Copycat Publix buffalo chicken dip made in a slow cooker or in the oven is a killer appetizer with leftover rotisserie shredded chicken.
If you’ve ever had Publix buffalo chicken dip you know how delicious it is. Did you know you could make a similar version right at home? You totally can and it’s a delicious creamy with cream cheese bite of goodness. Serve with chips or vegetables this chicken breast dip is always a hit. (affiliate links present)
Buffalo Chicken Dip with Rotisserie Chicken
Yes of course you can make this as a leftover chicken breast recipe or cook fresh meat until you get your precooked boiled shredded chicken. I buy one of these babies to make it even easier to throw together. However you cut it this is what this goodness starts with, and you should add a lot of it. The more there is the thicker and heartier it is.
If you need to make this in a baking dish in the oven without cream cheese because of dietary restrictions, follow our dairy free buffalo chicken dip recipe. It will certainly taste different than what you’d buy at Publix grocery store but it’s as close as we could come without any dairy products.
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Yes we made ours in a slow cooker. Why? Because I use my pressure cooker, air fryer and this for everything. I mean, like it’s rare I ever use my oven to cook anything anymore.
Plus for hot dip recipes this works so well to keep it warm for hours while people mingle around for get togethers. This is what we used to make this pot of YUM:
- Cooked shredded chicken and cream cheese
- Hot sauce
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Sour cream
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing, the liquid not the dry mix
- You could add diced green onions on the top when served
When serving on game days have celery sticks, tortilla chips and this is how to make bruschetta toast on the side. Perfect hot and bubbly creation to enjoy during Super Bowl parties.
Copycat Publix Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Spray inside of slow cooker with non stick spray. In a bowl blend together your room temperature cream cheese bricks, ranch dressing, sour cream and blue cheese.
- Spread these ingredients into the slow cooker, top with precooked shredded chicken. Pour buffalo sauce on top with 1 cup of your shredded cheeses (cheddar or Mexican blend is great if you can find it) on the very top.
- Cover and cook dip on low for 2-3 hours until the cheese on top has melted and dip is warmed in the center. Uncover and top with rest of your cheese.
I would use a 6 quart slow cooker for this, no less. If you were doubling it you’d need to increase the timing too in order for it to warm all the way to the center. It’s much better warmed.
Want to make this faster? Follow our Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip instructions for that!
Publix Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Want to make this into more of a dinner instead of a starter? Follow our Instant Pot buffalo chicken soup recipe. Same great flavors but heartier as a meal.
Need other appetizer recipes to serve with this? If you are having a Christmas brunch this is a great one, I am all about snacking during those family times. A few other choices would be our shrimp rotel dip and….
Make our easy soft pretzel recipe and serve with mustard pretzel dip. For those who want a low fat option this is a great one. I mean who doesn’t love these from Auntie Anne’s in the mall??
What to do with Leftover Buffalo Chicken Dip
You know I hate to waste food and throwing it away just pains me. Think outside of the box y’all because this can be served up lots of other ways. A cheap way is to make dinner with it the next day stuffed inside baked potatoes! I mean…..yum right?
- Smear it inside some tortillas with extra fresh cheese to make some air fryer quesadillas for lunch.
- Serve sliders for lunch using those sweet Hawaiian rolls and this inside.
- Use some of the leftover naan you served this with initially and make individual pizzas with this instead of sauce.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Publix Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 slow cooker optional
- 16 oz cream cheese softened, 2 packages
- 1/2 c ranch dressing
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1/3 c blue cheese crumbled
- 2-3 c chicken precooked and shredded
- 1/2 c buffalo wing sauce
- 2 c cheese shredded cheddar, divided
- Spray inside of slow cooker with non stick spray. In a bowl blend together room temp. cream cheese, ranch dressing, sour cream and blue cheese.
- Spread this mixture into the bottom of the Crockpot, top this with precooked shredded chicken. Pour buffalo sauce on top with 1 cup of your cheese on the very top.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until the cheese on top has melted and dip is warmed in the center. Uncover and top with rest of your cheese. Serve with veggies and chips.