How to make a frozen turkey burger in air fryer so it’s tender on the inside and crisp on the outside. Put them on a bun and dress them up!
Make a frozen turkey burger in air fryer tonight! Dressed up with lettuce, tomato and ketchup, they make a great protein packed dinner. Easy air fryer recipes are our favorite. (affiliate links present)
Ninja Foodi Turkey Burgers
Ok so we first made frozen chicken patties in air fryer. They turned out so well that turkey burgers were next.
Try them both and see which is your favorite, or rotate from week to week. Use any brand of machine or Ninja Foodi to make these.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
Frozen Turkey Burger Air Fryer
Here are a few questions you might have before you get going:
14 minutes works perfectly for us. Of course if you like them really crispy you could add another minute or two. To keep it juicy don’t overcook.
You can broil them in the oven, but I think they’re better to air fry. Instant Pot hamburgers come out quite well too when defrosted.
You literally just throw them right in, no prep required.
Air Fryer Frozen Turkey Burgers
This is what you’ll need to pick up to get ready for this meal.
- These were the frozen turkey burgers used, there are several brands out there and most are the same size.
- I like to use a light coating of non stick spray too so they don’t stick.
How do you make frozen turkey burgers taste better?
Dress them up of course! Think about:
- Sliced tomatoes
- Ketchup and mustard
- Fry sauce is yummy
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
Now these aren’t for ground turkey. If your meat is defrosted you’d want closer to an 8 minute burger cook time. At 4 minutes flip them over. Test at the end to ensure they reach 165 degrees F.
Internal temperature of 165 degrees will ensure the very middle is not raw and safe to eat. Just sprinkle with salt and pepper if you like, or leave burger patties plain in air fryer basket.
Either way all pieces should stay in a single layer and not overlap or they won’t cook properly. You can cook a turkey burger Ninja foodi grill style too, that has the air crisp function for that.
With preheating time this will take about 15 minutes total, talk about a quick dinner idea! To improve your experience I do recommend spraying your basket lightly with non stick spray.
Time needed: 14 minutes.
Frozen Turkey Burger in Air Fryer
Preheat air fryer to 375 F for 5 minutes.
Lightly spray basket and put frozen patties in without overlapping.
Cook for 14 – 16 minutes, no need to flip but you can if desired. Remove and dress on a bun as you’d like with lettuce, tomato, ketchup and more.
If you have a bunch of people coming over you can create a burger bar, that is fun! For a healthier choice, try making frozen salmon in air fryer too.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Looking to air fry everything! Here are a few other good ideas we love:
- For a quick snack, try air fryer corn dogs.
- I love a few air fryer frozen mozzarella sticks, they’re great served alongside these.
- Air fryer frozen chicken nuggets are great, way better than in the oven for sure.
How to cook frozen turkey burger in air fryer
You can print the recipe below and keep it handy or of course we love seeing you so just come back for directions.
Frozen Turkey Burger in Air Fryer
- 4 turkey patties frozen, not defrosted
- Preheat air fryer to 375 F for 5 minutes.
- Lightly spray basket and put frozen patties in without overlapping.
- Cook for 14 – 16 minutes, no need to flip but you can if desired. Remove and dress on a bun as you'd like.