This apple spice dump cake is easy to throw together and creates a warm cinnamon coffee cake like dessert in no time at all. An easy Fall treat you’ll love.
We are all about easy dump cake recipes here on The Typical Mom and this apple spice cake dump cake is our latest creation! I guess you could call it a cross between an apple pie filling dump cake and a sort of coffee cake dump cake, it came out so good!
Filled with cinnamon and apples it is the perfect Fall dessert…..or year round really, let’s be honest.
I love dump cake recipes because they only require 3-5 ingredients which I can usually keep in my cupboards so if company shows up unexpectedly I have it all on hand to throw together.
This happened just the other day and I luckily had all the ingredients to make this easy pumpkin pudding cake recipe on hand….everyone loved that one!
This is all you need to make this layered apple spice dump cake
- Apple pie filling – make your own homemade pressure cooker apple pie filling or we’ve used this one
- Box of cinnamon swirl muffin mix – this is the one I bought
- Nuts – I used walnuts but candied pecans would be good too
You can see how it is somewhat layered in your 13×9 pan, I used a glass one but you could spray an aluminum one too if that is all you had.
As with any dump cake there isn’t a lot of mixing, it just bakes all together in the oven.
There is usually just a little powder left on top from the muffin mix, but it’s just a bit and once it is served up it’s not a big deal.
Served up immediately this apple spice dump cake is wonderful with just a bit of vanilla ice cream on top or whipped cream / whipped topping.
It is quite sweet so a small piece / scoop is all you need and it’s plenty for 8-12 people depending on how much each person eats.
All in all it is an easy dump cake to make and cheap to feed a bunch of people for sure.
After you try this here are a few more you will enjoy:
Here’s the printable recipe.
Apple Spice Dump Cake
- 1 box cinnamon swirl cake mix 21 oz., I used Krusteaz
- 1/2 c butter melted
- 1 can pie filling apple, 21 oz
- 1/2-3/4 c walnuts chopped, optional
- Spray a 13x9 baking pan.
- Pour apple pie filling on bottom and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle cake mix portion of your cinnamon swirl cake mix on top of the apple pie filling and spread out evenly.
- Melt your butter and pour evenly on top of this cake mix.
- Then open the brown sugar bag in your cake mix box and sprinkle that on top spreading out evenly.
- Sprinkle nuts on the top if desired and put into oven preheated to 350 degrees.
- Bake until golden brown on top and middle is starting to firm up, approx 50 minutes.