I have two of the best guacamole recipe dips here. Made with diced onion, salsa and our secret ingredient to make it totally fabulous is fruit! That’s right, you’ve got to try our pineapple guacamole or add a bit of diced apple for a salty sweet dip that’s perfect with chips or pretzels.
OK…I am in love with anything that has guacamole on it, ok everything with avocado in it in general!! I could eat guacamole on just about everything, so let me tell you I have tinkered with my recipe for quite some time now and come up with TWO of the best guacamole recipe dips you will ever try. Not only will you love it and think “why didn’t I think of that”, but when you make it for a get together people will rave over it and ask you for my, I mean your, recipe. 😉 (originally published 8/15)
The key to the deliciousness of these two guacamole recipes is that they both have a bit of fruit in them!
Really, if you have never added a bit of fruit to your guacamole dip it is fantastic and adds a bit of that yummy salty and sweet taste we all love. Beyond that there is a ton of ways to “tweak” it with things like diced onions, hot sauce, or chives.
Best Ever Guacamole
The star of the show is of course this vegetable, I mean fruit, I mean…. well you can decide on that one. That’s a debate I am not willing to waste time on other than they are one of my favorite foods. Even my girls are obsesssed.
It may be because we spent most of our lives in Southern California. Back in the day our area produced the most avocados of anywhere else. SO nevertheless we were used to getting them cheap and ripe year round. Now that we live in Idaho we aren’t quite as lucky but I load up when they look decent at the store.
You only need a few ingredients for both of them. Here it goes…
The recipe for number 1 above is a pineapple guacamole, that is right..adding crushed pineapple to the mix! The recipe for that is in the recipe box below.
How to Make Chipotle Guacamole
- If you want it spicy add a bit of Tobasco or dry Sriracha – Start small, mix, taste, and adjust again. Totally optional!
- 1/2 green apple, diced
- 1/4 diced onion
- 1/3 c. salsa, medium heat is great
- 3 avocados, slightly soft but not mushy or hard
- This is how to cook tomatillos if you want to dice some of those and throw them in too
How to Make Guacamole Salsa
If you want to combine your two favorite flavors, follow our pico de gallo salsa recipe, then make this, and combine the two together.
How to Make Guacamole Step by Step
- Scoop out all 3 avocados into a bowl, more if you are making a bigger batch you could double this recipe.
- Finely chop up 1/2 of a green apple, with or without the skin, add to the bowl.
- Finely dice up 1/4 onion, you can add more if you are a real onion lover, and add.
- Mix in 1/3 c. salsa, add more if you like your guacamole thinner, and then finely dice up your jalapeno if you want it spicy.
- Add about 1/4 tsp or so of seasoned or regular salt, we like seasoned salt, at the end to taste. SO good.
I like to refrigerate it for an hour or so to get it cold but eating it right away is fabulous too.
Best guacamole recipe
Of course you can adjust to your preference but the main ingredients for pineapple guacamole are as follows in the recipe, and print out if you’d rather. Serving this over hamburgers? Serve our pickled cabbage if you are, great duo.
This recipe is perfect for a dip bar, and here are a few others you could include in that:
- Our recipe for pineapple salsa is pretty fantastic as well as this air fryer roasted tomato recipe used for salsa.
- Use both of these to make our 7 layer dip pizza for the get together.
- But beer cheese dip is a perfect pair with chips for a Super Bowl party
- This taco dip with ground beef is always a winner with guests too
If you’re drooling over this guacamole recipe that is perfect for any BBQ, you should see the banana s’mores we have made too.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉