This is how to make an amazing appetizer using this pressure cooker frozen meatballs method. Sweet and spicy meatballs cooked in no time in your Instant Pot.
Ok so if you have followed The Typical Mom at all you know I am kinda’ known for my easy Instant Pot recipes and this pressure cooker frozen meatballs appetizer is no exception! You may have tried these grape jelly meatballs in your crockpot and know just how amazing they are BUT have you made them in just 6 minutes before?? Perfect when company shows up unexpectedly because you can have everything on hand and whip it all together.
This is all you need, literally a dump together snack that’s packed with protein and full of flavor for sure.
Add a bit of Sriracha to add some heat!
Totally up to you….
I use my fancy pressure cooker almost daily to make meals, but using it to prepare for a party is great because then you have less time in the kitchen and more time to relax yourself.
Just cook these pressure cooker frozen meatballs until tender, transfer them to a bowl, then move on to your next creation like our pressure cooker chicken sliders and you could literally have multiple appetizers done in under an hour….and people will think you cooked all day. 😉
Of course you can make fresh meatballs and they would take half the amount of time listed here but we are going for EASY here, this is what you do.
I have 2 different pressure cooker frozen meatballs appetizer recipes, the ingredients for the first one are here (video shows this method):
You might call these Instant Pot grape jelly meatballs
- Add grape jelly, water, chili sauce and sriracha to your Instant Pot
- Whisk together until smooth
- Dump in your frozen meatballs
- Mix so sauce is coating all meatballs
- Close lid and steam valve
- Set to pressure high for 5 minutes
- Quick release
The second pressure cooker frozen meatballs recipe uses the following ingredients and recipe is in recipe card below:
- 1 bag frozen meatballs (could use beef or turkey)
- Orange marmelade jam
- Brown sugar
- Apple cider vinegar
- Barbecue sauce – we like this one, don’t choose plain honey variety as it may trigger burn message on Instant Pot
- Sriracha – if you want a bit more spice
If you’re looking for other Instant Pot appetizers, try these:
- Instant Pot Dr Pepper barbecue meatballs
- This Instant Pot pulled pork recipe is heavenly on slider buns
- Instant Pot beer bread
- Instant Pot cocktail wiener recipe
If you need timing for cooking frozen whole chicken in the Instant Pot we have that to help you too. 😉
Here’s the printable directions for our second Instant Pot frozen meatball appetizer
Pressure Cooker Frozen Meatballs
- 24 oz frozen meatballs
- 1/3 c orange marmelade jam
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 c barbecue sauce we chose sweet and spicy, try to avoid just honey style as it may trigger burn message
- 1/2 c water
- 1-3 tbsp Sriracha optional, for heat
- Combine sauce ingredients and water into a bowl and mix.
- Add half of this mixture into pressure cooker, then frozen meatballs, then remaining sauce.
- Gently toss meatballs so they are all coated.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to manual, high, for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick release and serve with toothpicks on the side to lift them out, great appetizer.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉