fryer
Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. This timing is for 10 oz. pot pies cooked 1 or 2 at a time. Larger ones will take longer.
Put 1-2 frozen pot pie into basket and allow to air fry for 15 minutes.
Then increase temperature to 380 degrees F for 6 minutes.
Leave in closed air fryer basket for 5 minutes once it is done to continue warming the middle.
Be careful when you are lifting these babies out. Remember that the pie tins are aluminum so they get hot in that high heat. Put on to a small plate when serving and remind your kids to not touch the underside.
You can use your Cosori air fryer or any other brand to make them this way. It doesn’t matter what brand you have really.
- The biggest difference is the size of the basket. Even the smallest 3 qt. will fit one of these.
Can you cook pies in an air fryer?
Yes! I actually bought one of these with apple pie filling inside too! Timing was basically the same and tasted pretty amazing. SO you could put one of these and your dinner pot pie in at the same time and have a complete meal.
Once you thoroughly enjoy this one there are several other air fryer frozen foods you can try too. Our air fryer frozen meatballs are a great snack or appetizer tossed with sauce. Frozen chicken wings are the bomb too.
Now for a Banquet frozen pot pie they are a bit smaller so I would decrease the initial time to 15 minutes.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Frozen Pot Pie in Air Fryer
- 1 pot pie frozen, 10 oz size
- Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees F for 5 minutes. (timing is for 10 oz. pot pies)
- Put frozen pot pie(s) into basket and allow to cook for 21 minutes.
- Then increase temperature to 400 degrees F for 2 minutes to brown top. Leave in closed air fryer basket for 5 minutes once it is done to continue warming the middle.
- ** Quicker method – Microwave pot pie for 5-6 minutes (check back of package as smaller ones need less time), then preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F and cook for 2-3 minutes to brown the top