I have two of the best guacamole recipe dips here made with diced onion, salsa and our secret ingredient to make it totally fabulous is fruit! That’s right, you’ve got to try our pineapple guacamole or add a bit of diced apple for a salty sweet dip that’s perfect with chips or pretzels.
OK…I am in love with anything that has guacamole on it, ok everything with avocado in it in general!! I could eat guacamole on just about everything, so let me tell you I have tinkered with my recipe for quite some time now and come up with TWO of the best guacamole recipe dips you will ever try. Not only will you love it and think “why didn’t I think of that”, but when you make it for a get together people will rave over it and ask you for my, I mean your, recipe. 😉 (originally published 8/15)
The key to the deliciousness of these two guacamole recipes is that they both have a bit of fruit in them! Really, if you have never added a bit of fruit to your guacamole dip it is fantastic and adds a bit of that yummy salty and sweet taste we all love.
You only need a few ingredients for both of them. Here it goes…
The recipe for number 1 above is a pineapple guacamole, that is right..adding crushed pineapple to the mix! The recipe for that is in the recipe box below.
The 2nd way to make the best guacamole recipe is adding a bit of green apple so you get a savory and sweet dip!
- 1/2 green apple, diced
- 1/4 diced onion
- 1/3 c. salsa, medium heat is great
- 3 avocados, slightly soft but not mushy or hard
- Scoop out all 3 avocados into a bowl, more if you are making a bigger batch you could double this recipe.
- Finely chop up 1/2 of a green apple, with or without the skin, add to the bowl.
- Finely dice up 1/4 onion, you can add more if you are a real onion lover, and add.
- Mix in 1/3 c. salsa, add more if you like your guacamole thinner, and then finely dice up your jalapeno if you want it spicy.
- Add about 1/4 tsp or so of seasoned or regular salt, we like seasoned salt, at the end to taste. SO good.
- I like to refrigerate it for an hour or so to get it cold but eating it right away is fabulous too.
Of course you can adjust to your preference but the main ingredients for pineapple guacamole are as follows in the recipe, and print out if you’d rather:
The Best Guacamole Recipe
Mash avocados and squeeze juice of 1 lime inside, mix.
Add cilantro, salt, and cayenne, mix.
Add rest of ingredients and fold in, enjoy!
This recipe is perfect for a dip bar, and here are a few others you could include in that:
If you’re drooling over this guacamole recipe that is perfect for any BBQ, you should see the banana s’mores we make too…to die for, here is the recipe.