2 ingredient pumpkin muffins are fantastic! Add chocolate chips and they almost taste like homemade. Best cake mix muffins you’ll ever make.
2 ingredient pumpkin muffins are something we make year after year. Add mini semi sweet chocolate chips and you take these semi homemade bites over the top. Best easy dessert recipe ever.
Pumpkin muffins with 2 ingredients
We made pumpkin cookies with cake mix recently as a great twist but totally forgot I hadn’t shared this one yet! I guess you forget about the simplest treats, or assume everyone already knows about them.
- If this is new to you then yay….I’m glad I remembered to share it.
- Forgot about this but made it years ago, make it again with fun add ins. White chocolate and/or dried cranberries are awesome too
Yes we do in fact share a ton of easy pumpkin desserts here on The Typical Mom, because well it is my favorite flavor. I always keep a few cans in my pantry so even if it is February I can whip one of them up.
Cake Mix Pumpkin Muffins
If you want to go all out, follow our moist pumpkin bread recipe here. You can make that into muffins too if you want in about 23 minutes. It does take longer to prep than these two ingredient muffins do.
No. They will be fine cooled, then put inside a gallon freezer bag with the air removed on the counter for about 4 days. Or wrap in plastic wrap and then inside aluminum foil so they stay moist.
4 days if in a sealed container on the countertop or fridge. If you want to keep them longer then wrap up as directed and freeze for up to 3 months.
These are so simple, all you need is one bowl. No dry ingredients with brown sugar and/or wet like eggs, and then combine. The spice cake mix has everything you need already added inside.
2 Ingredient Pumpkin Bread
You can use a loaf pan or regular / mini muffin pan with liners to make this. The only difference is timing. I prefer grab and go breakfasts and a faster bake time so this is the direction I usually go in.
Add ins that we like:
- #1 for sure would be mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- White chocolate chips with some dried cranberries are great too
- A tub of Duncan Hines cream cheese frosting is great to spread on the top when done if you want.
- or just mix together powdered sugar and some water to make a quick frosting
To make the best pumpkin muffin recipe with cake mix, use spice cake version. I tend to load up on several when they are at the store and on sale. They’re more expensive online typically.
It adds all the Fall flavors inside of it you need so other than a bit more of pumpkin spice you don’t need much. Any size muffins work great, you can even make mini bundts like our pumpkin zucchini muffins.
- Now start by preheating oven to 325 F. I will tell you that most easy pumpkin muffin recipes use 350, it won’t be as moist with the higher temperature.
- Believe me, I’ve tested this time and time again and years ago I decided that at a slightly lower temp. for a bit longer turned out SO MUCH better!! Like melt in your mouth moist bread.
Time needed: 22 minutes.
2 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
In a bowl mix spice or yellow cake mix and pumpkin until smooth. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Put muffin papers in pan, this will make 16 when filled 3/4 full in cups.
If adding pumpkin pie spice, dry cranberries, and/or chocolate chips, fold them in now.
Fill muffin cups 3/4 way full (they don’t rise as much as cupcakes so you can add a bit more than “normal”). Bake for 22 minutes until toothpick comes out clean in center.
Take out and let cool for 5 minutes before removing papers and eating.
It is important to take out before they over bake. That will dry them out. If you touch the center and they kinda’ bounce back (not as much as a cupcake would, they’re denser than that), take them out. Then allow them to cool.
Once you find out just how amazing and truly easy these are you can make them for every occasion. Whether it’s March or October 12 if you have these two ingredients in your pantry you can enjoy them year round.
Bite in and THIS is how amazing they are!
If following the Weight Watchers plan, those who are have advised me that 1 of these mini muffins are 4 points on the green plan and 90 calories.
2 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
- In a bowl mix cake mix and pumpkin until smooth. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put muffin papers in pan, this will make 16 when filled 3/4 full in cups.
- If adding pumpkin pie spice and/or chocolate chips, fold them in now.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 way full (they don't rise as much as cupcakes so you can add a bit more than "normal").
- Bake for 22 minutes until toothpick comes out clean in center.
- Take out and let rest for 5 minutes before removing papers and eating.