Here is a really easy Instant Pot pork shoulder recipe you will love. Amazing barbecue pulled pork sandwiches made in your pressure cooker that even my little one loves. Juicy pork usually takes all day to get this tender but in your Instant Pot it takes less than a few hours to fall apart.
If you loved pulled pork sandwiches, here is a really easy Instant Pot pork shoulder recipe you will love! You can use pre-made barbecue sauce as the base or whip up a quick one with the recipe I have here. Mix up a bit of sweet and savory rub for your pork shoulder and it is done, fall off the bone (if there is one) meat in just 90 minutes. This is why I love my Instant Pot so much. Let me show you just how easy these pulled pork sandwiches are to make, it’s one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes. (originally published 3/17, affiliate links present)
This would take all day normally, and usually does when I make my bbq pulled pork crockpot recipe, but not any longer.
We just had this Instant Pot pork shoulder recipe tonight and it was amazing!!
I bet you have all the ingredients in your house already, other than the pork shoulder. So it’s really easy to throw together once you have that.
If you want a really quick way you can just use bottled barbecue sauce and a bottled already made rub. But I have an even better homemade recipe below that is super quick too.
- I love using my Instant Pot because it cuts the cooking time in at least half, usually less than that. To cook pork in a pressure cooker takes only about 90 minutes for a 5 lb. piece of meat cut in half. I have put it in whole too but cut in half comes out a bit more tender.
Put some on a bun topped with cole slaw and it’s a fantastic meal.
This is what you’ll need and how to make this easy Instant Pot pork shoulder recipe
- Small bowl
- Pressure cooker
- 4-5 lb. pork shoulder
- Apple cider vinegar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Spice mixture to rub on your pork
- Brown sugar
- Onion and garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Seasoned salt, we used Lawry’s
- Cole slaw – great to use for sliders, here’s an easy homemade recipe for cole slaw
- Hawaiian sweet rolls – we use these when making sliders, the best!
Once it is done make sure to allow it to naturally release steam for at least 10 minutes or you may get a bit of spray if you quick release.
Looking for more Instant Pot pork recipes?
- This Instant Pot pulled pork recipe has an Asian twist
- Instant Pot Hawaiian pulled pork makes for great sliders, or served over Instant Pot white rice
- Pressure cooker pork chop recipe
Everyone in our family loves this quick Instant Pot pork recipe. The flavorful cooking liquid you pour on the bottom of the pot permeates into each piece and makes it taste amazing. It is great during the summertime when you don’t want to heat up your oven or use your bbq.
Just pressure cook it so it’s tenderest bite you’ve ever tasted and enjoy.
Here’s the printable recipe to follow
Instant Pot Pork Shoulder Recipe
- 1 Pork shoulder ours was about 5 lbs.
- 1 c apple cider vinegar
- 1 c ketchup
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp chili powder or more, your preference
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp seasoned salt I use Lawry's
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Mix together your ketchup, vinegar, and worcestershire sauce. Pour half of this into your pot.
- Mix together your spices and then rub it into your pork shoulder, top and bottom.
- Cut your pork shoulder in half and put it into your Instant Pot or pressure cooker. (it comes out more tender when cut into smaller pieces)
- Pour the remaining sauce you made over your piece of pork and set your IP to manual, pressure, high, for 90 minutes (for 4.5 pounds this made it very easy to shred).
- Close steam valve.
- When done do a natural release for 10 minutes, then release rest of steam and carefully lift lid. Shred pork with 2 forks and serve on buns with coleslaw for sandwiches.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉