Pumpkin cream cheese dip is amazing! Paired with graham crackers or Nilla wafers, serve this dessert dip up during the holidays, it’s a fave. If you loved our Philadelphia cream cheese dip with chocolate chips you’ll love this one for the Fall.
You could also call this pumpkin fluff dip too if you wanted to. It only takes a few ingredients and even your kids can help make this on your special day. Top with candied pecans for pretty and a bit of candied crunch this stuff is addicting!! (post may contain affiliate links)
Philadelphia Cream Cheese Pumpkin Dip
Every holiday season we always make pistachio ambrosia with fruit and this same whipped topping. This year I wanted to buy an extra tub and come up with another goodie to include on our buffet table. It didn’t last long y’all.
I mean I just can’t get enough of this flavor once October first hits. From our 2 ingredient pumpkin muffins, to dessert bars, donuts and of course pie there is always something new you can make with it. If you have never made a dessert dip before it sure makes the kids in your house smile.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
Dips in my day were always savory, not the case nowadays and thank goodness for that. If you have never tried one it is easy. Instead of pairing it with things like chips or pita bread you offer small cookies, vanilla wafers and broken up graham crackers.
- 1 box of instant pudding vanilla is best, a 3.4 oz box
- A bit of pumpkin pie spice is nice to amplify the Fall flavors
- Milk or you could use dairy alternative like almond milk or even coconut milk works
- Block of cream cheese room temperature
- You can use canned pumpkin or make homemade Instant Pot pumpkin puree
- Whipped topping cool whip, thawed
- Mini marshmallows optional
- Chopped candied pecans are a nice add in but of course optional if you don’t want crunchy and smooth together (texture issues I know)
Dairy Free Pumpkin Dip
If you needed this alternative you can typically find a lactose free cream cheese at the store and use cashew, almond or coconut milk instead. This and our dessert holiday cheese ball are always a hit for sure and can be served together with the “dippers” set in the middle.
Whipped Pumpkin Dip
I do have a printable recipe card for you at the bottom of this post, you can jump to recipe now. But now that you see what is needed above I’ll just do a quick rundown here of how it’s done. Remember to incorporate everything gently. I like to use a small spatula to do so in a bowl, then transfer it into something prettier to serve it in.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the vanilla instant pudding, pumpkin pie spice, and milk for 3 minutes.
- Using a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy with a hand mixer for about 3 minutes until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin pie filling puree, scraping down as needed, and continue beating until combined. Combine the pudding mixture with the cream cheese mixture until blended.
- Incorporate in the whipped topping.
Fold marshmallows and nuts into your pumpkin dessert. Serve topped with additional pecans and/or garnishes on top. You could use Fall colored sprinkles, powdered sugar, crushed walnuts, smashed grahams or even mini chocolate chips. For a healthier option apple slices and other fruits can be used to swipe up the dip, and you’re ready to serve!
Dessert Dip with Pumpkin
If you are still in the mindset that you don’t want to cook anything, give our addicting peanut butter muddy buddies a whirl. OMG if you have never made them you’ll be hooked too.
Need a few other ideas to go with this?? Try our pumpkin spiced cookies with cake mix and glaze, which honestly we make year round because they’re so good. There are so many options around the end of the year, we always like to try something new. I hope this might be your new for this year.
How do you store leftover dip
There is a trick to keeping this! You want to keep it nice and moist while it sits in the fridge. The best way to do this is to put a new thin layer of whipped topping on the top. Then cover with plastic wrap and gently touch the top of it so there is no air trapped inside the dish. It can be enjoyed during the next 3 days this way.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
- 1 Bowl
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the vanilla instant pudding, pumpkin pie spice, and milk for 3 minutes. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin puree, scraping down as needed, and continue beating until combined. Combine the pudding mixture with the cream cheese mixture until blended.
- Fold in the whipped topping. Fold in the marshmallows and nuts. Serve topped with additional pecans and/or garnishes.