This mustard pretzel dip sauce has just 4 ingredients and is a salty sweet addition to your homemade soft pretzels. Beware, it is addicting!
Looking for the best mustard pretzel dip? This is it! Served alongside a warm cheese sauce these are all you’ll need with your soft pretzels.
- Best thing is you only need 4 ingredients to make this pretzel dip!
You know how long it takes to whip this together?? Less than five minutes. I call that a win. Serve it when guests come over and they will surely rave about it.
Whether you make your own homemade soft pretzels, buy them from the store or just want to jazz up bagged pretzel sticks, you’ll love this. Honey mustard pretzel dip is the bomb I tell you.
- Creole mustard
- similar to spicy mustard but with more of a whopping flavor
- if you want to just use what’s on hand and have Grey Poupon dijon mustard in your fridge just use that
- Yellow mustard
- surely you already have a bottle of that
- I really suggest NOT using a low fat version
- Best Foods is better than Miracle Whip that has more of a zing to it
- A bowl to combine all of them together
If you want more of a sweet raspberry honey mustard sauce you could add a Tbsp of jam to this too.
What tastes good with pretzels?
Well that really depends on whom you ask I suppose but here are a few favorites in a survey taken recently:
To me hard pretzels really go well with chocolate, and warm soft homemade pretzels have more of a variety.
Cheese sauce is traditionally served and is what people think about but there are SO many other options!
- Beer cheese dip is fabulous and probably our favorite hot dip
- Chocolate and marshmallow creme dipped pretzel rods
- Gooey pretzel turtles with melted caramel and pecans
- Pretzel crusted cheesecake
- Homemade granola bars with crushed pieces inside
- Taco dip that’s hearty with ground beef makes it a complete meal
What do Germans put on pretzels?
Well my Grandpa who was born there and visited the Octoberfest every single year thought spicy mustard was it. Period.
In Germany, pretzels are often times eaten as a quick snack. You can literally get them at every bakery and even at many service stations.
- Germans also love to eat their pretzels cut in half with a thick layer of butter and chopped chives on top. Sounds odd but not over there.
What are the best pretzels?
Well obviously homemade air fryer pretzel bites or Auntie Anne’s big soft pretzels are the best by far but as far as packaged goes:
Good ol’ Snyder’s of Hanover Olde Tyme Pretzels are pretty darn amazing.
- If you need a gluten free option, many recommend Glutino Pretzel Sticks
- Trader Joe’s pumpernickel pretzel sticks are on the more different side
- UTZ pretzel rods are great if you are dipping
- Bachman flame baked twists are pretty popular
- I like the honey wheat versions you find too
Try this and our other few ingredient recipes this week!
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Mustard Pretzel Dip
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl, serve with soft pretzels.