Summer house cleaning list I promised you is here! One more in my series of monthly organization printables to help keep you on track and not get overwhelmed.
I created monthly organization printables on The Typical Mom to break down house cleaning and purging into a monthly process. This Summer house cleaning list is for the months of June – August. (originally published 6/17, affiliate links present)
Free Summer House Cleaning Checklist
I find that breaking the house down into rooms and focusing on one or just a few to make it more bearable. You can also download my entire monthly cleaning schedule here.
- It’s the only way to keep me from being so overwhelmed!
Summer Cleaning Checklist
We are always so busy during this time of year. Our kids are out of school and I don’t want to be cleaning the whole time. BUT it is a great time to do some purging and have them help!
You can start with cleaning your refrigerator! Have you done that lately, be honest. It really should be done every few months, every other is better. The easiest hack is to line shelves with Press ‘n Seal wrap. Bingo!
- Dishwasher cleaning liquid
- How to clean your jetted tub (seriously, if you’ve never done this the inside of the jets are disgusting!)
- Shelf and drawer paper
- Refrigerator clean out checklist and helpful hints
- Outdoor window cleaner for cleaning outside of two story windows
Then move on to organizing your garage.
Just split it up into a few days and make those days “at home days”.
The kids can help you with some of them, especially helping with purging their rooms because you know they have toys they aren’t interested in anymore and are okay with getting rid of them.
If you have little ones I would recommend creating a toy rotation at this time, it is great!
On the other days have some fun by doing free and cheap activities with your kids, here are a few ideas:
- Go on a road trip, here are 100+ road trip games for kids
- Staycation ideas
- Summer to do list is great to print out at the beginning of the summer and plan something on the printable calendar each day.
- As an incentive have your kids help you accomplish your summer house cleaning list. When you do a few that day then take off and do something on your checklist for fun!
We have a summer bucket list for teens checklist too for older kids.
House cleaning checklist
Time needed: 5 minutes
Free House cleaning checklist
Print your free summer cleaning printable sheet here. There is a printer icon at the top right hand corner of your screen once you hit the link and it pops up.
Use a pencil to check off each area you complete. If you want to reuse this over again you can laminate the sheet and use a wet erase marker.
- I also have a printer friendly black and white version of this summer house cleaning list is here too!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!