Crispy air fryer potato wedges are the best side dish or snack. Just slice and cook with some olive oil and parmesan for a mouth watering bite you’ll love.
It’s time to make homemade air fryer potato wedges y’all!! If you’re looking for a family friendly side dish to go with chicken, beef, or pork, this is an easy air fryer recipe. Make them cheesy when done or just serve with fry sauce with dinner. YUM. (originally published 4/20, affiliate links present)
Ninja Foodi Potato Wedges
- You can use your Ninja Foodi as well, any brand works really.
We did this when making air fryer french fries and it worked great. These are thicker versions with cheese on them though! It depends on your preference whether you like skinny potatoes or thick like these.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
Potato Wedges Air Fryer
- So grab a bag of potatoes at the store on your next trip and give these steak fries a whirl.
You can leave them plain with just some salt and pepper, or load them up with shredded parmesan.
If you’ve been following my blog at all you know we’re all about the cheese! Come on, it makes everything better, be honest with yourself now. 😉
Potato Wedges in Air Fryer
- Russet potatoes are best
- Grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil is necessary to air fry everything basically
- Parsley is optional but brings color to the dish
How do you cut potato wedges?
First you’re going to hold the tater horizontally, and slice it in half lengthwise. Then, place the side you cut down onto your cutting board
- Then cut it in half again to create quarters
- Place each quarter of a potato with the cut side up
- Slice down the center of that to create a wedge shape
Voila!! You’ve got what you need. Now add all of these into a large bowl and drizzle your oil on top. Toss to coat.
Air Fry Potato Wedges
Now why would you follow this method versus just deep frying them? Well, it is a lot healthier to cook with hot air versus oil right?? Don’t worry, you will still get super crispy potato wedges in under 15 minutes!
Yes of course you could also cook them in an oven at 400 degrees fahrenheit but that takes a lot longer. Personally I think this way is not only quicker but they come out a lot crispier.
- I always like to preheat an air fryer to get the best results.
- Reason being is that if your food is inside the air fryer basket as it’s heating up it isn’t really cooking at the optimal temp. for that time. Part of that duration is at a lower temp. and it won’t be as crunchy.
Mix in all other ingredients so they’re all nicely coated, and then it’s time to heat them up.
Cheesy Potato Wedges in Air Fryer
Pour them babies into your basket trying not to overlap them too much. If they are laying on top of one another quite a bit the outsides won’t get as crispy. Your choice.
You can always do multiple batches, or leave them in for longer but you want to shake the basket every 5 minutes.
- Close your air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remember – shake the basket so they rotate every 5 minutes.
- If after the total duration they aren’t crispy enough for you add 2 minutes and check again.
Now they’re ready to eat y’all!! Throw them in a bowl with cheese, or serve on plates with some french fry dip for the kids and enjoy. I guarantee they will be the hit of everyone’s plate.
We serve these with tons of different air fryer dinner recipes but some of our favorites are:
- Air fryer fish sticks for the kids! Mine actually love these with air fryer carrot fries too.
- Make a whole chicken and have these as a side dish
- If you have leftover russets, make our potato casserole.
What can I dip my fries in? Well the possibilities are endless but ketchup and fry sauce are our favorites.
Printable recipe and nutritional information are below for you. For more easy recipe ideas, sign up for our free newsletter too.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
Now if you wanted to use this other potato you could just follow these same directions. There isn’t much of a difference in timing but you might want to sprinkle brown sugar on during the last few minutes to sweeten then up.
Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Wash potatoes, pat dry with paper towels, then slice into 8 pieces/wedges each.
- Put cut potatoes in a bowl with all other ingredients, mix together so they're coated.
- Put into air fryer basket, without overlapping each other too much or make in 2 batches if needed.
- Air fry for 15 minutes at 400 degrees, shake basket every 5 minutes for best/crispiest results.