Crockpot buffalo chicken sliders are so good! Make low carb lettuce wraps or on small buns as an appetizer or tasty main dinner. Slow Cookers rock.
Need an easy dinner idea with a little kick tonight?? Try our crockpot buffalo chicken sliders! With a creamy sauce, tender chicken and a bit of a kick to it, I am sure your family will rave over these too! Need low carb sliders, try our Crock pot recipes here on The Typical Mom blog. (affiliate links present)
- These spicy chicken wraps are super yummy, and versatile!
Let’s talk a little bit about slow cooking shall we?? First off I have a few different varieties and I love them all. Each one has an occasion to be used like….
- This is my favorite 6 quart programmable one with a locking lid so it’s great for bringing to a potluck too.
- If you just want to serve a few appetizers you should get this one that sit side by side one another.
- I prefer not to use liners, but rather just spray olive oil inside before adding my food for easier cleanups.
Let me give you a peek of my pretty thang I bought recently. It goes with my kitchen so I can just leave it out on the countertop all the time. 😉
If you love Arby’s buffalo chicken slider sandwiches, but you’re looking for a healthier alternative, this is it!
That one is fried and dipped in buffalo sauce topped with parmesan peppercorn ranch.
You can skip the deep frying and let the slow cooker do all the work for you for this chicken recipe.
Why do I love my Instant Pot and Crock pot?? OH let me count the ways. Seriously my oven hasn’t really been on for months. Unless it is to bake a cake or cookies I don’t use that thing for anything anymore!
What used to take hours in the oven to cook a whole chicken now can be just thrown in my slow cooker. It’s fall apart delicious when I return at the end of the day.
Can you leave a slow cooker on while at work?
Of course!! Ignore that wacky This is Us episode, I have never had an issue with doing this. Can slow cookers catch fire?
The possibility of what you saw actually happening in reality is extremely slim. As long as you are using the appliance correctly, you’ll no longer feel any anxiety about leaving your Crock-Pot on while you’re at work or running errands.
- This is how I make this slow cooker buffalo chicken sliders all the time.
Can you put raw meat in a slow cooker?
- I do with chicken all the time. Not with raw ground beef though, that is the only exception. The texture of that turns out to weird I think unless it’s browned first.
From a safety point of view though, assuming you don’t overload your pot and it comes up to safe temperatures (140 F) in less than two hours it is perfectly safe to add raw ground meat in it too. It’s your personal preference.
Crockpot buffalo sliders
- Chicken breasts
- Buffalo wing sauce
- Ranch dressing
- this is how to make your own
- Carrots and celery
- Sour cream
- Blue cheese
- optional, but 1/2 cup is great
- Salt and pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
They’re a great little game day appetizer or meal!
Here are the basic steps you’re going to follow in order to make shredded buffalo chicken:
First get out your pot and spray it with non stick cooking spray, this is what I use.
- Next you’re going to add your boneless, skinless chicken breasts to the bottom.
- Pour buffalo hot sauce and ranch dressing over the top.
- Add any diced celery or other veggies you’d like, carrots are yummy too.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours ideally. If you need high for 4 hours is usually about right to be able to shred with two forks.
- when slow cooking I prefer low over high any day, especially when meat is involved
- When done and chicken is cooked so tender that you can shred the chicken easily, do so.
- Stir so the sauce coats it well.
- In a bowl whisk together other ingredients (except blue cheese), pour this in and mix again. If you want it thinned out, use chicken broth.
- Fold in cheese crumbles and serve as a buffalo chicken sandwich on buns!
Of course you can add more hot sauce and/or ranch to the top when serving.
There are several adjustments you can make so this recipe is perfect for your family.
If you want a mild version then use that type of buffalo sauce vs. hot. Also, you can use less of it and more Ranch instead. I would say this comes out pretty mild but we have made it over the top spicy too which you can see below.
- For Super Bowl one year I amped up the hot sauce and topped out sliders with cole slaw! They were a huge hit.
Some have added some room temperature cream cheese near the end and stirred that in. I haven’t tried that so I cannot attest to it but it sure sounds yummy! Add some shredded cheese into the mix for:
Cheesy buffalo chicken slider
- Try this Crock pot lemon pepper chicken some night too.
- Slow cooker cheesy potatoes are great if you’re serving this and want another dish for brunch.
- Then make Crockpot apple crisp for dessert y’all!
Printable recipe is below, enjoy!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Spray inside of crockpot with non stick spray. Place chicken inside on the bottom with buffalo sauce and ranch dressing poured on top.
- Sprinkle in celery if you'd like to add that and cover. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Chicken should be fall apart tender at this point and using 2 forks just gently shred it and mix together with the sauce so it is well coated.
- Make your dressing by whisking all ingredients other than cheese together, then fold in blue cheese crumbles.
- Serve chicken on buns or inside lettuce leaves with dressing poured on top!