Here’s an easy pressure cooker shredded beef tacos recipe you can make for dinner tonight! Flavorful tender beef in your Instant Pot has never been easier!
Ok so we’ve been using our Instant Pot more and more recently because it is quite hot outside and there is NO way I am turning on my oven at this point! When it comes to large cuts of meat I’ve found there is just no better way to get it as tender and flavorful than to use my fancy pressure cooker anyway. Last week we cooked a pork roast and this week we were on to a beef roast so we could create some amazing pressure cooker shredded beef tacos filled with lots of toppings! One of our favorite easy Instant Pot recipes.
If you love having taco Tuesdays I will tell you that these are pretty amazing.
The tenderest beef shredded and soaked in a sauce full of flavor and ready in about an hour and a half.
Just dump it all in, turn it on and get ready when it beeps to have a protein packed meal that all in all is pretty darn healthy if you skip some of the toppings (ok I don’t but you can if you’re watching your calories). 😉
Here’s how you make them.
Of course when it comes to tacos you should use the flavors you love.
If you are new to making shredded beef in general the spices we used are a great base.
If you like spice then add some chili powder or even a squirt of Sriracha would be good.
Another great way to use this tender pressure cooker shredded beef would be to make nachos! Here’s what you need:
- Beef roast
- Beef broth – could use chicken or vegetable but we’re cooking beef so…….
- Bell pepper and diced onion we like – up to you how you load it up
- Small tortillas
- Adobo seasoning
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Taco and/or nacho toppings
- Chipotle sauce for top if desired for heat
Here’s the printable recipe too!
- Note – Our beef roast was 2.5 lbs. and 65 minutes when cut in half was perfect to make it shred easily and become tender, if meat is larger it may take a bit longer.
If you’d rather make an easy Instant Pot shredded pork recipe this is amazing.
Pressure Cooker Shredded Beef
- 2.5-3 lb beef roast cut in half
- 1/2 onion red
- 1/2-1 bell pepper
- 1 tsp adobo seasoning
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c broth chicken or beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- On saute mode, add olive oil, then sear meat on both sides and turn pot off/cancel button.
- Deglaze pot - remove meat, add your cup of beef broth listed above, and use wooden spoon to scrape meat pcs. off of the bottom. (link to how to do this above recipe card) Leave broth in the pot.
- Add all spices and onions and mix together.
- Put meat pcs. back into Instant Pot.
- Close lid, seal steam valve, and set to pressure high for 65 minutes.
- Allow to naturally release.
- Shred beef in pot or remove and shred well, then combine back into sauce and mix so meat is saturated once again with sauce.
- Serve in small flour tortillas topped with salsa, cheese, etc...
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉