It’s so easy to make Instant Pot spaghetti squash pasta and then make them double stuffed with your spaghetti “noodles”! Great healthy meal done in 20 minutes flat!
We talked about how to cook spaghetti squash fast the other week, now we’re sharing how we made twice stuffed squash and you’d never know these “noodles” weren’t the ones you buy in the store! Added to our 101+ Instant Pot recipes because it’s so easy to cook your squash that way but you can make it in your oven too!
I really doubted that spaghetti squash pasta would taste just like noodles but they do when you stuff them like this!
I was curious what all the hype was about.
Vegetable noodles used as an alternative to the box I always buy at the store. I really doubted I’d like it.
I tried anyway because “you never know” I always say.
I was REALLY surprised that when I made spaghetti as usual, but used spaghetti squash “shredded” instead I seriously couldn’t tell the difference once the sauce and cheese was added.
If you’re curious to see what spaghetti squash pasta is all about, here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 spaghetti squash – or more but only 1 fit in my Instant Pot
- Spaghetti sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- Pre-cooked ground beef – or spicy sausage is amazing
To start with you will need directions on how to cook spaghetti squash so it is so tender that it takes no effort to scrape the “noodles” out with a fork. I include Instant Pot and oven directions too.
Then just gently mix all your other spaghetti items, put it back into your spaghetti squash shells, pop them into the oven to warm it all back up and melt your cheese a bit and you’re ready to dig in!
- Once you try this and realize how much you love this underestimated vegetable, you’ll want to make fried squash next!!
Here are your printable directions.
Spaghetti Squash Pasta
- 1 spaghetti squash cut in half, seeds removed
- 1 c spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 c parmesan cheese
- 1 c ground beef or ground sausage, precooked
- Cook spaghetti squash in pressure cooker or oven until tender.
- Remove and use a fork to gently scrape the squash out of the middle creating your squash noodles, put these in a bowl.
- Make sure to keep outside of squash in tact so you can use as a bowl. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Once you've created all your spaghetti squash noodles in a bowl, drain liquid out of that bowl.
- Add your cup of spaghetti sauce and 1/4 c. parmesan cheese. Add cooked ground beef or sausage now if you're adding that.
- Gently mix together so "noodles" are coated.
- Split this mixture in half and spoon back into your squash "bowls". Put these on a baking sheet.
- Top with remaining shredded parmesan cheese and green onions if desired.
- Bake in oven for about 10 minutes or until parmesan begins to melt.
- Serve....you'll never know they weren't traditional noodles.