You have got to try these easy 3 ingredient blueberry pie filling dump cake cupcakes. They are so much fun and delicious too! The perfect little dessert bite that takes just 5 minutes to make and takes less than 15 minutes to bake to perfection. With a dollop of frosting these cute fruit cupcakes are the best!
Ok so we had a long weekend so my girls and I got to baking! We like really easy recipes and were thrilled at how well our 3 ingredient blueberry pie filling dump cake cupcakes turned out! They were so delicious, moist, and only took about 5 minutes to put together before throwing them into the oven to rise. We are all too familiar with the traditional dump cake recipe we’ve made many times but we made this one a bit different and I will say I like this method better. It’s lighter and rises much more than previous recipes we’ve tried.
Now on the list as one of our favorite easy dump cake recipes!
You could easily use other types of pie filling like cherry but my very favorite pie, cake, pastry, and fruit in general is blueberry so we went with that to begin with…I am sure we will continue on with the others in the future since this one turned out so well. 😉
We started fooling with the “old fashioned” dump cake idea when we got our pressure cooker and made this yummy Instant Pot dump cake using apple pie filling and it was really yummy!
Then I wanted to test it with brownies and made these cute and very moist cherry brownies using the method you will now see here with these easy blueberry pie filling dump cake cupcakes….I suggest you make those brownies after this, they’re winners too.
Yep, this is what you’re going to need. If you’ve made a dump cake in the past you typically don’t use eggs, rather you use butter.
I found that those came out really flat and didn’t rise very much at all no matter what device you were cooking them in.
I prefer my baked goods to rise and be fluffy so I knew substituting eggs for that butter would probably do the trick and they did!
Of course you can use whatever brands you want but this is what I ordered from Amazon (my lifesaver) to make these blueberry pie filling dump cake cupcakes
- Cake mix – I used white, you could use really any flavor or brand
- Pie filling – I used this blueberry filling but you could use another fruit or make your own homemade apple pie filling to use
- If making mini cupcakes like we did you’ll need these tiny cupcake liners
- If you don’t already have a mini muffin pan this is the one I love
When you’re done enjoying this dessert you’ll love our apple spice dump cake too!
Blueberry Pie Filling Dump Cake
- 1 box cake mix 16.5 oz
- 1 can pie filling 21 oz
- 2 eggs
- In a bowl mix together cake mix and eggs, then add can of pie filling and fold together gently until all (or most, there will be specks left) cake mix is combined well.
- Use cupcake liners or spray your pan with non stick spray and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill your muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 14 minutes for mini cupcakes or about 20 minutes for regular size cupcakes....or until top springs back when you touch them gently.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉