Frozen mozzarella sticks in air fryer are so easy to make and crunchier than cooking them in your oven! Love fried cheese? This will be your favorite snack.
Frozen mozzarella sticks in air fryer are so good!! Since we got this air fryer I’ve been tinkering with cooking all the things in it. These cheese sticks are no exception to the rule that everything is better air fried! (originally published 1/20, affiliate links present)
Air Fryer Cheese Sticks
These and our air fryer cheese curds are probably my biggest weaknesses. I love being able to add just a few for a quick snack. My teenagers love how crunchy they get, and can “cook” by themselves when I am away.
If you have not transitioned to baking things right out of your freezer in this hot air basket you are in for a real treat. Everything is so so so much better, takes less time and tastes like what you get served at a restaurant for way cheaper.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
If you too are obsessed with how to air fry everything, we have a few tips for you here. You literally need NO prep work at all when it comes to foods that are frozen. Just like if you used your oven you do NOT want to defrost them ahead of time, at all.
Ninja Foodi Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
You can use any of the machines out there on the market. I have a few and there really aren’t a lot of differences. If you are using your Foodi then the lid that IS attached is the correct one. Use the air crisp button and you’re good to go!
Cooking frozen foods in an air fryer
It was a big surprise to me just how much I enjoyed everything cooked in this thing to be quite honest. I thought “why bother” until I tried it with these air fryer frozen chicken nuggets.
- We will NEVER cook them in the oven again after this.
- They just don’t come out nearly as crispy, and the cook time is so much faster. Game over.
Then we moved on to making air fryer mozzarella sticks and we were convinced. This little kitchen appliance is pure magic y’all.
Farm Rich mozzarella sticks air fryer
Let’s talk about the biggest tip when it comes to air frying food: Do NOT overlap pieces! You need all areas to have a bit of space so browning and crisping can occur.
Now for me the exception to this rule is when I’m cooking air fryer vegetables. There’s no breading on those so it doesn’t matter as much.
Are Farm rich mozzarella sticks good?
Yes!! They’re just one of many brands we’ve tried and the cheese comes out nice and gooey inside. Rarely does the outside break while cooking, only if you mistakingly overcook them. 😉
- The final air fryer and pressure cooker we have, the Ninja Foodi works great too! If you’re looking for both of those functions I’d suggest this model.
It is a bit larger than the other 2 but you do get a multi function appliance and can even replace your rice cooker with this. Take your pick, they all work great.
Ninja Foodi Mozzarella Sticks
When it comes to frozen foods in an air fryer it is very important to only have one layer in your basket though.
- How do you know how long to cook each item though?? Well this air fryer cooking times printable is a huge help! Go ahead and print this out now and tape it to your fridge. I will wait. 😉
How long do you air fry frozen mozzarella sticks?
Now let’s get to a few quick instructions: Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Spray basket with cooking spray. Add as many as you like into your air fryer basket without allowing them to overlap. Close drawer and cook for 6 minutes or until as crispy as you’d like. Enjoy immediately for best results.
- Cook frozen mozzarella sticks for 6 minutes.
- timing will vary depending on how thick the brand you use is, and how crispy you want the outsides but this timing works well for us with every type we’ve used
Eat immediately as is or dipped in marinara sauce!
What are mozzarella sticks made of?
- This popular once deep fried appetizer consists of long slices of mozzarella cheese coated in seasoned bread crumbs and cooked until golden brown and cheese is melted inside.
In the past we made mozzarella cheese sticks on a baking sheet in the oven. With the time it took to preheat and cook it took 3 times as long.
I also feel like this uses a lot less energy but the most important difference is how crispy these get!
- Once you try them for yourself you will see the difference I tell you. Then you can go on to see the difference when air frying snack foods of other kinds.
- Below are a few other favorites we make pretty often.
What sauce do you use for mozzarella sticks?
Of course you can use whatever you wish but if you’re new to this cheesy snack here are a few suggestions. These work with frozen or homemade mozzarella sticks air fryer style:
- Fry sauce is probably top on our list
- Spaghetti sauce is what is usually served on the side in restaurants
- We love bang bang sauce too.
Is ranch good with mozzarella sticks?
- But of course!
- Blue cheese dressing can be an option
- Ketchup goes on anything really
- Honey mustard is my husband’s favorite
Here is the printable recipe below. Nutritional information will vary depending on brand and how many each person consumes.
Air Fryer Frozen Cheese Sticks
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Frozen Mozzarella Sticks in Air Fryer
- 1 bag mozzarella sticks frozen
- 1/4 c marinara sauce
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Add as many as you like into your air fryer basket without allowing them to overlap.
- Close drawer and cook for 6 minutes or until as crispy as you'd like. Enjoy immediately for best results.