Pistachio pudding ambrosia is an amazing side dish or dessert! A cross between your favorite pistachio pudding and marshmallow ambrosia, you’ll love it too.
If you’ve ever made our easy ambrosia recipe you know what a yummy treat that is. If you love pistachio pudding you’ll love this cross between them both I came up with when I wanted to bring something new to Thanksgiving dinner last year. I called it pistachio pudding ambrosia and it was a hit!
We serve things like this as a side dish during the holidays and Easter just wasn’t the same without my aunt’s ambrosia salad!
Now that I have a family of my own I make it myself and include it on the menu at Christmas too because it reminds me of my childhood. 😉
My sister in law has the same memories but with pistachio pudding so we always ended up with both on the buffet table which was great but I thought….a mixture of a sort of pistachio pudding ambrosia would be amazing I bet….so I set off to try it.
This is what it looked like…….
Of course you can get the white mini marshmallows but really, the rainbow ones are just so much prettier.
I will say it is sweet!
A hefty whopping tablespoon is all you need on the side of your turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing just to sweeten things up before you hit the dessert table during the holidays. 😉
This is how I made it……
Ingredients for pistachio pudding ambrosia are:
- Whipped topping
- Pistachio pudding mix – by the pudding in your store or you can grab some here
- Crushed pineapple in a can
- Mini marshmallows
- Shredded sweetened coconut
- Crushed pistachios
- Mandarin oranges – I just used 1/2 can drained
Pistachio Pudding Ambrosia
- Fold together whipped topping and pistachio pudding mix until well blended.
- Empty can of crushed pineapple into this mixture and fold in gently until combined.
- Gently fold in mini marshmallows, mandarin oranges, and coconut until combined.
- Best when refrigerated for at least an hour but you could make it in the morning and serve it in the evening too easily. If you think it is a bit too thick for your liking then add back in some of the drained mandarin orange juice to loosen it up.
- Sprinkle crushed pistachio nuts on top for garnish, can add a few marshmallows on top too to make pretty + a light sprinkle of coconut.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉