Slow Cooker scalloped potatoes are the way to go especially when you’re busy during the holidays and are the perfect cheesy side dish year round.
Are you looking for a creamy side dish for the holidays or something you can make with leftover ham, well our slow cooker scalloped potatoes are it! One of our favorite easy crockpot recipes for sure.
Of course you can leave out the meat but this it’s one of our favorite leftover ham recipes made after Christmas or Easter.
You can also really load these au gratin potatoes up with cheese. I like using a variety of cheeses is best if you ask me. But it really depends on what I have on hand really.
Let’s talk a little bit about slow cooking shall we?? First off I have a few different varieties and I love them all. Each one has an occasion to be used like….
- This is my favorite 6 quart programmable one with a locking lid so it’s great for bringing to a potluck too.
- If you just want to serve a few appetizers you should get this one that sit side by side one another.
- I prefer not to use liners, but rather just spray olive oil inside before adding my food for easier cleanups.
Let me give you a peek of my pretty thang I bought recently. It goes with my kitchen so I can just leave it out on the countertop all the time. 😉
Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes
If you love being able to eliminate one dish from the oven during the holidays, you’ll love this. Prep and throw it all in when you wake up and just forget it about it until everyone is ready to sit down and eat.
There’s nothing worse than having everything ready but there’s no way to cook it. The oven is full and how are you going to have everything done and still warm all at the same time.
YOu really need the help of a Crock and an Instant Pot too.
Depending on your preference you can use russet or red potatoes. I have also heard it called crockpot au gratin potatoes. Call it whatever you wish. 😉
- Why I like about using my crockpot during the holidays is my oven is full. Filled with turkey or ham, and other side dishes so not having one more to contend with is nice.
Then you can leave them in when they’re done and they’ll keep warm for quite some time.
Just serve these slow cooker scalloped potatoes right out of the pot. No need to dirty another serving bowl!
If there are any left they will heat up nicely the next day and one of our fabulous leftover ham recipes too because it’s a great overall dish if you combine the two.
Slow cooker scalloped potatoes
- Cream of potato soup
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Leftover ham if you’re adding that
Take a peek at our other easy Crockpot recipes too!
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes
- Spray non stick spray inside your crockpot.
- Layer potatoes in the bottom, then 1/2 c of water on top of that.
- In a mixing bowl add onions, cheese, ham, soup, spices and 1/2 c water and mix well.
- Spread over the potatoes and cook on high for 4 hrs.
- Serve and garnish with green onions.