Summer house cleaning list I promised you is here! One more in my series of monthly organization printables to help keep you on track and not get overwhelmed.
I created monthly organization printables on The Typical Mom to break down house cleaning and purging into a monthly process. This Summer house cleaning list is for the months of June – August. (originally published 6/17, affiliate links present)
I find that breaking the house down into rooms and focusing on one or just a few to make it more bearable. You can also download my entire monthly cleaning schedule here.
- It’s the only way to keep me from being so overwhelmed!
We are always so busy during this time of year. Our kids are out of school and I don’t want to be cleaning the whole time. BUT it is a great time to do some purging and have them help!
You can start with cleaning your refrigerator! Have you done that lately, be honest. It really should be done every few months, every other is better. The easiest hack is to line shelves with Press ‘n Seal wrap. Bingo!
- I also have a printer friendly black and white version of this summer house cleaning list is here too!
- Dishwasher cleaning liquid
- How to clean your jetted tub (seriously, if you’ve never done this the inside of the jets are disgusting!)
- Shelf and drawer paper
- Refrigerator clean out checklist and helpful hints
- Outdoor window cleaner for cleaning outside of two story windows
Then move on to organizing your garage.
Just split it up into a few days and make those days “at home days”.
The kids can help you with some of them, especially helping with purging their rooms because you know they have toys they aren’t interested in anymore and are okay with getting rid of them.
If you have little ones I would recommend creating a toy rotation at this time, it is great!
On the other days have some fun by doing free and cheap activities with your kids, here are a few ideas:
- Go on a road trip, here are 100+ road trip games for kids
- Staycation ideas
- Summer to do list is great to print out at the beginning of the summer and plan something on the printable calendar each day.
- As an incentive have your kids help you accomplish your summer house cleaning list. When you do a few that day then take off and do something on your checklist for fun!