How to make air fryer carrot fries! Crispy on the outside with a tender center, these may become your all time favorite vegetable fries.
OMG these air fryer carrot fries were so yummy!! Have you tried this fun twist on french fries before? If you’d deep fried them this is so much better and healthier too. One of many easy air fryer recipes on our site. (affiliate links present)
I am sure you’d probably made air fryer carrots already. I mean that is super easy, cheap, and a no brainer. This one takes a bit more prep but boy are they worth it y’all.
Get out your cutting board and try this as a quick snack or side dish with chicken wings tonight!
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
Yes we have frozen French fries in air fryer before. Let me tell you that if you haven’t done that yet it is a game changer. Totally tastes like you’d get them at the fair or a restaurant. Super crispy on the outside without any oil.
These are of course homemade fries but air fryer vegetables all at the same time which is even better. You can see here about the size they were cut. The thicker they are the longer they would take obviously.
I like them on the thinner side in general. If you wanted more like air fryer potato wedges you’d have to adjust the time quite a bit. Figure out what’s perfect for you and jot down the cook time that works for y’all.
How do you make crispy food without frying it?
You use your Cosori air fryer or other brand y’all! Seriously though, I am totally obsessed and should have bought one WAY earlier than I did. From cauliflower, to broccoli and now this orange veggie they get everything crunchy (but still tender in the middle).
NO more deep frying and submerging in oil. You’ll just want to buy this olive oil spray in bulk for ALL THE THINGS.
Are fried carrots healthy?
If you make them in an air fryer they are!! You can really lightly bread them, or really cake it on. Either way they taste very similar to sweet potato fries really. With a bit of sweetness they’re a close second favorite from our sweet potato chips.
Carrot Fries in Air Fryer
The outside “breading” is rather simple. Of course you can add any other seasonings to this easy carrot recipe you love but this is what was used for this batch you see here:
- Carrots peeled and sliced into small sticks. I wouldn’t use baby carrots unless you cut them in half, that may take closer to 18 minutes.
- All purpose flour
- Olive oil
- Salt is a given, I typically buy larger grained Kosher salt
- Garlic and onion powder
- Parmesan cheese is a great addition but could be omitted for dairy free needs
When done you might want an additional sprinkle of salt and pepper too. I like to under-season just a bit at the beginning. You can always add more when done but can’t take it away if it’s a bit overboard.
Once you combine the coating you’ll just let them sit in a baggie with some olive oil to coat. Then dredge them in the flour mixture and lay inside the air fryer basket. Remember you don’t want them to overlap when you air fry.
Time needed: 12 minutes.
Air Fryer Carrot Fries
Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. Slice thin and then put carrot sticks on a few paper towels to dry them well. Then put into a baggie with oil and toss to coat.
In a shallow bowl or plate add flour, salt, garlic powder, thyme, onion powder and mix. If you want other seasonings toss them in now too.
Working one at a time, take out a carrot, roll around in flour mixture and then into air fryer basket that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
Fill basket without overlapping pieces. Spray lightly with olive oil spray.
- Air Fry
Cook for 12 – 15 minutes (depending on how thick they are) flipping them over halfway through. Remove, season with sea salt and parmesan. Serve with dipping sauces with a hamburger and enjoy!
So good right??!! I mean pressure cooker carrots are pretty yummy but these have the CRUNCH!
What goes best with fries?
Your “fried” cooked carrots can be dipped in so many things really. I mean ketchup is simple but you can go way beyond that.
- This is how to make fry sauce
- Mayonnaise is a favorite for some people. Add Sriracha to make a simple spicy mayo.
- Try your roasted carrots with some with our bang bang sauce sometime
- Here are a bunch of other dipping sauces you can choose from too.
When the time is up make sure you take a bite out of the thickest one. See if it is as tender as you’d like. If not then send them in on anther round for another 2 minutes or so and check again.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Put sliced carrots on paper towels to dry, then put into a baggie with oil and toss to coat.
- In a bowl or plate add flour, salt, garlic powder, thyme, onion powder and mix.
- Working one at a time, take out a carrot, roll around in flour mixture and then into air fryer basket that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
- Fill basket without overlapping pieces. Spray lightly with olive oil spray.
- Cook for 12 minutes flipping them over halfway through. Remove, season with sea salt and parmesan and serve.