Here is an easy holiday cheese ball recipe you can make for any occasion! It’s the perfect appetizer or dessert for Easter or Christmas and any other time of year, all you have to do is change the colors and you’re ready. A cream cheese ball loaded with other yummy flavors to make this sweet dip paired with goodies.
When Easter or the holidays arrive I am all about snacking and desserts that are easy to put together but look really pretty. This holiday cheese ball is a simple treat to serve and depending on what holiday you’re in you can easily change it up with the colors of the season.
Since it is Easter time now we have pastels lining the outside of this cream cheese ball but during Christmas you could use green and red M&Ms just as easily and make it then or use brown and yellow chocolate candies for Thanksgiving too. It is a really versatile and yummy appetizer or dessert to serve.
If you’ve never had a dessert dip they are not only delicious but so easy to make. It is great to keep on hand as a throw together treat when people come over because it only takes a few minutes to put it together and it looks like it took you a lot longer than that to make.
Of course you can use any kind of decorations on the outside you want. Roll it in red white and blue sprinkles for Fourth of July and you have yourself an impressive snack for everyone while you’re waiting for the main meal to be served.
Or as I like it, serve a dessert bar full of different sweets and include this holiday cheese ball as one of them. Put a knife next to it so people can cut a bit off and grab a few Nilla wafers or pretzels even to get that salty and sweet flavor we all love. The options are endless.
This is what you’ll need to make your holiday cheese ball
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Inside add ins
- mini chocolate chips
- crushed Andes mints
- crushed nuts
- dried cranberries
- Outside options
- Side items for dipping
- vanilla wafers
- graham crackers
- Cute Easter platter for dips like this or this one is adorable for Christmas
Holiday Cheese Ball
- 2 packages cream cheese 8 oz. each, softened
- 1 stick butter softened
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 3/4 c mini chocolate chips to mix inside, or crushed nuts etc...
- 1/2 c colored chocolate candies m&ms or other candies for the outside
- 1 box vanilla wafers pretzels, graham crackers or other side items
- Put room temp. cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, mini chocolate chips (or other items you want inside the cheese ball) into a bowl and mix until combined well.
- Roll these blended ingredients into a ball using parchment paper on the outside and shaping it into a ball, or using hands.
- Roll cream cheese ball in colored chocolates or sprinkles to cover the outside.
- Place on plate or serving tray you want to use and put into the fridge for 1-2 hours so it can stiffen up.
- Take out and spread dipping items around cream cheese ball and serve.
Looking for other fun appetizer ideas?? Here’s a link to the best hot dip recipes.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉