Here is a really easy Instant Pot pork shoulder recipe you will love. Amazing barbecue pulled pork sandwiches made in your pressure cooker that even my little one loves. Juicy pork usually takes all day to get this tender but in your Instant Pot it takes less than a few hours to fall apart.
If you loved pulled pork sandwiches, here is a really easy Instant Pot pork shoulder recipe you will love! You can use pre-made barbecue sauce as the base or whip up a quick one with the recipe I have here. Mix up a bit of sweet and savory rub for your pork shoulder and it is done, fall off the bone (if there is one) meat in just 90 minutes. This is why I love my Instant Pot so much. This would take all day normally, and usually does when I make my bbq pulled pork crockpot recipe, but not any longer. Let me show you just how easy these pulled pork sandwiches are to make, it’s one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes. (originally published 3/17)
We just had this Instant Pot pork shoulder recipe tonight and it was amazing!!
I bet you have all the ingredients in your house already, other than the pork shoulder. So it’s really easy to throw together once you have that.
If you want a really quick way you can just use bottled barbecue sauce and a bottled already made rub. But I have an even better homemade recipe below that is super quick too.
- I love using my Instant Pot because I can have a great dinner ready in usually less than 30 minutes flat.
This pork recipe takes 90 minutes for a 5 lb. piece of meat left whole and uncut. I have also cut mine in half and it comes out really tender so I suggest doing it that way.
Put some on a bun topped with cole slaw and it’s a fantastic meal.
This is what you’ll need and how to make this easy Instant Pot pork shoulder recipe
- 4-5 lb. pork shoulder
- Apple cider vinegar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Brown sugar
- Cole slaw – great to use for sliders, here’s an easy homemade recipe for cole slaw
- Hawaiian sweet rolls – we use these when making sliders, the best!
Looking for more Instant Pot pork recipes?
- This Instant Pot pulled pork recipe has an Asian twist
- Instant Pot Hawaiian pulled pork makes for great sliders, or served over Instant Pot white rice
- Pressure cooker pork chop recipe
Everyone in our family loves this quick Instant Pot pork recipe, even my little one and a friend who popped over to visit. It is great during the summertime when you don’t want to heat up your oven or use your bbq.
Just pop it into your pressure cooker and it’s done in no time.
Here’s the printable recipe to follow
Instant Pot Pork Shoulder Recipe
- 1 Pork shoulder 4-5 lbs
- 1 c apple cider vinegar
- 1 c ketchup
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp chili powder or more, your preference
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp seasoned salt I use Lawry's
- cole slaw optional
- Mix together your ketchup, vinegar, and worcestershire sauce and set aside.
- Mix together your spices and then rub it into your pork shoulder, top and bottom.
- Put your pork shoulder into your Instant Pot or pressure cooker. (I have cut it in half before putting it in and it comes out more tender too....tip)
- Pour the sauce you made over your piece of pork and set your IP to manual, pressure, high, for 90 minutes (for 4.5 pounds this made it very easy to shred).
- Close steam valve.
- When done do a slow / natural release on your steam valve and carefully lift lid. Shred pork with 2 forks and serve on buns with coleslaw for sandwiches.
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉