This cheesy taco dip with ground beef is a delicious appetizer or meal! Perfectly seasoned and made in your skillet it’s a hearty snack or dinner idea!
You’ll love this taco dip with ground beef! All 5 of us love it! I’ve made it as a snack AND as a dinner served in bowls with a few chips on top. Topped with ooey gooey cheese on top it’s a family fave. (affiliate links present)
I got this recipe from The Simple Kitchen cookbook, she calls it Cheesy Taco Skillet. There are many other great recipes in it and this is just one we loved. If you love easy but delicious comfort foods you’ve gotta’ check it out. 😉
Call it what you will, but seriously you can just call it delicious if you ask me. Add what you wish really. If you like heat you could easily dice up a jalapeno and add that in when you are letting it bubble up, if you need it to be dairy free (like my husband), just leave the cheese off or use a cheese alternative you like.
I love sour cream and guacamole when it comes to Mexican style foods, so I put a dollop of each on top when I serve this in individual bowls…delish!!
It’s as easy as throwing everything into a skillet (or cast iron pan like we did here), stirring, and topping it with additional cheese, chives, guacamole, sour cream, or any other addition you think sounds yummy.
- Ground beef
- Taco seasoning (in a packet or make your own)
- Kernel corn
- Black beans
- Diced tomatoes
- Cheese (your choice, mix of sharp cheddar and colby jack are great)
- Sour cream – optional
- Guacamole – optional
- Chives – optional
Cast iron skillet – this is the one I have and use ALL the time
Serve it with a bowl of chips on the side and just put your cast iron skillet right there on your island where all the other snacks are, on a trivet of course.
The other great thing about cooking in cast iron is it actually looks pretty cool served right in the skillet!
Taco dip with ground beef
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Taco Dip with Ground Beef
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 c cheese jack is great
- 2 tsp salt more or less depending on taste
- 1/4 c Mexican seasoning blend cookbook shows you how to make your own or use packet in store
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes with garlic
- 1 can niblet corn drained
- 1/2 c water
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 c guacamole optional
- 1 c sour cream optional
- Cook your ground beef and salt together in a skillet, until cooked through.
- Drain excess drippings. Sprinkle seasoning and stir until beef is coated.
- Add black beans, tomatoes, corn and water. Stir to combine well.
- Bring to a boil until most of the water is evaporated.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and stir until melted.
- Can top with additional bits of shredded cheese, chives, guacamole, sour cream…….