Frozen taquitos in air fryer are the best! WAY crispier than in the oven and done in just minutes. Frozen food in an air fryer is the bomb!
Frozen taquitos in air fryer directions are here! Skip preheating the oven and baking. This takes half the time and they’re super crunchy this way. Find this and more easy air fryer recipes here on The Typical Mom.
I mean who doesn’t love these babies!! An easy throw together dinner you can make when days get hectic, and they do. You can make homemade air fryer flautas like this but with flour tortillas but this is faster.
You can find beef, chicken or cheese versions in the freezer section of your grocery store. I always have some on hand for “those days.”
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Grab the best air fryer cookbook here.
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
It doesn’t matter whether you choose cheese, beef or chicken taquitos. This timing will work for them all. In no time you’ll air fry everything too!
How do you cook frozen taquitos?
Before you had to preheat your oven to 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, then cook for 12 minutes. NOW air fryer frozen taquitos need 5 minutes preheating and 6 minutes to get crispy.
Since they are already precooked it doesn’t take long. Unlike our air fryer chimichangas which use fresh tortillas there’s little to no prep for these.
Air fryer taquitos
Are frozen taquitos precooked?
The inside meat is already cooked, so you’re safe there, though the corn tortilla or flour tortilla is not.
If you just allowed them to defrost on the counter you’d be safe to eat them but it would be soft and a bit rubbery.
I guess you could microwave them first to soften, and then crisp a bit in a pan on your stovetop. Air frying is SO much better though!
There’s really no need for non stick cooking spray in your air fryer basket, or need to flip them over either.
Directions for these are so simple even my tweens at home can do it as a snack.
Frozen taquitos air fryer
What are the best frozen taquitos?
- Box with your choice of cheese or meat filled taquitos In order of popularity, favorite brands:
- Jose Olé
- El Monterey
- Don Miguel
- Trader Jose’s
That is all you need! Of course we love a variety of dips once they’re done.
Here are quick directions but there is a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post as well:
Time needed: 11 minutes.
How to Make Frozen Taquitos
- Preheat your air fryer
The best method to cook frozen foods is in your hot air machine. Preheating will ensure they’re as crispy as possible. These need to be set to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes before adding them.
Put as many frozen taquitos you’d like in your air fryer basket in one single layer. Do not overlap them or those areas won’t get golden brown and crispy on the outside. 6 minutes is usually perfect.
Serve with dipping sauces on the side and enjoy as soon as possible for best results.
I kid you not this machine will give you the deep fried crunch and taste you crave without the added calories.
EVERYTHING I have tried in it tastes better, and more like I’d get at a restaurant than in the oven.
What should you serve with taquitos? Well many times if we want a quick meal it is just this, and done. For a heartier dish I might add a chicken breast to each plate with these on the side.
Great for an every day meal or snack, and perfect for a quick Cinco de Mayo appetizer too. Here are a few other dinner recipes you will love.
- If you want to try a one pot meal, give our Instant Pot Mexican casserole a whirl too.
- For another great after school snack, this is how to cook air fryer corn dogs too.
How do you cook frozen taquitos in air fryer
Hope this helped answer this question today. Then you can go on to cook all the things like frozen burritos in an air fryer too. If you have any other hacks you’ve figured out, let us know!
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Frozen Taquitos in Air Fryer
- 24 taquitos frozen
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Put as many frozen taquitos in your air fryer basket as you'd like to eat.
- Set to 6 minutes, then check. If you'd like them crispier add 1 minute at a time. Leave them in the basket for 3-5 minutes closed once time is done in order to continue to warm the insides.