This is how to make an amazing appetizer using this pressure cooker frozen meatballs method. Sweet and spicy meatballs cooked in no time in your Instant Pot.
This Instant Pot pressure cooker frozen meatballs appetizer fantastic! Ok so if you have followed The Typical Mom at all you know I am kinda’ known for my easy Instant Pot recipes. (originally published 7/18, affiliate links present)
You’ve gotta’ make these grape jelly meatballs (or other version) in your Instant Pot today.
Talk about a killer, but cheap, appetizer. OR defrost them and throw them into spaghetti for dinner. You can make these in your Ninja Foodi too.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this —–> Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
You may have tried these before in your slow cooker, BUT have you made them in just 6 minutes??
Perfect when company shows up unexpectedly because you can have everything on hand and whip it all together.
Instant Pot frozen meatballs
Like spice?? Add a bit of Sriracha to add some heat! This part is totally up to you but either way they’re amazing.
I use my fancy pressure cooker almost daily to make meals, but using it to prepare for a party is great because then you have less time in the kitchen and more time to relax yourself.
Instant Pot grape jelly meatballs
Just cook these pressure cooker meatballs until tender, transfer them to a bowl, then move on to your next creation like our pressure cooker chicken sliders.
You could literally have multiple appetizers done in under an hour….and people will think you cooked all day. 😉
Of course you can make fresh meatballs and they would take half the amount of time listed here but we are going for EASY here, this is what you do.
I have 2 different pressure cooker frozen meatballs appetizer recipes, the ingredients for the first one are here (video shows this method):
Pressure cooker grape jelly meatballs
Heat isn’t necessary but I like it even though I am not a spicy food lover.
Here is a quick rundown but there is also a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs
- Combine ingredients
Add grape jelly, water, chili sauce and sriracha to your Instant Pot
Whisk together until smooth and then dump in your frozen meatballs. Mix so sauce is coating all meatballs
Close lid and steam valve. Set to pressure high for 5 minutes. Quick release, Serve! As an appetizer just set some toothpicks next to your pot and you’re done.
There is a second option below using orange flavors instead of grape, choose either one. They have both been a hit at Super Bowl football parties we’ve thrown.
This is it y’all! If you don’t want to add a sauce and just want to add them into a pot of Instant Pot spaghetti then omit that. Instead follow our Instant Pot meatballs recipe. All you need is a basket and water.
OR make frozen meatballs in air fryer in no time at all.
Essentially you’ll be steaming them instead of cooking in a sauce. Both are huge time savers for sure.
This is essentially the same thing as “cooking them”. Follow these instructions by heating in a sauce or steamed with some water in the bottom.
The second pressure cooker frozen meatballs recipe uses the following ingredients and recipe is in recipe card below:
Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs
- 1 bag frozen meatballs (could use beef or turkey)
- or make homemade meatballs and freeze them yourself beforehand
- Orange marmelade jam
- Brown sugar
- Apple cider vinegar
- Barbecue sauce – we like this one, don’t choose plain honey variety as it may trigger burn message on Instant Pot
Sriracha – if you want a bit more spice
If you’re looking for other Instant Pot appetizers, try these:
- Instant Pot Dr Pepper barbecue meatballs or Instant Pot porcupine meatballs are great.
- This Instant Pot pulled pork recipe is heavenly on slider buns
- Instant Pot beer bread
- Appetizer Instant Pot cocktail wiener recipe
If you need timing for cooking frozen whole chicken in the Instant Pot we have that to help you too. 😉
- I HIGHLY suggest you get a non stick pot too!
Instant Pot frozen meatball appetizer
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Pressure Cooker Frozen Meatballs
- Combine sauce ingredients and water into a bowl and mix.
- Add half of this mixture into pressure cooker, then frozen meatballs, then remaining sauce.
- Gently toss meatballs so they are all coated.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to manual, high, for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick release and serve with toothpicks on the side to lift them out, great appetizer.