This cheesy taco dip with ground beef is a delicious appetizer or meal! Perfectly seasoned and made in your skillet it’s a hearty snack or dinner idea!
Do you love a warm yummy snack?? Ok so I am a sucker for any kind of dip and chips…any time of year. Especially during the holidays when you’re all together but the big meal isn’t until the early evening, but nobody really wants to cook before then…a hearty snack like this taco dip with ground beef is perfect! All 5 of us love it! I’ve made it as a snack AND as a dinner served in bowls with a few chips on top to scoop up the yumminess and it filled us all up well with ooey gooey cheese on top (and mixed within..you can never have too much cheese). (affiliate links present, special thanks goes out to Donna Elick for the cookbook so I could share just one of her delish recipes with you)
I got this recipe from The Simple Kitchen cookbook, she calls it Cheesy Taco Skillet. There are many other great recipes in it and this is just one we loved. If you love easy but delicious comfort foods you’ve gotta’ check it out. 😉 Call it what you will, but seriously you can just call it delicious if you ask me. Add what you wish really. If you like heat you could easily dice up a jalapeno and add that in when you are letting it bubble up, if you need it to be dairy free (like my husband), just leave the cheese off or use a cheese alternative you like.
I love sour cream and guacamole when it comes to Mexican style foods, so I put a dollop of each on top when I serve this in individual bowls…delish!! It’s as easy as throwing everything into a skillet (or cast iron pan like we did here), stirring, and topping it with additional cheese, chives, guacamole, sour cream, or any other addition you think sounds yummy.
This is what you will need to make this taco dip with ground beef:
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning (in a packet or make your own)
- Kernel corn
- Black beans
- Diced tomatoes
- Cheese (your choice, mix of sharp cheddar and colby jack are great)
- Sour cream – optional
- Guacamole – optional
- Chives – optional
- Cast iron skillet – this is the one I have and use ALL the time
Serve it with a bowl of chips on the side and just put your cast iron skillet right there on your island where all the other snacks are, on a trivet of course. The other great thing about cooking in cast iron is it actually looks pretty cool served right in the skillet! If you’re looking for another easy appetizer to serve along side this one for a large gathering try our cheesy chili dip or serve our cheesy crockpot lasagna casserole too.
Here’s how you make this easy taco dip with ground beef
Taco Dip with Ground Beef
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 c cheese jack is great
- 2 tsp salt more or less depending on taste
- 1/4 c Mexican seasoning blend cookbook shows you how to make your own or use packet in store
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes with garlic
- 1 can niblet corn drained
- 1/2 c water
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 c guacamole optional
- 1 c sour cream optional
- Cook your ground beef and salt together in a skillet, until cooked through.
- Drain excess drippings. Sprinkle seasoning and stir until beef is coated.
- Add black beans, tomatoes, corn and water. Stir to combine well.
- Bring to a boil until most of the water is evaporated.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and stir until melted.
- Can top with additional bits of shredded cheese, chives, guacamole, sour cream.......