This 4 ingredient banana bread using cake mix is a great breakfast, dessert or snack! A quick banana bread recipe using overripe bananas we love.
I love easy cake mix recipes! What is in that box is just begging to be amped up in one way or another and this 4 ingredient banana bread is a great example of just what you can do with spice cake mix! You can use any variety you like, but this is a great combination! Perfect for breakfast or to include in your brunch menu, you can throw this together in no time at all.
We came up with a bunch of overripe banana recipes years ago because I just hate wasting food, this 4 ingredient banana bread has just been added to this list as well as a bunch of others.
Have you ever used cake mix to make….well, something other than a cake??!!
It’s a great base to make just about anything sweet really.
The cake mix recipes we’ve made so far are:
Now we’re here to make some banana bread with cake mix!
I will say that if you do have the time, homemade banana bread is worth the time. I don’t make a lot of things homemade from start to finish and usually opt for semi-homemade but banana bread is something I do think tastes better from scratch.
- BUT…if you are in a bind or are missing a few ingredients this semi homemade banana bread with cake mix is a good second for sure!!
It does look pretty close to from scratch though, don’t you think??!!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy 4 ingredient banana bread with cake mix.
- Overripe bananas – 5 med. sized is good, could add 6
- Box of cake mix – Spice cake mix is by far the best one to use, could use white or yellow in a bind
- Could add a bit of banana extract if you want a more intense banana flavor
You could add a bit of mini chocolate chips too if you wish, and/or some chopped nuts but I like it as is.
Looking for other easy breakfast recipes?
- Omelette in a mug
- Banana pineapple bread
- Pressure cooker banana bread
- Chocolate banana cookies with oats
- Tons of easy dump cake recipes use cake mix and transform into something amazing
4 Ingredient Banana Bread
- 5 bananas brown
- 1 box cake mix we used spice cake mix, another would work too
- 1/3 c oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c mini chocolate chips optional
- Mash bananas, then add all other ingredients (except c chips if you're adding those) and mix until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips if you want to add those and/or nuts.
- Put into preheated oven at 350 degrees for 45 min or until knife comes out clean when inserted into the middle...you do not want to overbake this.This will make 2 loaves or 1 loaf and 8 muffins.Bake muffins for approx. 16-18 min. or until they spring back when touched gently in the middle.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉