Frozen burrito in air fryer is a great way to cook these for lunch! Just a few minutes goes from rock hard to soft on the inside but crispy outsides.
Wondered how to cook a frozen burrito in air fryer? We tested it out and came up with the perfect timing! Here’s how to make this and tons of other easy air fryer recipes too. (affiliate links present)
We made homemade air fryer flautas the other night and those were incredibly good.
They do take some time to prep though and sometimes you need a quick dinner so I thought we’d follow that one up with a frozen burrito in air fryer post too.
If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- THIS is my Favorite Air Fryer!
- You can find more Air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
- Here’s a printable air fryer cook times chart here for your fridge.
- It has temp. and times for making the best frozen foods for air fryer too.
- Then join our Facebook page where you can share and find more ideas you’ll love. We have a Foodi social media group as well.
I know you either have a few of these in your freezer now, or have in the past. They’re cheap dinners that my kids love too.
Air fryer frozen burritos
What are the best frozen burritos?
We chose Reser’s as you can see here, their bean and cheese is pretty good. Las Campanas and Red’s are pretty popular, followed by Don Miguel and Jose Ole burritos.
Typically people use a microwave and that’s that, maybe a convection oven. We personally like these in the air fryer so there’s a nice crunch on the outside of the tortilla.
The dips after they’re cooked of course!! You’ve gotta’ have salsa for sure, and guacamole + sour cream are winners in our book.
We will explain that in detail below in our recipe card! Just takes 15 minutes and is so much better than nuked in the microwave.
You can choose which type you like. There are spicy and mild varieties typically. Some have just beans and cheese where others include ground beef and chiles.
You can see how the outside gets lightly browned but the insides are still soft and gooey flowing out when cut.
Time needed: 15 minutes.
How to cook frozen burritos in an air fryer
Preheat machine for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Put food inside
Put the # of frozen burritos you want to cook inside the air fryer basket with the sealed side facing up.
Cook for 15 minutes total, flipping every 5 minutes.
Serve with different dips on the side if you want.
Cooking instructions are below for air fried burritos. Of course air fryers cook at slightly different temps but they’re pretty close. Cooking times will not vary too much if you use a Ninja Foodi for this.
What will make a difference is if you left them out to reach room temperature beforehand. Then it would only take maybe 7 minutes or so to warm up I’d imagine.
- I recommend always preheat your air fryer so everything cooks at the same temp. throughout the time.
If you’re only cooking one I might check after 12 minutes or so and see if it’s browned enough for you. Frozen foods are great to make in this hot air machine! A few of our other favorites are:
- Air fryer corn dogs, frozen potstickers in air fryer, and air fryer frozen egg rolls are probably our girls favorite snacks during the day.
Nutritional information is not entirely accurate as it is calculated by the recipe card. Refer to the bag of the types you chose for that information.
Since ingredients inside are precooked before freezing them there really isn’t much need for checking the internal temperature.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Frozen Burritos in Air Fryer
- 2-4 frozen burritos 5 oz each
- Preheat air fryer to 400 for 5 minutes.
- Put frozen burritos into basket with bottom (sealed side) facing up.
- Set to 350 degrees for 15 minutes total. Flip burritos every 5 minutes so they end up with sealed side facing up again. (this way if there's a bit of leakage it won't stick to the basket, or leak out as much)