This is how you make moist Crockpot pumpkin bread! Cooks right in your slow cooker and tastes like a chocolatey pumpkin cake. It’s amazing!
I tried making crockpot pumpkin chocolate chip bread and came out amazingly well and moist! It’s one of our favorite sweet bread crockpot recipes!
Crockpot Pumpkin Bread
I am a sucker for anything pumpkin once August 1st rolls around! I just can’t get enough of it!! For years we’ve made this moist pumpkin bread recipe we all love. After making slow cooker chocolate chip banana bread I thought I could do the same thing with this recipe.
Let’s talk a little bit about slow cooking shall we?? First off I have a few different varieties and I love them all. Each one has an occasion to be used like….
- This is my favorite 6 quart programmable one with a locking lid so it’s great for bringing to a potluck too.
- If you just want to serve a few appetizers you should get this one that sit side by side one another.
- I prefer not to use liners, but rather just spray olive oil inside before adding my food for easier cleanups.
Let me give you a peek of my pretty thang I bought recently. It goes with my kitchen so I can just leave it out on the countertop all the time. 😉
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Bread
If you love Fall flavors, yet use your slow cooker as often as humanly possible, you should try this too.
It is perfect if you are having a brunch. You can leave it in there to keep warm and moist, or for Christmas breakfast too! What I love other than it being delicious and I don’t have to heat up my oven.
My daughters like a cakier more done bread, where I like it just on the verge of being undercooked to be as moist as possible. Cooking pumpkin bread in the crockpot gives you all those textures.
This is MY piece!! When “baking” in the crockpot things don’t get crisp, they stay really moist. Therefore the very top layer will have this appearance. Just like any loaf of sweet bread the middle will be less done than the edges.
Pumpkin Bread in Slow Cooker
Since there are 5 of us we all prefer either the ends or the middle. SO there’s something for everyone when I make crockpot pumpkin bread.
Of course you can leave out the chocolate chips but oh it makes it so heavenly with them in. I use mini semi sweet which is an amazing flavor combination.
As far as the crockpot I use for “baking” sweet breads I love my 2.5 qt casserole crockpot!
It’s just the right size for a batch and shallower than a traditional slow cooker so the middle will get done perfectly. I’ll usually use my 6 qt. crockpot for this one as well and it bakes faster so either one will do.
I cook it on high for 2 1/2 hrs. in my smaller one. OR 1 hr 45 minutes in my 6 qt. Put a paper towel pulled taut underneath the lid. This is best to absorb the steam so the bread doesn’t get real wet.
- I check and may add 15 or so minutes depending on how done the middle looks.
Then I turn it off and let it set for about 30 minutes. Then it’s perfect.
Depending on what kind of sweet bread you’re baking this timing should work well. The middle may not look totally done to you but letting it sit solidifies it. Believe me it is amazing bordering on the edge of “not done”.
Crockpot pumpkin bread with chocolate chips
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Crockpot Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Blend together with a mixer your eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin until smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix together your dry ingredients.
- Pour half of your dry ingredients into your wet pumpkin mixture and mix on low until smooth, add second half of dry mixture and mix until smooth.
- Spray the inside of your 2.5 qt. , or 6 qt. crockpot with non stick spray.
- Pour pumpkin bread mixture inside and smooth out so it sets evenly inside the slow cooker.
- Put a paper towel across the top and put lid on top, pull paper towel taut underneath the lid so it doesn’t dip down and touch bread.
- Put on high for 2.5 hrs. for your 2.5 qt. or 1 hr and 45 minutes for a 6 qt. crockpot, and then check. Middle will appear a bit undercooked, if you want it done more continue cooking another 20 or so minutes.
- Turn off and let it rest for about 30 minutes inside the crockpot to continue cooking a bit and solidify more in the middle if you desire or serve immediately. Cut and serve while still slightly warm and moist.