Creamy beef and noodles Instant Pot recipe that takes only 15 minutes to cook! Thinly sliced steak or beef tips come out tender and delicious every time.
I threw together a beef and noodles Instant Pot recipe with steak the other night. It came out so good that I thought I’d share it with y’all. Comfort food easy Instant Pot recipe at it’s finest! Sponsored by Idaho Beef Council.
If you need easy Ninja Foodi recipes, you can use that pot instead.
Any pressure cooker brand will do. You’ll love this, I promise you.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
I have created more than a hundred easy pressure cooker recipes over the years.
The ones we make over and over again are those that are inexpensive, have few ingredients, and all 5 of us love.
- This one falls into that category for sure!
- If you have steak in the fridge that needs to be cooked, I suggest trying this tonight.
- It’s really a quick one pot meal that’s creamy and delicious.
Instant Pot beef and noodles with sour cream
Like many of our other Instant Pot steak recipes, you’ll need to saute the meat and onions together. This will brown the outsides and create a nice texture. Adding the seasonings now will enhance the flavors too.
Onions can be diced or sliced. If you want them to stay in tact more when served, I would slice them thick.
Something to remember: When cooking meat in an Instant Pot you always need to deglaze the pot after you’re done. This will avoid the burn notice and save your sanity. I like using a wooden spoon or spatula.
Beef noodle casserole Instant Pot
- Beef sliced thin
- I used Idaho beef steak
- chuck roast could be used too
- Egg noodles
- bagged, dry
- I haven’t tried frozen egg noodles yet
- Beef broth or stock
- Sour cream
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Flour or cornstarch to thicken sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Parsley is optional
- I may add a dash of Worcestershire sauce next time too
Another tip when pressure cooking any type of Instant Pot casserole is that you don’t want to stir in the noodles. Instead, put them on top and gently submerge them into the liquid below.
Here are quick instructions but there is a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post as well.
Time needed: 15 minutes.
Instant Pot beef and noodles
Saute your beef strips, onion and seasonings together until meat is no longer pink on the outside. Drain grease from pot.
- Deglaze Instant Pot
Use 1/4 c. of your broth to deglaze your pot. This means to use a wooden spatula to scrape any stuck on meat off the bottom. If you don’t your pot may stop cooking and display BURN on the screen.
- Whisk ingredients
In a bowl whisk together the rest of your broth, cream of mushroom soup and flour together until smooth. Pour this into your pot.
- Add noodles
Pour egg noodles on the top and gently submerge into liquid below.
Close lid and steam valve. Set to high pressure for 2 minutes for noodles to cook, followed by a quick release of remaining pressure.
- Thicken sauce
Lift lid and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream and serve topped with diced fresh parsley!
Something to remember: The longer this sits and cools the thicker the sauce will become. This means it is incredible the next day for lunch or dinnertime!
Super quick and easy right?? With a super quick cook time you can get fork tender beef too your family will love.
If at the end you still think it isn’t thick enough, turn pot to saute again. In a small bowl whisk together 2 tablespoons of corn starch with about 4 ounces of water. Add this in and allow to bubble for 2 minutes.
I think it is really a one pot meal with everything included, other than vegetables. You could cook those on the side, or serve over mashed potatoes too. Make either in another pressure cooker or slow cooker.
You could freeze the leftovers but you’d need to defrost it before reheating in the microwave or stovetop. I recommend refrigerating instead in airtight containers and eating within a day or two.
- We love making air fryer empanadas for dinner on Tuesdays.
- If you love casseroles, give our oven baked ground beef casserole with potatoes a whirl.
Below is our printable recipe you can use over and over again. Seasonings below are suggestions that we love but of course you can change those up. If I have minced garlic on hand I will throw some of that in there too.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! 😉 Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Beef and Noodles Instant Pot
- Slice steak thin. Turn pressure cooker to saute and add your meat, onions, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Stir.
- Cook until outside of meat pieces are browned. Then turn pot off. Drain any liquid that is in pot.
- Pour in 1/4 c. of your broth into the pot and use a wooden spatula to deglaze pot…scrape any stuck on bits off of the bottom.
- In a bowl whisk together the rest of your broth, cream of mushroom soup and flour until smooth.
- Pour this into your pot. Sprinkle uncooked noodles into your pot on top and gently submerge into the liquid below.
- Close lid and steam valve and set to high pressure for 2 minutes followed by a quick release.
- Remove lid, stir, and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Then stir in sour cream to thicken and become creamy. The longer it sits to cool off the thicker the sauce will become.