Frozen pizza in air fryer or Ninja Foodi works great! Crispy crust with melted cheese and pepperoni on top, it will become your new favorite method.
Frozen pizza in air fryer is a great new way to cook your favorite snack food! Want crispy crust and melted cheese without turning the oven on? Skip the microwave and try our new air fryer recipe. (affiliate links present, originally published 2/20)
Air Fryer Frozen Pizza
We have made all sorts of fun and frozen things in our hot air machine. We started with frozen pizza rolls in the air fryer and then went on to a bigger pie. You’ll love both of these, quick meals are sometimes a must on busy days. Now even your teens can make their own after school snack themselves.
I mean everyone kinda’ knows how to cook a frozen pizza in the oven but this little baby is a bit different. It is smaller and although the temperature may be the same the timing isn’t. The key is to get the center warmed, cheese melted, and the crust crunchy.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- This is the best air fryer cookbook. It’s important to know and remember how to preheat air fryer for best results.
- Here’s a printable free air fryer cooking time chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page below where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love.
Air fryer pizza
We started this journey with homemade air fryer pizza. Using homemade and then boxed dough where we just added water it was good, but more time consuming for sure. Then my kids got to thinking and we kept on going from there…..
Then we made tortilla pizzas in there and oh my were those a treat. The key to cooking frozen frozen pizza is to set it to a lower temperature so the cheese melts but doesn’t take so long that the crust burns. That’s NO good. I had to test this one out a few times to get it just right.
Timing will vary slightly depending on how thick your crust it, but not much. Should I thaw frozen pizza before baking? Nope, it is meant to go straight from the freezer into the oven or this machine.
Ninja Foodi Frozen Pizza
I always start with looking at our air fryer cook times chart first when I am cooking something new like our air fryer grilled cheese and this.
It may not have the exact temperature and time I need but I can base it off something similar like how long the dough took to make our baked brie and go from there.
Red Baron Pizza Air Fryer
There are lots of brands out there but this is probably the most common and cheapest too. My kids love them because the crusts are thicker and there are several topping choices.
What is the best frozen pizza brand?
- Whole Foods 365 Thin Crust Pepperoni Pizza
- Amy’s Cheese Pizza
- Tombstone 5 Cheese Pizza
- Newman’s Own Thin & Crispy Uncured Pepperoni Pizza
- if you can find uncured meats on top that is the BEST
- Amy’s BBQ Pizza
Now keep in mind these don’t always offer a personal pizza size. Digiorno has one that is a bit larger than this one which is good too. Keep in mind how large your air fryer basket is when choosing.
How do I cook frozen pizza?
Of course you can pop it into the oven, or if there’s a crisping sleeve included you may have put it into the microwave in the past.
- STOP collaborate and listen!! (if you’re my age you will know the reference to this immediately) 😉
THESE frozen pizza in air fryer instructions are easy and may change the way you cook this favorite snack food forever.
- Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees for 5 minutes
- Unwrap your pizza and place it into your basket
- Close the drawer
- or close your air crisp lid with the Ninja Foodi
- Set time to 5 minutes and then check
If you want it crispier or meltier set for an additional minute and continue to check until it is exactly how you want it.
Should I thaw frozen pizza before baking?
NO! It is meant to go from frozen into your heat source immediately after taking the plastic wrap off the outside. Thawing it will alter the texture of the crust mostly and believe me you won’t like it.
Frozen pizza in an air fryer
- Air fryer oven
- Mini pizzas that are frozen
You do not need cooking spray for the food but could spray a bit into the basket. I didn’t have anything bubble over so it’s not really necessary for this.
Not only do I think this is an energy saver vs. using your oven but with time to preheat and everything they are done in under 15 minutes, so it’s faster. Want to make more of a semi homemade air fryer pizza?? I have a recipe for that too!!
- Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees. When done add frozen personal pizza and close.
- Air fry for 5 minutes, check and if you want top more browned add 1 more minute.
Next on our list was to share how to reheat pizza in air fryer and we share that with you here now!
- Want to make some frozen pot pies in air fryer too?? They too are WAY better in this nifty crisping kitchen appliance.
After you love this, here are a few other pizza recipes:
- We have made Instant Pot pizza and that was fun, but it won’t be crispy.
- Smoked pizza is fun to cook.
- Crockpot pizza is another one to try together.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Frozen Pizza in Air Fryer
- 1 frozen pizza mini personal size
- Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees. When done add frozen personal pizza and close. Air fry for 5 minutes.
- Check and if you want top more browned add 1 more minute. Once as brown as you'd like leave it in the closed basket for 3 more minutes to continue warming the center.
Sunday 15th of January 2023
This did not work, pizza is still cold but looked like it was cooked nicely on the top. I had trouble figuring out if you meant me to cook it on AirCrisp or bake. But definitely did not work.
The Typical Mom
Monday 16th of January 2023
This is labeled an air fryer recipe. You use the air fryer function, or air crisp is Ninja's version of air fryer. Bake will not get you the same/right results.
Tuesday 2nd of August 2022
What setting would help. Air crisp, roast, or bake? What accessory do you use... the cooking pit, grill grate, or crisper basket?
I'm using bake and grill grate. See how it goes I 0
The Typical Mom
Wednesday 3rd of August 2022
Just put it right in the basket, no accessory for frozen. Air crisp function
Tuesday 2nd of March 2021
Tried tonight 1st time better than the oven glad I got a ninja foodie thank you
The Typical Mom
Tuesday 2nd of March 2021
Glad it was a hit
Sunday 24th of January 2021
Cooked a personal size digiorno-had to turn it upside down to get crust to cook. Now on the third cooking time. Not too fond with af for pizza.
Friday 7th of August 2020
Thank you so very much. I've been doing it wrong and making a mess. Today I cooked a Red Baron French Bread Pizza. It came out perfect.