Frozen onion rings in air fryer turn out so crispy and delicious! Making Ninja Foodi onion rings as a side dish is our jam, I bet you’ll love them too.
Frozen onion rings in air fryer is another game changer for us! They’re pretty good baked in the oven BUT they taste like they’re from a restaurant this way. You’ve got to try this easy air fryer recipe tonight.
The question is: can you cook frozen onion rings in an air fryer? Yes! We’ll show you how.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
We used the best frozen onion rings brand this time, of course there are many on the market.
You will probably have a choice in the frozen food section of your local grocery store. Here is a list of the best brands out there according to a recent poll:
Who makes the best onion rings?
- Alexia Foods onion rings are the best….what we used here
- Heinz Ore Ida has some too that are deemed to be second best
- McCain golden crisp rings are great
- Fishery natural battered onion rings
- Simplot ale rings round out the list
What you need to make air fryer frozen onion rings:
- Bag of frozen rings
- Air fryer basket
- That is it y’all!! 😉
- Ok and if you want dipping sauce of any kind you can grab that
As we always do when cooking frozen food in an air fryer, this one is no different. Go ahead and preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F. for 5 minutes. This is important so it’s the same temp. the entire time they’re crisping, and they’ll finish in less than 5 minutes!
- How long do you cook frozen onion rings? I will start by saying, timing will vary slightly.
- For this brand 4-5 minutes was perfect.
- If yours are thicker and larger in size it may be closer to 6-8 minutes total.
- I didn’t find a need to shake the basket halfway thru, just ensure there is only one layer and they are NOT overlapping.
If you cook frozen onion rings in an oven you will need about 18 minutes to get them crisp. They get MUCH crispier in an electric air fryer though!
We will never ever bake them again after making them this way. Same goes for air fryer chicken nuggets, they’re so much better! Air fryer benefits are endless. Less fat with no oil needed but the same crunch as deep fried.
After you make these you’ll want to make ALL THE THINGS from your freezer in it!!
- Start with making a few frozen mozzarella sticks in air fryer in it. These and air fryer frozen taquitos will crunch just like at a restaurant.
- Then go on to make some frozen pizza in an air fryer, even your kids can do that.
- Even frozen chicken tenders in air fryer turn out better than in the microwave.
What should you serve with air fryer onion rings?
- Air fryer ribs and frozen egg rolls in air fryer is something you should try.
- If you love seafood, everyone loves our air fryer shrimp recipe here.
Looking for more like this? Sign up for The Typical Mom newsletter here so you get more easy recipes like this weekly.
Frozen Onion Rings in Air Fryer
- 1 bag onion rings frozen
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Add 1 layer of frozen onion rings into your air fryer basket (do not overlap) and cook for 4 minutes.
- Check at this time, if they're thick you may need more time. Add 2 minutes at a time until they're crispy on the outside and warm in the middle of each one. Enjoy immediately.