This is the cutest football shaped cheese ball ever and so easy to make too. The perfect football appetizer with bacon you’ll ever make and everyone will rave over at your party. Perfect Super Bowl appetizer that is cheap to make and really tasty with pretzels or crackers.
When it’s football season it’s fun to have friends over, snack and watch the game….did I mention snack??!! That is the best part I say, and having a few different things that bring out the “oh my goodness, look” in your guests is sometimes the best! Here’s how you make a football shaped cheese ball that is not only adorably cute but tasty too! (originally published 1/17, affiliate links present)
Football Cheese Ball
OH yes how cute is this football cheese ball? Filled with onion and chive dip loaded with bacon and cheese on some crackers, um the best! You have got to make this for your guests this year because you will get all the oohhhh ahhhhs.
Great for both adults and kids alike and especially when you are having a Super Bowl party or watching college football it is sure to be a huge hit at any party with any ages there! Here is just how easy it is to make.
Football Cheese Ball with Bacon
The key is using your hands to make the cheese football. Take your rings off and just get in there to ensure you get the right shape you want…you can wash them off later, no worries! You can use bacon bits or cook bacon beforehand and crumble it into a bowl to use for the outside, totally up to you.
If you want to make it super easy just buy bacon bits and already sliced cheese. Throw it together with some crackers and even some sliced bruschetta bread that you’ve toasted and this football shaped cheese ball is the perfect football appetizer!
- If you love this you’ll love our free printable football bingo game and another party food you will love is this grape jelly meatball appetizer recipe too that is a perfect dish to serve at a party like this too!
Super Bowl Cheese Ball
This is what you’ll need for this holiday cheese ball:
- Room temperature onion and chive cream cheese and cheddar cheese shredded
- Large bowl
- Finely chopped green onions
- Garlic powder
- Provolone or mozzarella cheese
- Sheet of plastic wrap
- Serve with crackers or pretzels – these football crackers are fun
- Serve it on this football field cutting board or inside a small bowl
Football shaped cheese ball
Some people like to sprinkle a bit of hot sauce on the top before serving this football shaped cheese mixture.
- Try these twice baked potatoes stuffed with all the fixings
- Crack chicken deviled eggs are way better than the old fashioned type
- Bacon wrapped onions are out of this world I tell you
- Energy balls are great little finger foods
- Football pudding cups are cute too.
- Our 7 layer dip pizza is really fun football party food
Heck, you could even have this as a Valentines Day snack for your football loving spouse.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Football Shaped Cheese Ball
- 4 pkgs containers of Onion & Chive Cream Cheese 8oz each
- 2 C Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 C Cooked Crumbled Bacon
- 1 Slice Provolone Cheese
- 4 tbsp Green Onions
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 pkg pretzels or crackers
- In a medium size bowl, mix all 4 containers of cream cheese, shredded cheese, and garlic powder.
- Using your hands, shape mixture into a football. Coat the entire football with the crumbled bacon. If it is too wet, wrap it in plastic wrap and put it into the fridge to harden more. Then shape and unwrap before serving.
- Cut provolone cheese into slices and place on top as the “stitching”.Chop green onions and place around the football. (This represents the grass)!
- Serve with crackers or pretzels. Can be made up the night before and stored in an airtight container.