The best appetizers with bacon that are great for super bowl parties, get togethers, or as a side dish. The best recipe for cocktail wieners that’s salty and sweet with brown sugar.
Who doesn’t love appetizers with bacon …..I mean seriously!! Whether you’re going to a potluck, super bowl party, or Christmas party this year there is no food like something wrapped up in bacon…..better yet, put salty and sweet together and combine brown sugar with the bacon for the most delicious appetizer you will ever put into your mouth!! (originally published 4/15)
The best Appetizers with bacon are here
First we will start with this one that you just need 3 ingredients for:
- Bacon (this is the most amazing type of bacon)
- Mini hot dogs (or lil’ smokies sausages are actually the best)
- Brown sugar
- Non stick aluminum foil is helpful too
Seriously that is all you need…..love easy and tasty appetizers!
I cut the entire package of bacon in half so there’s less to roll up.
I use a cutting board and put one half of a piece of bacon down, roll the wiener up into it and put a toothpick on the end that is open on top to keep it from unwrapping.
Then sprinkle brown sugar on the bottom of your pan (I put non stick aluminum foil or parchment paper down first), then line the bacon bites up on top of the sugar and when they are all in then sprinkle more brown sugar on top like this.
Here’s a quick video tutorial showing you how I make them on my YouTube channel.
Now just line them up on a cookie sheet or if you have a lot of them put them in a 9×13 pan so when the sugar boils it will surround the wieners and really soak in. I cook them on 400 for about 20 min. or until bacon looks crisp like this.
Take out and let cool just a bit. cook longer if you do not like the bacon soft at all but it is good a bit soft. Enjoy……and don’t count the calories on this one! 😉
If you are having a Super Bowl party, a holiday get together or just want an amazing snack yourself you have got to try these!
You cannot go wrong with these sweet and salty brown sugar smokies. I make an entire pan full and many times I only leave with half because my husband and kids get to them first!!
The last time I took them to a Christmas potluck it was the first appetizer that was gone and I was asked for the recipe multiple times. They couldn’t believe it was such an easy bacon appetizer and really inexpensive too!
The best appetizers with bacon are here!
Appetizers with Bacon
- 2 pkg smokies or cocktail weiners but smokies are better
- 2 pkg bacon cut in half
- 2 c brown sugar
- Cut your entire package of bacon in half.
- Use a cutting board and place your 1/2 piece of bacon down with 1 smokie at one end and wrap it all the way up until it is wrapped up in the bacon, use a toothpick to secure bacon end.
- Use non stick foil to line a 9x13 pan, then sprinkle 1 cup of brown sugar on the bottom.
- With each smokie wrapped in bacon and secured with a toothpick put them inside your pan with the toothpick facing up.
- When all smokies are wrapped in bacon and placed inside your pan preheat your oven to 400 and sprinkle your 2nd cup of brown sugar over the top of all your bacon wrapped weiners.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until bacon is cooked to desired crispness and brown sugar is bubbling.
- Take out and put them on a plate to serve or leave in the pan for a bit to soak up more of the cooling sugar, then serve.
- Can half this recipe and bake in an 8x8 pan if desired.
For more amazing appetizers with bacon ideas try:
For more easy recipes and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook, sign up for my newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest!