Have you had these cream cheese pinwheels at a party, or made them yourself? They are SO good, yet so easy to do. You can really customize them how you like but the important parts are chicken and cream cheese, I mean how can you go wrong with that! I’m not a big fan of spicy but a bit is really good in these using diced up chilies. They’re a perfect appetizer for just about any occasion and inexpensive to make as well. Here’s the recipe.
If you want a quick appetizer just grab a rotisserie chicken at the store and skip the cooking all together. I love the flavor they bring to recipes anyway so that’s the best choice but cooking a few chicken breasts is allowed too. 😉 As I said you can use as many diced green chilies as you’d like or just buy a can where they are already finely cut into pieces.
Once you have everything you just mix it all together and pile it on your tortilla. Depending on how thick you want the filling you can make a thin or thicker layer on top, then roll up and slice it. Arrange them on a pretty platter and you’re set. They look really pretty served as an appetizer and they are FULL of great flavors everyone loves. Here’s the recipe.
Cream cheese pinwheels
- 3 cups Shredded Chicken (Rotisserie chicken is great)
- 1- 8oz bag Shredded Mexican Cheese
- ½ Packet Taco Seasoning
- 4-5 Burrito Sized Tortillas
- 6-8 Green Onions (Chopped) * optional
- ½ Can Petite diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1- 8 oz block cream cheese (softened)
- Add cream cheese, shredded chicken, shredded cheese, ½ packet taco seasoning, diced tomatoes with green chilies, and green onions into a mixing bowl. Mix well. Spread some mixture over the entire tortilla, then Roll-up tightly. Continue to do this until all mixture is gone. Individuality wrap them in Saran wrap and refrigerate for about an hour. (This makes them easier to cut).Remove from fridge and cut each roll-up into 10-12 slices. Now, they are ready to be served or stored in an airtight container.
If you’re throwing a party for New Years or otherwise you’ve got to try this recipe! Paired with something like this baked brie with apples and honey and everyone will just be in heaven.
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉