This is how easy it is to make cheesy Instant Pot beer bread. If you’ve ever had this flavorful bread paired with dip or cheese fondue you know how yummy it is! Just 3 ingredients is all you need to make this easy pressure cooker bread that needs no yeast or time to rise. It’s a great appetizer when friends come over.
Even if you don’t drink beer (me) you will love this Instant Pot beer bread recipe. If you’ve never had beer bread it is a dense bread that is perfect paired with a variety of dips, cheese fondue, and seriously the best appetizer ever during the holidays. Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas are not the same without serving the best beer bread recipe with cheese, herb, artichoke, or other dips of some kind on the side. I had always made it in the oven but this year I made this popular pressure cooker bread in my favorite “fancy” machine and it was one less thing I had to keep an eye on + I didn’t have to heat up my whole house to bake it. Win! One of the best side dish / appetizer Instant Pot recipes we have here!
Unlike a traditional loaf of bread or sweet bread, beer bread is dense like you see here. Whether you make Instant Pot beer bread or throw it in the oven that is the consistency which makes it perfect for dipping.
Just cut it up into small chunks big enough to pop into your mouth after smothering it with something like our pressure cooker fondue (click picture for recipe), beer cheese dip recipe or another one of the best hot dip recipes and I guarantee everyone will ask you how you made it.
You know what’s great other than it is so yummy, there are only 3 ingredients for this basic beer bread!! Adding cheese and chiles makes it a total of 5 but seriously that is so easy…and I always have what I need on hand so it is a quick pressure cooker appetizer I can throw together and is always a huge hit.
I like breads that don’t require time to rise or the need for me to use dry yeast.
The self rising flour is all you need and it works great to rise just enough, but if you’ve had beer bread you know that it is not fluffy….but perfect for dipping!
This is what you’ll need to make our Instant Pot beer bread recipe
- 1 bottle or can of beer – the darker the beer the darker the color of the bread and deeper the flavor, I prefer light colored beer
- Self rising flour
- Add ins
- Cheddar cheese
- Diced chives
- Diced jalapeno
- Bacon bits
Serve your beer bread cut up into bite size pieces with one (or all) of these dips on the side = the best appetizer ever!
- Pressure cooker cheese fondue
- Beer cheese dip recipe
- Cold spinach dip
- Caramelized onion dip with bacon
- Cheeseburger dip
- Taco dip with ground beef
- Whipped artichoke feta dip
- 40 more on the best hot dip recipes post
Here’s how we made it:
Instant Pot Beer Bread
- 1 bottle beer
- 3 c self rising flour do not scoop, spoon into measuring cup to aerate
- 2 tbsp butter salted, melted
- 1 can diced chiles optional, 4 oz.
- 1/2 c cheddar cheese optional, shredded
- Measure out 3 cups flour, make sure you spoon your flour into measuring cup instead of scooping up.
- In a bowl pour your bottle or can of beer in with your flour and mix gently allowing it to stay lumpy.
- Pour in your melted butter and any other add ins and gently fold in.
- Spray your 6" bundt pan with non stick spray and pour beer bread mixture in it.
- Cover with a paper towel and then tinfoil.
- Pour 2 c water into your Instant Pot or pressure cooker and put a trivet inside.
- Lower your bundt pan on to your trivet and close your lid, and close steam valve.
- Set to pressure, high, for 65 minutes.
- Allow steam to naturally release.
- Uncover and put on cooling rack. It will still look a bit sticky but will continue to cook as it cools so don't worry.
- Once cool loosen edges and slowly flip on to plate or cutting board. If serving with dip or cheese fondue (recommended), flip over on to a cutting board and cut into small bite size pieces and serve on a tray with a variety of dips!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉