Shrimp deviled eggs are the best appetizer with hard boiled eggs for Easter or a party with friends. So pretty served with our chicken deviled eggs for brunch too.
If you want to change things up for the holidays you should try making shrimp deviled eggs this year. A fun seafood twist to the traditional method, but still has the great flavors you love. Just defrost your precooked shrimp and have your hard boiled eggs ready to make these for a crowd. (affiliate links present)
Cajun Shrimp Deviled Eggs
You can even add some heat into the mix if you want it to be kinda’ spicy. Leave alone for a mild but super flavorful bite. I start this whole process by making “regular” deviled eggs with cooked yolks. The easiest method is to use our Ninja Foodi hard boiled eggs instructions and cool them in a bowl of ice water.
The shells will slide right off that way and then you’re set to continue. Pop the yolks right out when they’re cooled and with a fork break them up so it’s kinda’ like sand consistency. You could use a food processor for the mixing stage but honestly that is just one more thing you’d have to clean.
Deviled Eggs with Shrimp
If you don’t have an Instant Pot you could either do the “old fashioned” method of boiling, make air fryer eggs, or this is how to make hard boiled eggs in the oven. That part I’m sure you already understand how to do, you’re just here for the amount of this and that for the filling I am sure.
You are going to need:
- Mayonnaise and Mustard
- Salt and pepper, could add dill if you like that flavor
- Defrosted mini shrimp (usually found frozen in a bag)
- or make crab deviled eggs this same way
- Use dry Sriracha if you want to make them spicy
You can set them on a plate or if you don’t have an egg plate I would highly suggest it. There are divots on it so the whites don’t slide all around. You can leave them plain white like this or make dyed deviled eggs if it is holiday time.
You can choose to add diced pieces into the mix AND one whole one on the top, or just one out of the two. I say the more the merrier so I do both for sure. The great thing about this egg appetizer is that you can pretty much prep it ahead of time, at least the day before.
How do You Fill Deviled Eggs Neatly
This is how you would do that; Cook your eggs, cool them, and peel as you normally would. Make your filling (without the seafood inside) and spoon it into a pint size freezer bag. Suck all the air out and zip it tight. Store empty egg whites in another freezer bag. Take out the frozen shrimp. Put all 3 bags in the fridge for the next day.
Then to prep put whites on your egg plate. Cut the corner off of the filling bag. Squeeze into holes to fill and set a defrosted shrimp on the top of each one. I say don’t mix it inside if you do this because the texture kinda’ changes if you don’t make them right away.
Seafood Deviled Eggs
This is how you are going to make them in a quick step by step, more detailed info. at the bottom in the printable recipe card:
- Cook eggs in oven or otherwise to get yolks hard, cool in cold water and peel. Cut eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks into a bowl. Set empty whites with holes facing up on to a plate.
- Smash cooked egg yolks with a fork into crumbs. In your bowl stir in mayonnaise and mustard to mashed yolks, adjust if you want more “wetness” with a bit more mayo if desired. Sprinkle with salt and pepper (maybe some dill) taste and adjust until just right.
- Pour 1/4 c. of mini shrimp on to paper towels and pat to remove moisture on the outside of them. Chop them into small bits, fold into egg mixture.
- Fill your hollow eggs. One way to do this is to spoon mixture into a pint freezer bag and then snip corner off. Squeeze into empty egg whites until filling is gone.
Garnish this favorite finger food with a whole piece of cold seafood, how to cook frozen raw shrimp with seasonings or diced green onions if you like. Takes less than 30 minutes to get it all done. I prefer to keep them in the fridge, done, for about an hour to get really chilly though.
Different Deviled Egg Recipes
If you’re looking for another winner you can integrate other favorite flavors into the middle mixture. Try diced crab, bacon, etc… A third winner to pair with these would be bacon wrapped smokies with brown sugar.
Salad Shrimp Recipe
Nutrition facts like saturated fat and calories listed below. Those will vary slightly depending on how large your eggs are and what type slightly. If you love deviled eggs these are killer tweaks on the original you know and love.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Shrimp Deviled Eggs
- Once hard boiled eggs are cooled, slice in half lengthwise and pop out yolks into a bowl. Set empty whites with holes facing up on to a plate.
- Use the back of a fork to smash yolks into crumbs. Add mayo and mustard, adjust if you want more "wetness" with a bit more mayo if desired. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, taste and adjust until just right.
- Pour 1/4 c. of mini shrimp on to paper towels and pat to remove moisture on the outside of them. Chop into smaller bits and fold into egg mixture.
- Fill eggs; easy way is to spoon mixture into a pint freezer bag and then snip corner off. Squeeze into empty egg whites until filling is gone.
- Place one mini shrimp on top of each egg and serve.