Here is an easy Instant Pot scalloped potatoes recipe you can use as the perfect cheesy side dish for the holidays or year round with dinner.
The holidays are approaching and we’ve been working on a lot of easy Instant Pot recipes around here to serve along side your main dish! These Instant Pot scalloped potatoes are always a must during Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. With layers upon layers of cheesy goodness you’ll be able to free up your oven by cooking them in your handy multi cooker pressure cooker this year. 😉
Since there are so many goodies we even created a post on Instant Pot Thanksgiving recipes which applies to Christmas Day as well and has all our recipes for the holidays there, including this one.
So we call these Instant Pot scalloped potatoes but you might know them as au gratin potatoes, same difference really.
What you’ll need to make Instant Pot scalloped potatoes
- Potatoes – any variety really; yellow potatoes have a more buttery flavor, russet have a fluffier texture
- Cheese – lots of it, any variety but I would include at least half of it being sharp cheddar
- Chicken broth – don’t skip and use water, this is much better
- Half and half
- 7″ springform pan
- Trivet – I like this one with handles
If you’ve never has pressure cooker scalloped potatoes before, it’s actually a great way to cook them.
Why I love cooking in my pressure cooker
- During the holidays the oven is always full, usually too full to allow everything to get done at the same time, using your Instant Pot to cook 1 or more dishes frees your oven up
- Some of your favorite Thanksgiving sides now can be cooked and kept warm for quite some time in your Instant Pot. Just set it on warm when it’s done and take out when everything is ready
- AND many main dishes can be cooked in a fraction of the time like we did with this Instant Pot ham recently
See…..gooey and cheesy when it’s done just like you love them!
After you try these, or if you’re looking for more Instant Pot Thanksgiving side dishes we have some more!
- Instant Pot stuffing
- The best Instant Pot cranberry sauce – seriously cooks in 1 minute
- Holiday Instant Pot corn casserole – comes out so pretty in a bundt too!
- Try this Instant Pot cheesecake for dessert
Here’s the printable recipe for Instant Pot au gratin potatoes. If you want to make slow cooker scalloped potatoes we have that too.
Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes
- In a bowl mix half and half, broth, flour and spices, mix well.
- In another bowl mix cheeses.
- Spray inside of springform pan and make sure it is securely fastened in place or it will leak. Slice potatoes and place 1/3 in the bottom of the pan, there will be 3 layers total.
- Pour half of the liquid on the potatoes, sprinkle with 1/2 of cheese. Layer another layer of potatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, lay remaining potatoes on top and pour remaining liquid on top.
- Create a foil sling and put under pan.
- Pour 2 c of water into your Instant pot and put trivet at bottom.
- Lower pan on to trivet and close lid and steam valve.
- Set on pressure high for 25 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Sprinkle another 3/4 c of cheese on very top and put under broiler for about 4 minutes or until melted and lightly browned if you want to add even more cheese!!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉