This is the cutest football shaped cheese ball ever and so easy to make too. The perfect football appetizer with bacon you’ll ever make and everyone will rave over at your party. Perfect Super Bowl potluck appetizer that is cheap to make and really tasty with pretzels or crackers.
When it’s football season it’s fun to have friends over, snack and watch the game….did I mention snack??!! That is the best part I say, and having a few different things that bring out the “oh my goodness, look” in your guests is sometimes the best! Here’s how you make a football shaped cheese ball that is not only adorably cute but tasty too! (originally published 1/17)
OH yes how cute is this…and who doesn’t love a great dip too! Filled with onion and chive dip loaded with bacon and cheese on some crackers, um the best!
- Great for both adults and kids alike and especially when you are having a Super Bowl party or watching college football it is sure to be a huge hit at any party with any ages there! Here is just how easy it is to make.
Football shaped cheese ball
This is what you’ll need:
- Onion and chive cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Provolone cheese
- Pretzels and/or crackers – these football crackers are fun
- Serve it on this football field cutting board for even more Wow’s
The key is using your hands to make the cheese football. Take your rings off and just get in there to ensure you get the right shape you want…you can wash them off later, no worries! You can use bacon bits or cook bacon beforehand and crumble it into a bowl to use for the outside, totally up to you.
If you want to make it super easy just buy bacon bits and already sliced cheese. Throw it together with some crackers and even some sliced bruschetta bread that you’ve toasted and this football shaped cheese ball is the perfect football appetizer!
- If you love this you’ll love our free printable football bingo game and another party food you will love is this grape jelly meatball appetizer recipe too that is a perfect dish to serve at a party like this too!
Football Shaped Cheese Ball
- 4 pkgs containers of Onion & Chive Cream Cheese 8oz each
- 2 C Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 C Cooked Crumbled Bacon
- 1 Slice Provolone Cheese
- 4 tbsp Green Onions
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 pkg pretzels or crackers
- In a medium size bowl, mix all 4 containers of cream cheese, shredded cheese, and garlic powder.
- Using your hands, shape mixture into a football.Coat the entire football with the crumbled bacon.
- Cut provolone cheese into slices and place on top as the “stitching”.Chop green onions and place around the football. (This represents the grass)!
- Serve with crackers or pretzels. Can be made up the night before and stored in an airtight container.
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉