This totally loaded tuna macaroni salad recipe is the perfect side dish for any barbecue! It’s easy to throw together and a great to bring to a potluck or served year round with hamburgers. Take a peek at the secret ingredient that we add to make it over the top delicious!
When it warms up and becomes BBQ season I’m ready to throw together some delicious side dishes like this tuna macaroni salad recipe. Now you can simplify it all you want but we like ours totally loaded up with ingredients, and it’s just Ahhhhhhmazing!! It is the perfect cold pasta salad to serve along side burgers or sandwiches at a barbecue during the summertime or have it for lunch too (I’ve done that). If you love tuna as much as we do you will love this recipe! (originally published 5/16)
I know….I’d love a bowl right now with nothing else (and yes it has become my lunch if we ever have leftovers).
Whether you make it as a side dish or a meal all in itself it’s an amazing tuna macaroni salad recipe.
We have taken this to friends’ houses when we’ve been invited over for a potluck and everyone thinks it is amazing. Honestly it is something I just came up with using ingredients I really liked and I had in my house already and it made for a great side dish for the BBQ we had today.
It’s actually really easy to throw together and typically I have all the ingredients at home which makes it even easier. When it comes to side dishes I don’t want to have to go to the store or try to find some unusual ingredient, I’m a Mom and busy so let’s keep things easy shall we. 😉 Of course you can add even more items or omit those you don’t like but here is how you make this totally loaded tuna pasta salad recipe.
This is what you need to make this Tuna Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Tuna – I like in water, chunk tuna is the only way to go
- Bowtie or macaroni noodles
- Hard boiled eggs – here’s an easy way to make Instant Pot hard boiled eggs
- Black olives
- Pickles – you MUST add these, the secret ingredient to making it the best tuna salad (best to cut whole pickles in larger chunks than using relish)
It is an easy cold pasta salad to throw together that is a bit different but everyone says it’s super delicious (even those who typically don’t care for tuna)!
Load it up with whatever you have, the more ingredients the better! If you love our totally loaded tuna pasta salad recipe here you will love our easy baked brie recipe too…perfect appetizer for a BBQ or when you have guests over!
If you’re having a potluck or you need other barbecue side dish recipes here are a few more:
- Broccoli salad makes a great addition to get togethers
- Seafood salad is something different to bring to a potluck
- Easy cole slaw recipe – there’s a Hawaiian version too
- Creamy pasta salad is a bit different without the tuna for the non meat lovers
Here’s the printable recipe you will need:
Totally loaded tuna pasta salad
- Boil noodles and drain when they are cooked (slightly al dente).
- Run cool water over noodles to cool them down. Dice your 3 hard boiled eggs, 1-2 dill pickles, olives and flake your tuna. Add your ingredients to your noodles and gently toss.
- Add your mayonnaise and fold into tuna pasta mixture. Add 1-2 tbsp. dill pickle juice (depending on how "dilly" you want it).
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hrs and serve. Keeps well for a day or two after too and makes for a great lunch!!
For more easy recipes, tips and crafts please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉