Easy Instant Pot nacho soup with ground beef recipe is spicy and full of flavor! If you love nachos you’ve got to try this pressure cooker cheesy soup for dinner.
I’m all about cheese and a bit of spice, so how could you go wrong with Fiesta Instant Pot nacho soup I thought. It turned out delicious!! It is definitely one of my favorite soup Instant Pot recipes on cold evenings as well as during a Super Bowl party! (affiliate links present)
Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup
So I had never had nacho soup before but heard about it in passing and thought it had to be my next pressure cooker soup! You can change it up quite a bit to your liking. Use Jimmy Dean spicy ground sausage to make it really spicy, ground beef for a milder meal or ground turkey is lower in fat.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox.
And be automatically signed up for our free newsletter too!
Served as a meal is great with a side of bread but this is also a fun dip for soft pretzels if you make it a bit thicker. Either way you can add diced chiles or jalapenos for more flare and heat, or leave as is. Both are delicious.
If you are new to pressure cooking we have a lot of easy one pot meal recipes for you here. To begin with let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have (a 6 quart) and use for all recipe creations.
Ninja Foodi Nacho Soup
Serve it with a bowl of scoop tortilla chips on the side or as is or with some soft rolls too. At first I grabbed cheddar cheese soup to use as the base but found Campbells fiesta nacho cheese soup right next to that! I thought that would even be better!
I do think that added a bit more spice and nacho like flavor but if you couldn’t find that a can of condensed cheddar cheese soup would do just as well. Just in case you need tips on how to thaw out your Instant Pot ground beef because you forgot to take it out the night before it’s here.
Pressure Cooker Nacho Soup
- Fiesta nacho cheese condensed soup – can use cheddar cheese condensed soup too as an alternative, if you want heat add 1/2 finely diced jalapeno
- Petite diced tomatoes – I like the smaller version but either way really
Diced chiles – use any heat level, I use medium and it’s perfect but if you don’t want much spice use mild
Nacho Soup Instant Pot
Milk – 2% works best to make it a bit thicker, fat free works too if that is what you have Cheddar cheese is a must of course – sharp is best if you ask me. The fiesta nacho cheese soup isn’t as yellow as the “regular” version so the color at the end looks like this.
- Ground beef – this is how to thaw Instant Pot frozen ground beef in case you forgot to take it out the night before.
- Taco seasoning – 1 packet or you can make your own and use 1 oz.
- Onion – can omit if desired
I don’t drain the diced tomatoes either so that lends itself to a bit of a reddish tint. When I brown the meat with my diced onions I don’t bother to drain the grease. That part it is up to you and you, can drain it if you wish.
I tend to buy low fat beef so there isn’t much grease left. What little there is lends to added flavor in my opinion so I choose not to. I follow this same method when making my Instant Pot spaghetti too…but like any recipe do what you choose. It turns out really beefy and filling, with a side of chips it fed the 5 of us well.
Instant Pot nacho soup
Of course all of the recipes I make on The Typical Mom are simple….that’s just the way I roll. I now use it several times a week to make Instant Pot dinner recipes in less than 20 minutes.
This is one of our favorite Instant Pot soups, so once you’re done trying this you should try these other easy pressure cooker recipes too:
- Pressure cooker cheesy chicken spaghetti is so good I tell you
- Instant Pot cheeseburger macaroni is a favorite amongst kids
- Cheesy Pressure cooker broccoli cheese soup uses fresh florets
Nacho cheese soup recipe
Serve with our air fryer garlic bread and enjoy friends!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Instant Pot Nacho Soup
- 1 can condensed fiesta nacho cheese soup or cheddar cheese soup, 10 3/4 oz.
- 1 lb ground beef could use spicy ground sausage for a TON of flavor and spice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning 1 oz.
- 1 can chiles diced, canned, 4 oz.
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes 14.5 oz.
- 1.5 c milk 2% is best
- 2 c cheddar cheese shredded, sharp is best
- 1 small onion diced
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute.
- Add your olive oil and ground beef and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add your diced onion and continue cooking until most of pink in beef is gone and onions have softened slightly. Turn your Instant Pot off (important step so it can cool and doesn’t display burn message later).
- In a bowl whisk together your cheese soup and milk until creamy.
- Add soup mixture.
- Add all other ingredients (except your shredded cheese) into your pot and stir until mixed well.
- Put your lid on and push the soup button, normal setting, for 10 minutes.
- Do a slow release and lift lid carefully.
- Stir in 1.5 c. shredded cheddar cheese until melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips on the side, top with additional cheese and chives if desired.