The most amazing football appetizer is this 7 layer dip pizza with tons of guacamole and just enough heat! A hearty meal or snack when you’re having a party and packed with tons of flavor, layer after delicious layer. You have got to try this unique pizza idea at your house!
You know your favorite party foods, dip and pizza….well they are colliding here with this 7 layer dip pizza!! With layers of guacamole, sour cream, and all of these other ingredients you see here it is the best appetizer to serve during the big game coming up soon!! If you’re a football fan I am sure you have people over to watch it together and snack! It is always fun to come up with something different, something with a bit of a twist to it and this one got a thumbs up from all 5 of us when I made it for the first time. You see all the yummy layers here?? This recipe post was sponsored by Avocados From Mexico in partnership with the Mom It Forward Influencer Network. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
With just a few minutes of prep you can make this amazing 7 layer dip pizza too, let me show you how easy it is and what you’ll need.
First off you are free to make your own homemade pizza dough if you like and bake it so it’s ready to go. Me personally I like quick so I buy ready made already baked (but just warm them up for about 5 minutes to get a light brown on the outside) kind of pizza crust….but totally up to you.
Also, as with any recipe you should make it just as YOU want meaning if you like some real heat then double the amount of TOBASCO® Sauce I list below.
- If you want extra guacamole then make a double batch so you can use one for your layer here, and the other half for dipping on the side (that’s what I do)….I just can’t get enough guac!!
This is what you will need to make this easy 7 layer dip pizza for the next Big Game! You probably have many of these ingredients already at home (which is nice). I usually just head out for my avocados and pizza crust and I’m set with the rest in my pantry and fridge. I’m sure you already have a bottle of TABASCO® Sauce in your fridge too.
Whether it’s to make a tasty drink, give dinner a bit of spice, or otherwise it is super versatile made with just 3 simple ingredients: tabasco peppers, a small amount of salt and high-quality vinegar.
This is what you’ll need to make our 7 Layer Dip Pizza
- Avocados From Mexico (I use 6 to make a double batch of guacamole)
- TOBASCO® Sauce
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions
- Refried Beans – you can make these pressure cooker refried beans
- Pizza Crust
Just like any other pizza it is easy to serve, people to grab, and seriously everyone will love it! You can easily cut the pieces in half to make 16 slices if you are serving it as an appetizer, or if it is more of a hearty meal choice just slice it into 8 servings. It was devoured when I made it and it was our dinner that night! 😉
Of course this recipe is super versatile.
- You can make your own guacamole if you have a recipe you love but really the main ingredients of a great guacamole remain the same: perfectly ripe Avocados From Mexico (found at your local grocery store), just the right amount of heat and flavor using TOBASCO® Sauce (we like medium level), and some chunky tomatoes in it (so I use store bought really chunky salsa for this part).
From there the sky is the limit really. You can add a bit of salt, diced bell peppers, I’ve even had someone add diced green apples which was different and pretty tasty.
Like I said I love easy to throw together appetizers with simple ingredients when I have people over, and this one is great because I can make two really quickly and know it will be a hit.
We find it is much easier to prep and less messy to eat than traditional 7 layer dip which you need a spoon for serving, plates or cups to put it in, and something like chips to scoop it up with.
In this case it is all done and you can grab a piece with a napkin and enjoy!
- Serve alongside a football shaped cheese ball and the best pan pizza and you’re set for your Super Bowl party!
Here’s the printable delicious 7 layer dip pizza recipe for you.
7 Layer Dip Pizza
- 1 tsp TOBASCO Sauce or more depending on heat level desired
- 3 Avocados from Mexico
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 c chunky salsa
- 3/4 c olives sliced
- 1 pizza crust premade or homemade
- 1.5 c refried beans
- 1/2 c green onions diced
- 1 c cheese Mexican blend shredded is best
- Get your pizza crust ready. I buy premade and warm / lightly brown in the oven for 5 minutes but you can make homemade as well and cook it until lightly browned.
- Spread a layer of refried beans on the pizza crust all the way to the edges where the crust begins.
- In a bowl mash up your Avocados from Mexico, 3/4 c. chunky salsa, and TOBASCO sauce together to make your guacamole.
- Spread your guacamole on top of your refried beans leaving just a little rim of beans exposed so you can see the layers.
- Spoon your last 1/4 c. salsa into the center of your pizza crust.
- Add a layer of sour cream (I use the one that is in a squeezable bottle at the store so I can make a pretty design).
- Sprinkle on your olives, cheese, and green onions. Cut like a pizza and serve with some additional guacamole and sour cream on the side for dipping if desired!
Slice by slice this 7 layer dip pizza football appetizer will make your next Big Game get together a real winner! Just load up on Avocados From Mexico at the store so you can have tons of guacamole on hand (goes fast at our house) and add just the right amount of spice from vine-ripened, red jalapeño peppers over a pecan wood fire which is what is in that little bottle of TABASCO® Sauce in your fridge!
It is the perfect addition to the Big Game food spread. 😉
- Here are a few more guacamole recipes to try!