Here’s how to make pork, chicken or beef Instant Pot tacos in no time at all! Perfect pressure cooker dinners that are cheap and full of flavor. Instant Pot carnitas are probably our favorite!
Ready for Instant Pot tacos 4 different ways for taco Tuesday??!! We have an easy carne asada tacos, healthy salsa chicken tacos, barbecue, Hawaiian tacos and of course how to make taco meat in your Instant Pot too. You’ll be covered for the whole month with all of these recipes for sure.
We are going to start with our Instant Pot beef carnitas since they are probably our favorite, though the others are very close seconds.
Why we love Instant Pot tacos
- They are inexpensive to make
- You can add tons of toppings, or the kids can leave them plain
- Pressure cooker tacos offer tons of flavor since they’re cooked under high pressure, we feel the flavors are intensified
- They take less than 30 minutes to make including prep time and the time it takes to reach pressure
- For the most part Instant Pot tacos are pretty healthy!
Here are our Instant Pot carnitas once everything is thrown into the pot…literally this is a dump and go meal with tons of flavor!
What if you don’t have all exact ingredients listed below, here are some pressure cooker taco substitutions you can make:
- Fresh cilantro – jarred dry cilantro
- Cayenne pepper – jarred dry Sriracha
- Fresh limes – lime juice
- Fresh minced garlic – jarred minced garlic (seriously, I almost always use jarred because I’m just lazy to chop it up & I buy this one because I use so much of it)
I wouldn’t substitute minced dried onions for fresh onions but these are decent substitutions in case you have everything and realize you forgot cilantro……which I have done before. I personally load up on dry versions of any ingredient I can so if I have an “oh no” moment in the middle of making dinner I at least have a substitute for it, thus the links above for alternative items. 😉
I always say “use what you have” so don’t fret if you think you have it all but realize you don’t. You can still make these easy Instant Pot tacos work well and come out amazing I tell you.
Here’s what you’ll need to make our easy carnitas Instant Pot tacos, more pressure cooker taco recipes below:
- Instant Pot – I have this one and it’s plenty big to feed the 5 of us, I share here my favorite Instant Pot accessories to make all my recipes here too
- Beef- stew meat or I have cut up beef bottom round steak into small strips too if need be
- Fresh limes
- Cumin – I have this one
- Fresh cilantro
If you want to add toppings beyond that this is what we like:
- Avocado – our favorite
- Raw onion
Here is the printable recipe for beef carnitas and a video showing you how we make these.Instant Pot tacos
Instant Pot Tacos
- 2 lbs beef for carnitas, small stew beef pieces
- 5 large limes 2 will be used when tacos are done
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 bundle cilantro fresh, or 1/2 tbsp dry cilantro
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper or 1 tsp dry sriracha
- 1 large onion cut into large chunks or diced
- Put small pieces of beef into your Instant Pot along with your onion and squeeze 3 limes inside (make sure seeds don't go into pot).
- Sprinkle in all of your seasonings and stir so all meat and onions are well coated.
- Chop cilantro bundle, tops, and add into your pot. Stir.
- Close lid and steam valve and set on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Do a quick release and serve inside of small corn tortillas with more raw onion and cilantro if desired, squeeze fresh lime on top of Instant Pot taco.
- Can heat some oil on your stove and lightly fry your tortillas prior to filling them if desired.
If you prefer chicken Instant Pot tacos we have a few options for you too!
- The picture you see here are our 3 ingredient Instant Pot salsa chicken tacos
- Our Instant Pot shredded chicken is really good inside tacos too, with a barbecue flavor
- If you make an Instant Pot whole chicken it will become fall off the bone tender, then just remove the meat and throw it into small tortillas with whatever toppings you want….super healthy this way!!
- If all you have are frozen chicken in the Instant Pot so you can make pressure cooker tacos in a jiffy.
Let’s talk about pork Instant Pot tacos shall we?
- Our favorite is to use a center cut pork loin or pork tenderloin and make this Instant Pot Hawaiian pulled pork and once it’s shredded soaked in this sauce goodness then put it in small tortillas or others can put it on small slider buns so you’ll have different ways to serve the same dish.
- If you love an Asian twist on tacos make this Instant Pot pulled pork recipe that is sweet with a bit of heat and throw that in small tortillas!
- Here’s an Instant Pot pork shoulder recipe if that is the cut of meat you choose (or that one is on sale, then go for it). Comes out amazingly tender in 1 hour and makes for terrific pressure cooker tacos.
Here’s a peek at our Hawaiian pulled pork which we’ve made into tacos as well as served it over rice. It is fabulous either way and just a dump and go dinner idea that is so tender in less than an hour it is ridiculous.
If you’re interested in ground beef Instant Pot tacos we have the best recipe for flavorful Instant Pot taco meat so you can make those as well with all the wonderful toppings of your choice.
That will take us over the edge of 4 to 5 easy pressure cooker taco recipes for you!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉