This 4 ingredient banana bread using cake mix is a great breakfast, dessert or snack! A quick banana bread recipe using overripe bananas we love.
I love easy cake mix recipes! What is in that box is just begging to be amped up in one way or another and this 4 ingredient banana bread is a great example of just what you can do with spice cake mix! You can use any variety you like, but this is a great combination! Perfect for breakfast or to include in your brunch menu, you can throw this together in no time at all.
- We came up with a bunch of overripe banana recipes years ago because I just hate wasting food.
I have made this easy banana bread recipe when they’re still pretty yellow and it works find. The browner the better though really.
If you’re tired of “the same old thing” I suggest you try this one! You can make a bunch of varieties depending on the type of cake mix you use. The one I like the best is spice if you ask me but others have enjoyed vanilla and yellow mixes too with this.
- This easy banana bread recipe has just been added to this list as well as a bunch of others.
- It is perfect if you have a box of cake mix, but not a lot of other ingredients in your pantry.
4-Ingredient banana bread
Have you ever used cake mix to make….well, something other than a cake??!! Seriously, it is really versatile and can be used to make more than just 6 cupcakes as a treat. If you’re looking for angel food cake mix recipes we have a bunch of those too!
White or spice cake mix is a great base to make just about anything sweet like this easy banana bread.
The browner the better. I don’t like them to be completely black, but right before that point is perfection. If you need an extra day or two and they’re ready, stick them in the fridge to slow down the process.
I have done that and it isn’t tremendously hard, but semi-homemade using cake mix like this recipe is the way to go! Just 4 ingredients and if your naners are ripe enough you may not know the difference.
Now we’re here to make some banana bread with cake mix!
I will say that if you do have the time, homemade banana bread is worth the time.
I don’t make a lot of things homemade from start to finish and usually opt for semi-homemade but banana bread is something I do think tastes better from scratch.
- BUT…if you are in a bind or are missing a few ingredients this semi homemade banana bread with cake mix is a good second for sure!!
It does look pretty close to from scratch though, don’t you think??!!
4 ingredient banana bread with cake mix
- Overripe bananas – 5 med. sized is good, could add 6
- Box of cake mix – Spice cake mix is by far the best one to use, could use white or homemade yellow cake mix
- Could add a bit of banana extract if you want a more intense banana flavor
You could add a bit of mini chocolate chips too if you wish, and/or some chopped nuts but I like it as is. Making easy banana bread muffins with these ingredients is possible too.
Easy breakfast recipes
- Omelette in a mug is a great protein packed meal for one, add diced ham for extra yum
- Banana pineapple bread is fun to liven things up
- Pressure cooker banana bread can be made in your Instant Pot and is moist and delicious
- Chocolate banana cookies with oats
- Tons of easy dump cake recipes use cake mix and transform into something amazing
We absolutely love our pumpkin banana bread too which is perfect in the Fall. Well, okay we make this year round and eat it for dessert too.
4 ingredient banana muffins
Follow our banana bread muffins recipe here, it works great for grab and go snacks.
- Just follow the recipe as stated below
- I used carrot cake mix this time which was delicious
- 1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips were added too and got thumbs up from my kiddos and neighbors
- I suggest using muffin liners
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way full
- Once oven is preheated, bake them for 18 minutes
- Remove pan and use a spoon to lift muffins out and on to a cooling rack
Do not leave them in your muffin tin or they will continue cooking and not be as moist. If you want to make a small batch you can use our temp. and timing in our air fryer banana bread recipe.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
4 Ingredient Banana Bread
- Mash bananas, then add all other ingredients (except c chips if you’re adding those) and mix until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips if you want to add those and/or nuts.
- Put into preheated oven at 350 degrees for 45 min or until knife comes out clean when inserted into the middle…you do not want to overbake this.This will make 2 loaves or 1 loaf and 8 muffins.Bake muffins for approx. 16-18 min. or until they spring back when touched gently in the middle.