Here are a bunch of easy football party food recipes you can serve at your next get together or bring to a potluck. Great Super bowl appetizers, or for any party at your house. Hearty finger foods and bite size treats that everyone will love.
Are you ready for some football party food ideas for game day? I will say I’m not a huge football fan but I love a great get together with family and friends so if it’s a game we need to celebrate, let’s do it! I’m ready to party and EAT at all times. Here are some favorite recipes that are delicious and perfect for when you and your guests get the munchies! (affiliate links present)
Football Party Food Ideas
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
- Cream cheese pinwheels are always a favorite, or make air fryer stuffed mushrooms with a similar filling.
- Instant Pot chicken sliders are a must and so simple to make in your Instant Pot
- This is how to bake crispy chicken wings to perfection, the only way to go
Want a hearty ground beef dish? Try our sloppy joe bread bowls or Instant Pot sloppy joes. This is a heartier choice that will fill bellies for longer, and definitely popular with the men in the house.
Super Bowl Food
Remember that you may have guests with different needs. Kids are best with foods that aren’t quite as messy and smaller finger food sizes. If you know you have someone who requires gluten free super bowl appetizers then you’d need to think ahead. Using GF Panko does the trick for foods like our gluten free chicken wings and others…
….. like air fryer chicken wings baking powder work well too. Just make sure to check the package to ensure it is certified gluten free.
Easy Football Appetizers
Now if you are feeding a crowd you will want cheap options you can change up with similar ingredients. that is true with our Crescent Roll Taco Ring. Make with ground beef or chicken inside. Here are a few questions you might have:
Pressure cooker frozen meatballs only take a few minutes to make! You can toss them with bbq or spaghetti sauce for a cheap appetizer. Simple meatballs can also be baked or try air fryer meatballs too.
Serve with some toothpicks, or with small rolls to eat as meatball sliders.
What food is good for a football party
You want something that is not only great tasting but you don’t have to watch it the whole time. Everyone should be able to enjoy time together, including you. Something like our baked queso dip with meat you can throw together and let it bubble together. Easy peasy.
If you have kids you may want an activity, and we have a free one with our Football Coloring Pages. There are 7 to choose from and cost you nothing.
- Pressure cooker cheese fondue is to die for and you can serve a lot of dippers with it
- Make slow cooker buffalo chicken sliders or lettuce wraps. With a sprinkle of blue cheese, they’re so good.
Now let’s talk eggs. Yes you can make regular old fashioned stuffed deviled eggs to serve but amp those babies up y’all. Make our crack chicken deviled eggs this year for the ultimate YUM. Twice baked potatoes or air fryer hasselback potatoes are the bomb!
What is the most popular food for a Super Bowl Party
Buy some mini hot dogs and make our pigs in a blanket pull apart bread! They are a fun finger food that doesn’t cost much at all and kids are super fans for sure. For a more delicate choice, our shrimp deviled eggs are wonderful.
- Air Fryer smokies are an incredible appetizer
- Sloppy joe egg rolls are always a hit
- Try this 3 ingredient cheese dip with chips
- If you’re looking for a great crockpot chili recipe this is our favorite, and this cheesy chili dip rocks too!
You will definitely get compliments on this one and people will ask how it’s done! A lot easier than you might think it will be a conversation piece + a yummy snack.
Super Bowl Party Food
If you are going for a Mexican theme I would highly suggest making our Taco Balls with a bunch of different sauces.
- Make Instant Pot hard boiled eggs in bulk and then serve deviled eggs, super cheap and yummy
- 3 Ingredient Sloppy Joes – Once again, this is a great hearty dish to have at a football party and for dinner too. After you make this easy 3 ingredient sloppy joe recipe you will never buy the canned version again to add to your meat!
- Grab buns, throw this in a crockpot so it stays warm and you have a great football food!
If you’re looking for bite size desserts these 3 ingredient cherry brownies are always a hit.
Game Day Food Ideas
Chicken Pot Pie Bites – I have not only made these for get togethers and to bring as an appetizer when we go to someone’s house, but I have also made them for dinner using leftover rotisserie chicken!
- They are super easy to make, easy to eat since they require NO utensils, and you can add a cute football shaped piece to the top for a football party food like you see here!
- Here are the best appetizers with bacon, you just can’t go wrong with bacon
- Instant Pot meatballs are great too
Sweet n Salty Smokies – These are seriously to die for!!! Just a few ingredients but turn out so delicious and are addicting! I brought these as an appetizer for Thanksgiving, a plate of them to a New Year’s party, and an appetizer for a get together and they are always the first things to go.
What to bring to a Super Bowl party
Bourbon Glazed Kilbasa Bites – Great football appetizer that is sweet and tangy. Nice and hearty using kilbasa sausage which is perfect for a get together when you’re craving more than just chips and salsa.
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pinwheels – These are great for many occasions. They look pretty enough for a baby shower appetizer, but are perfect for an occasion like a football party too. Super easy to throw together and yummy.
For finger foods, especially when you have kids coming over you need something that can be grabbed and taken outside. Our Auntie Anne’s pretzel dogs are perfect for little hands.
- Mini Pizza Bites – We make these all the time. OK, I am a little addicted to making things in my muffin pan! It makes it easy to pick up and quicker to bake.
- Also it looks cuter too and makes for a perfect appetizer….who doesn’t love pizza in any shape right?
Yummy steak fajita cups are awesome to serve.
Top 10 Football Foods
Jalapeno Poppers – from iBreathe I’m Hungry – Delicious…..enough said!
- Sriracha Chicken Wings – Want some spice?? Here are some great chicken wings with a sriracha kick to them! Chicken wings are kinda’ synonymous with football so make sure you include them in some form
- Make some easy sloppy joes and Instant Pot shredded chicken ready, with toppings and buns next to them for all day snacking.
- Have bowls full of:
- sour cream
- Have bowls full of:
Want to make a batch of frozen chicken wings in an air fryer too?? This way is super easy!!
- Chili Salsa Verde – from Mama Likes to Cook – Everyone serves the traditional red salsa, so why not shake it up a bit and serve salsa verde instead! Great easy recipe here from Mama Likes to Cook and all you need with it are some chips.
- Loaded Potato Skins Recipe – Seriously love potato skins. Super filling and you can have toppings on the side so people can add what they like including some salsa, sour cream, or other favorites.
Then when you’re done enjoying a bunch of football party food you can play Football Bingo during your party too and have a blast!!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Football Party Food
- 1 pan
- Line 9×9 pan with non stick foil. Preheat oven to 400 F.
- On a cutting board cut bacon in half lengthwise. Roll 1 smokie into half piece of bacon secured with a toothpick. Set into your pan without overlapping.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of all of them and bake for 20 minutes until bacon is crisped and bubbling. Remove right away and put on to serving tray so they don't stick together.
- Enjoy warm.