Best Traeger pizza!! Use ready made dough for this semi homemade pizza roll up in your electric or pellet grill this week.
This Traeger pizza roll up using frozen defrosted bread dough turned out amazing! Yes you can always bake, but during the summertime I do NOT turn my oven on. Smoker recipes are the way to go then. (affiliate links present)
Obsessed with cheesy meals, beyond a few quick air fryer pizza rolls for lunch, I bet you’re going to love this too.
We started this journey creating a lot of electric smoker recipes. Those will work too if you’re looking for more ideas.
Traeger pizza recipe
There are a few choices when it comes to the dough. I personally recommend you get Rhodes frozen bread loaves and use one, it’s the perfect size. Alternatively you could make homemade pizza dough.
- Frozen loaf of bread dough
- defrosted for 2 hours
- Butter or olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Minced garlic
- Garlic salt
- Baking sheet
- Rolling pin
We made pizza on a bbq years back and that was kinda’ fun. I wouldn’t say it worked better than in the oven, and I probably prefer that. BUT this version was different.
Aside from the dough being pre-made it was pretty homemade. 😉
I don’t know if I’d recommend things like mushrooms, but sliced olives would be a great add in with your pepperoni or Canadian bacon.
- As far as cheese goes, it is up to you.
- I thought I had mozzarella at home but I didn’t.
- Instead I had a bag of our favorite Mexican cheese blend which actually turned out to taste amazing.
- I like a mix of cheddar on my pies anyway.
Can you cook a pizza in a smoker?
YES! If you make our homemade pizza roll up it will take 35 minutes set at 350 F.
I don’t find that the timing or temperature are different for an electric or pellet grill. 350 degrees F was perfect for ours.
If it is a homemade round pie then that is the best method. BUT if you make our pizza roll up it will fit on a baking sheet which I am sure you already have.
For a frozen pizza set to 325, place pie on grate and cook for about 30 minutes.
You could load it up with more pepperoni than this. I like more cheese than meat but everyone is different.
Here’s a quick rundown of how this is prepped and cooked.
Time needed: 35 minutes.
If you’re using frozen loaf of bread, set on a piece of parchment paper and let it defrost for 2 hours.
Put dough on non stick cutting board and roll out into a rectangle about 18×12″. Melt butter, garlic, garlic salt and Italian seasonings together. Brush 1/2 this on to your dough with a brush.
Lay down pepperoni pieces to cover area. Then sprinkle on cheese so you have a nice coated layer.
Slowly roll up on one end tightly and put end open piece on the bottom of the roll on a piece of lightly sprayed foil on your baking sheet.
Spray underside of a piece of foil (or use plastic wrap) and tent over the top of your roll. Allow to rest and rise a bit for 30 minutes on your counter.
Preheat your smoker now to 350 degrees F. (could bake in oven at same temp.)
Leave foil tented on top and put baking sheet on smoker grates.
Close lid and cook for 20 minutes, then remove foil and continue cooking for 15 minutes until top is lightly golden brown.
Remove and allow to rest on counter for 15 minutes before slicing.
Dip pieces into spaghetti sauce and enjoy.
Cooking pizza on Traeger without stone
You could easily make this without meat and make a sort of cheesy smoker bread too! Serve it as a side dish for a 4th of July or Halloween party and it would be a hit. You could easily put 2 on the baking sheet at a time too.
Slice this same loaf defrosted into strips and make pull apart pigs in a blanket too.
I have used parchment paper instead of foil underneath but it does leave the bottom a bit browner than I’d like.
If you have leftovers we share how to reheat pizza in air fryer here for you too.
Easy smoker recipes you should try after this one:
- You can throw on a pan full of smoked vegetables alongside this.
- Our smoked chicken thighs with teriyaki sauce are to die for.
- If you want to know how to smoke salmon we have directions for that too.
- Then try our smoked pulled pork Traeger recipe next.
- With some monkey bread in a smoker for dessert.
You can use this same bread loaf and make this cinnamon bread wreath baked in the oven too.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
- Leave frozen loaf of bread out for 2 hours so it is still cold but defrosted.
- Put on non stick cutting board and roll out into a rectangle about 18×12".
- Melt butter, garlic, garlic salt and Italian seasonings together. Brush 1/2 this on to your dough with a brush.
- Lay down pepperoni pieces to cover area. Then sprinkle on cheese so you have a nice coated layer.
- Slowly roll up on one end tightly and put end open piece on the bottom of the roll on a piece of lightly sprayed foil on your baking sheet.
- Spray underside of piece of foil and tent over the top of your roll. Allow to rest and rise a bit for 30 minutes on your counter. Preheat your smoker now to 350 degrees F. (could bake in oven at same temp.)
- Leave foil tented on top and put baking sheet on smoker grates.
- Close lid and cook for 20 minutes, then remove foil and continue cooking for 15 minutes until top is lightly golden brown.
- Remove and allow to rest on counter for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Dip pieces into spaghetti sauce and enjoy