This breaded pork chops air fryer recipe is a quick way to make a one pot meal in your Cosori or Ninja Foodi. Lightly breaded and delicious. Use our homemade breading or shake and bake mix. You’ll need thawed or fresh for this, follow our air fryer frozen pork chops if yours aren’t.
When you make this air fryer breaded pork chops recipe you may never bake them in the oven ever again. With a crispy outside and tender meat inside they become the perfect texture with tons of flavor. Just one of many easy air fryer recipes we have shared here on The Typical Mom blog. (affiliate links present, originally published 6/21)
Ninja Foodi Pork Chops
It doesn’t matter what type of pot or brand you have, they all work basically the same. As opposed to making our baked pork chops you can make these year round since it won’t heat up your entire kitchen. Add as many seasonings you want or leave it plain like you see here.
We used pork chops bone-in for these but you could use boneless if you preferred. I might cut the timing by a minute if that were the case.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
Air Fryer Bone In Pork Chops
Keep in mind that the timing is for medium to thick bone in pork chops. If you have boneless or they are rather thin you’ll want to decrease the timing a few minutes and check. You don’t want to overcook this protein but of course the internal meat temperature does need to be safe to consume.
I typically buy with the bone just because they are a lot cheaper and not that hard to cut around when they are done. If I do find them on sale without, I of course will grab those instead. Thin isn’t the best if you ask me. I would rather have a medium/thick cut any day of the week.
Air Fryer Shake and Bake Pork Chops
Before you begin you should pat the meat with paper towels so the egg and breading will stick nicely. If not it will want to slide right off.
What temperature do you put the air fryer on for pork chops?
400 degrees F will do the trick to get it tender yet crispy on the outside. You could set it for a bit lower but that will make it take more time obviously to cook properly.
We have directions on how to cook frozen pork chops in air fryer here you can read and follow. It doesn’t take too much longer than if they were defrosted. Of course size does matter and will vary the cook time slightly.
How do you get breading to stick to pork chops?
That is where the paper towels come in. Take them out of the package, rinse with cold water quickly. Then lay on a few, fold over the top and gently press so the moisture on the outside is absorbed. Then dip into whisked egg and finally into a breading. Lightly tap on so it sticks nicely, then cook.
Air Frying Pork Chops Bone In
This is what you’re going to need to make this quick and easy recipe tonight.
- Bone in chops – boneless pork chops will take a minute or two less
- 2 shallow bowls
- Salt and pepper with onion powder works great for seasonings but really you could add Old Bay or others that you love too
- shredded parmesan is a great add in too
- Eggs to make the egg wash or dip before breading so it sticks nicely
- Non stick cooking spray
I recommend that you always preheat the air fryer so the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees after 14 minutes. To add more golden brown lightly spray the tops 2 minutes before it is done.
Air Fried Pork
Here are quick instructions to read but there is a printable card at the bottom of this post as well. Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl. In another bowl add breadcrumbs with your salt, garlic powder, chili powder and parmesan cheese. Mix together.
- Pat pork chops dry with paper towels to remove moisture on the outsides. You can season pork chops with salt and pepper now too if you want added flavors.
- Dip into egg and then bread crumbs mixture. Coat both sides well.
- Spray basket with non stick spray. Lay inside air fryer basket or on metal rack inside Ninja foodi.
- Spray tops with olive oil and then air fry for 7 minutes of cooking. Flip over and spray with olive oil on other side.
- Cook for an additional 7-10 minutes or until internal temp of thickest area of cooked pork chops reaches 145 degrees F.
- Remove and allow to rest, covered, for 10 minutes before slicing
You can tell that they’re done when there is no pink on the inside when you slice it open. It is important to allow proteins to rest when they are done. This will maintain a moist piece of meat so it doesn’t release as soon as you cut it open.
How do you reheat leftover pork chops?
Remove from the fridge and allow to sit for about 15 minutes so they’re not so cold first. It is great to use your Cosori to heat it the next day really. Then you can get that crunch back on the edges and warm the insides enough to enjoy. 380 F for about 2-3 minutes on each side will do the trick.
You could dice it up and add it into another dish too, like a casserole. Sometimes I will make my own version of fried rice on the stovetop with scrambled egg, heated frozen veggies, and chopped leftovers like this. I hate throwing away good food so this is one of my go to’s that everyone seems to love.
Easy side dishes that go great with this dish is as follows:
- A bed of quick instant mashed potatoes works rather well if you’re in a real hurry.
- Air fryer corn or cornbread in air fryer is a great one during the summertime especially, cheap too!
- Sometimes I just buy one of those bagged, everything is included, Cesar or kale salads.
Another greatness is pork steak in air fryer you should try.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Breaded Pork Chops Air Fryer
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl. In another bowl add breadcrumbs with your salt, garlic powder, chili powder and parmesan cheese. Mix together.
- Pat pork chops dry with paper towels. Dip into egg and then bread crumbs mixture. Coat both sides well.
- Lay inside air fryer basket or on metal rack inside Ninja foodi. Spray tops with olive oil and then air fry for 7 minutes. Flip over and spray with olive oil on other side. Cook for an additional 7-10 minutes or until internal temp of thickest area reaches 145 degrees F.
- Remove and allow to rest, covered, for 10 minutes before slicing.