Bacon bites recipe perfect for a party or during the holidays!! Try this sweet and savory bacon bacon pineapple appetizer that’s so easy to make yourself!
Everything is better with bacon right. Of course it is! When you have a get together, football party, or you are thinking of appetizers for the holidays I always think bacon!! Here is a great bacon bites recipe that is easy to make and has a great sweet n savory flavor that even kids go wild for.
They not only taste devine but look pretty too. You only need 4 ingredients to make these bacon bombs I call them.
- Bbq sauce
- Grape jelly (really!)
- Pineapple chunks
- Bacon – I like the maple flavored bacon personally but choose whichever you like as far as that goes.
- You can use fresh pineapple and cut into chunks which is heavenly or just use the canned version which is totally fine.
Then get to rolling…..
First start by spraying your baking sheet, then preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place a slice of bacon down and roll the piece of pineapple up into it.
- Put a toothpick in if you desire or wait until they are cooked and put them on the side. Do as many as you want or until the pan is full.
Mix your sauce together which is just 1 tbs. barbeque sauce and 1 tbs. grape jelly. If you want lots of sauce just use this same ratio of 1 to 1 bbq sauce and jelly.
Time needed: 40 minutes.
Cut bacon slices in half, I just cut the whole package in half and peel back the plastic.
One at a time put one piece of chunk pineapple inside the half piece of bacon and wrap up. Secure each one with a toothpick so it stays together tightly.
Do this until all bacon is gone and wrapped on pcs. of pineapple.
Arrange them on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
Whisk together your grape jelly and bbq sauce. Use a bbq brush to brush this mixture on top of each piece of wrapped bacon.
Put into preheated oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until bacon is as crisp as you’d like it to be. Remove and serve on a serving tray.
Once they are done you can serve more sauce on the side for dipping if you want….warm it first and it is the best bacon appetizer ever!
- Here are other great bacon recipes like air fryer bacon smokies and more that are to die for as well!
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Bacon Bites Recipe
- Cut bacon slices in half, just cut the whole package in half.
- Put one piece of chunk pineapple inside the 1/2 pcs. of bacon and wrap up, secure with a toothpick.
- Do this until all bacon is gone and wrapped on pcs. of pineapple.
- Arrange them on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
- Whisk together your grape jelly and bbq sauce. Use a bbq brush to brush this mixture – or spoon it – on top of each piece of wrapped bacon.
- Put into preheated oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until bacon is as crisp as you’d like it.
- Remove and serve on a serving tray.