We have 2 easy pressure cooker cheese fondue recipes to try with our Instant Pot beer bread! The perfect appetizer or side dish when you want something delicious and fast. You just need a few ingredients to make this thick cheesy dip that can be mild or as spicy as you want. Wonderful either way.
If you’ve ever been to the Melting Pot or another restaurant where they serve cheese and chocolate fondue you know how delicious it is!! With yummy chunks of bread for dipping it can almost become an entire meal if you ask me….so I decided to make some “cheater” pressure cooker cheese fondue the other night. It was so yummy and the kids thought it was “so cool” too. This and over 100 other Instant Pot recipes are shared on The Typical Mom, we hope you love this one too. 😉
Why do I call this cheater fondue, well because it’s super simple. I also have a copycat Melting Pot cheese fondue recipe you can try but that has beer in it so I thought I would share both recipes and give you a choice.
Once again I used what I had at home and it came out great! I just finished making my Instant Pot beer bread and that was cooling so it was the perfect time to make some warm cheese dip to pair with it.
I like a little spice to things but not like my mouth is on fire so adjust the spicy level to your comfort on this pressure cooker cheese fondue recipe. This first recipe uses cheddar cheese soup in the can and amping it up to make it yummier with spices, chiles, and a bit of hot sauce.
I plan to make other Instant Pot dips but started with an easy peasy one because quite frankly I like quick and easy recipes in my pocket I can make when people stop over unexpectedly…then I know I can whip something together that will impress them. 😉
If you aren’t a big fan of beer don’t worry, the bread doesn’t taste like that. It really has a wonderful flavor and with the added cheese and chiles it is the perfect pairing with our easy cheese dip here.
This is what you’ll need to make the 1st easy pressure cooker cheese fondue
- Glass bowl – I use the middle size in this set to fit inside my 6 qt. Instant Pot
- Cheddar cheese soup – this is what I use
- Diced chiles – we use mild but you could use hot
- Chili powder
- Garlic salt
- Seasoned salt – we use Lawry’s
- Heavy cream
- Milk – can use all milk if you want it thinner
- Hot sauce – optional
Pressure Cooker Cheese Fondue
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can chiles diced, 4 oz.
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt we used Lawry's
- 1/2 tsp chili powder or more depending on your preference
- 1/4 c heavy cream
- 1/4 c milk or more if you want to thin it out
- 1-2 sprinkles hot sauce optional
- 1/2 c cheddar cheese optional to add this but sharp is good, shredded
- In a glass bowl mix together all of your ingredients. Taste to see if you want to add more heat or salt.
- Cover bowl with tinfoil and put a trivet inside your pressure cooker.
- Pour 2 c of water into your pressure cooker and lower your bowl on to the trivet. (use a foil sling to do so)
- Set to pressure, high for 4 minutes.
- Do a quick release, lift out and enjoy with cut up bread, baguette, or use the recipe for my beer bread.
Here is our recipe for the 2nd pressure cooker cheese fondue we’ve made with beer!
Copycat Melting Pot fondue it is always a hit.
Ingredients (can cut in half if you just want a little)
- 1 c. beer
- 3 tsp dry mustard
- 16 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese – can use a combination of Swiss and cheddar if desired
- 4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp flour
- Use the same method as above as far as using a glass bowl, placed on a trivet and covering with foil
- Add beer, mustard, W. sauce into bowl and stir
- Put flour into small dish and toss shredded cheese into it until cheese is coated
- Add half of your cheese into your glass bowl with other ingredients and stir well
- Cover bowl with foil
- Put trivet into pressure cooker with 2 c. water in the bottom
- Lower glass bowl on to the trivet
- Turn Instant Pot to pressure, high, for 4 minutes
- Do a quick release
- Lift bowl out and add remainder of cheese, stir until all cheese is melted
- Serve (can add a bit more beer if you want it thinner)
The third and most known cheese fondue style dip is the famous queso dip made with velveeta and rotel that you can make too, just follow the 4 minute timing as above if you’re making it in your Instant Pot.
When you’re done enjoying this you should try a few other pressure cooker recipes that are similar to this one:
- Instant Pot nacho soup
- Instant Pot cheeseburger macaroni
- For more goodness try the best hot dip recipes too
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉