Air fryer fried pickles are the bomb! Paired with dill dip they’re the best low carb crunchy snack or appetizer you will ever try. These are truly addicting!
You MUST try these air fryer fried pickles!! If you are curious, they’re super yummy. Maybe you’ve tried them and know how incredible they are. This is a great low carb fried pickles recipe you can make in your Ninja Foodi or other machine at home. (affiliate links present)
- We’ve created a lot of air fryer recipes but these get an “OH MY” from everyone who tries them.
You don’t need a lot of ingredients to make fried pickles.
Just start with a small bowl, paper towels, and this simple coconut flour mixture.
To make your low carb fried pickle batter this is what we used.
Panko bread crumbs can also be used alternatively, but isn’t as good.
Dill dip ingredients are:
- Sour cream
- Or use pickle juice
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
You could use ranch dressing or fry sauce as a dipping sauce too.
There are several sizes and ways to prepare your pickles.
#1 – Use already sliced pickle spears.
#2 – Make this with dill pickle slices, but thicker is better and timing may vary a bit since pieces are smaller.
#3 – Buy whole dill pickles and slice them into spears yourself. I actually prefer this because the pickles will be a bit firmer to start with. If you buy already sliced spears they can be a bit softer (where the seeds are), especially with cheaper brands.
- These taste like deep fried pickles but way healthier with NO oil required.
- You need to pat dry the pickles
- Combine flour and dip pieces in
- In a bowl whisk eggs and dip in
- Then press crushed pork rinds all over
- Lay in air fryer basket in a single layer
- Close lid and set to 400 degrees for 7 minutes or until golden brown
- In a bowl combine dip ingredients and enjoy!
I prefer Claussen pickles personally, they have a great texture. You can find them near the lunch meat in the fridge section of your grocery store.
Why are Claussen pickles refrigerated?
- They are not pasteurized, nor are they heat processed like pickles on non-refrigerated shelves.
- Slightly more expensive they are well worth it!
- They’re also Kosher if that is important to you.
Like I said, we used our Ninja Foodi to make our air fryer pickles.
- BUT if you have an Instant Pot you can buy this pressure cooker air fryer lid and make them with that too!
Looking for other easy air fryer recipes?
- Air fryer fried chicken is yummy with sweet potatoes in the air fryer.
- Our easy air fryer wings recipe has a dry rub and needs NO sauce they’re so good.
- Eggs rolls are always a yummy appetizer.
- We have lots of other Ninja Foodi air fryer recipes we have those too.
- Tater tots in an air fryer are fun and super crunchy too.
If you’re new to using an air fryer you will surely get addicted like I have!
I love it because I don’t have to turn on the oven when it is HOT during the summertime. It also gets foods much crispier than the “traditional” method of throwing it on a sheet pan.
- Food gets super crispy in no time at all and it’s a lot healthier than frying for sure.
- After this try our air fryer dinner recipes!
Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- 12 pickles spears
- 1 c coconut flour
- 2 1/2 oz pork rinds
- 2 eggs
- dipping sauce
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 tbsp dill
- 2 tsp vinegar or use pickle juice if you don't have this
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Slice pickle spears in half lengthwise and use paper towels to dry them off.
- In a bowl beat eggs. In another bowl put in coconut flour.
- Use food processor or put in baggie and use rolling pin to crush pork rinds into fine crumbs. Add this to a 3rd bowl.
- Dip pickle in flour, then dredge in egg, then cover in pork rinds. Spray inside of air fryer basket with non stick spray.
- Lay coated pickle spears in air fryer basket making sure to not overlap them.
- Set to 400 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Now whisk together ingredients for dipping sauce in a bowl so that will be ready.
- Take out or check and see if you want them crunchier when time is up. Dip in sauce and enjoy!