The best cinnamon roll air fryer sticky buns ever! Using refrigerated Pillsbury style, Rhodes defrosted frozen bread dough or our semi homemade sticky buns with crescent rolls and no yeast you too can make this breakfast or dessert in just 20 minutes!
For breakfast today I made these air fryer cinnamon rolls and sticky buns and let me tell you they were a hit! I’m a little obsessed with creating new air fryer recipes lately since I got my Ninja Foodi machine! I bet you are too. (originally published 2/19, affiliate links present)
Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls Pillsbury
Are you ready for this mouthwatering breakfast or dessert idea? Using a roll of already made and packaged ones are great but this sticky homemade topping is to die for too. Try both versions and let us know what you think.
I like that there are so many different ways to make this, and they all come out amazingly well. Of course I have made a few different Rhodes cinnamon roll recipes like into monkey bread or just baked in the oven but this is much faster. You get a nice crisp on the outsides too and the sauce gets caramelized too. OMG.
FIRST – You should sign up for my free newsletter so you get new posts emailed to you twice a week and never miss out on anything! If you love air fryer recipes too, here are some resources to start with:
- My Favorite Air Fryer is a Cosori or for a dual machine, the Foodi.
- You can find more easy air fryer recipes here, we have Ninja Foodi recipes as well; bookmark them both!
Annies Cinnamon Rolls in Air Fryer
Of course there are other brands out there too at the store. Grands are just a larger version, most places have their own store brand, I’ve seen Cinnabon with rolls too that come with icing and Annie’s is here and there. I will say that it is worth it to spend a bit more to get the name brand, period.
Air Fryer Cinnamon Crescent Rolls
Beyond using packaged you can make your own. You can follow these directions and make semi homemade sticky buns here where the brown sugar and pecans are on the bottom. When cooked and flipped over the goodness goes to the top and drains down the sides, they are like incredible y’all. Want to make homemade cinnamon rolls with no yeast, we have a recipe for that too.
Can I bake cinnamon rolls in an air fryer?
We also have our sweet rolls you could make if you really wanted to go all out. I typically will only take the time to make the dough for these at Christmas time but they’re amazing. Using this machine you can bake them fresh a few at a time which is perfect.
- They cook quickly
- There’s no need to heat up your oven
Cinnamon rolls in the air fryer come out crispy on the outside and perfectly soft on the inside When you want a mouth watering start to the day this is the way to do it. NO heating up the oven and waiting waiting anymore. Refrigerated cinnamon rolls have never been better.
Here are a few questions you might have in mind before you get started making either one of these. If you have others, let us know and we will try to answer those too.
What are the best store bought cinnamon rolls?
Rhodes cinnamon rolls has a frozen version you just thaw out, and of course you can get Pillsbury cans in the fridge section too. These are the semi-homemade no yeast sticky buns I talked about. You can make traditional refrigerated cinnamon rolls in your air fryer too, a close second if you want something really fast.
Ninja Foodi Cinnamon Rolls
For the air fryer sticky buns you can add the toppings:
- Chopped nuts
- Dried cranberries
- Dried blueberries
- Vanilla frosting – or cream cheese
Chopped nuts are a great addition to these you see below.
- Roll of refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- Can sprinkle chopped nuts on top when done
- Frosting is included in the package
Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls Homemade
These are directions if you don’t want to make our sticky buns but rather just want to cook straight out of the can.
- Put a trivet into your pot (necessary for a Ninja Foodi)
- Spray the inside of an 8″ springform pan with non stick cooking spray, or brush with butter mixture that has been melted
- other models may just have a drawer so you wouldn’t need a trivet or pan
- Unroll your package of regular dough or Pillsbury cinnamon roll dough / Grands into your pan as you see here
- you could try this homemade cinnamon rolls recipe instead but note I haven’t done this yet
- Close your air fryer lid (one that is attached on the Ninja Foodi)
- Set to air fry, 345 degrees for 5 minutes cook time to a golden brown
I typically will preheat machine for the required temp. for five minutes beforehand but if you forget don’t fret.
- Open and flip all pieces over so bottoms can cook
- Close lid again and reset to 345 degrees for 4 minutes
Remove and drizzle frosting on top and serve them up!
If you’re wondering what is the best air fryer this is the one we have and would recommend because it’s a pressure cooker too. You can purchase the Ninja Foodi online or at most stores, it is an air fryer meets a pressure cooker and it is making its mark in the cooking world with a vengeance.
Bookmark the page with Ninja Foodi recipes we’ve created, it’s on our menu bar…we will add more weekly too.
Can you double a cinnamon rolls recipe
- Not really for this one because of the size of the basket
- The 8″ pan only holds the 8 cut rolls and the air fryer basket isn’t much bitter
- Smaller air fryers may hold less and you may need to cook half at a time
This cinnamon roll breakfast casserole is fantastic too if you’re in need of other great brunch menu ideas.
Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls Bites
If you want to make them more of a pop in your mouth experience you can use these same rolls but cut and roll them up. That is what we did to make air fryer donut holes, we called them. What you need to make our semi-homemade sticky buns, recipe is in recipe card below.
- Refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8″ pan
- Brown sugar
- Maple syrup
- Dried cranberries
- Chopped nuts
You can even make a cinnamon roll in a mug for fun. More easy air fryer recipes are below.
If you’re looking for more easy air fryer recipes try these:
- Our fluffy air fryer biscuits are great with any protein.
- Use these same rolls and fill with pie filling, we call these air fryer hand pies.
- Easy Air fryer breakfast stuffed peppers
- Then try our other air fryer desserts from there.
Pressure cooker donuts are so good and fun to make if you have a Ninja Foodi with an air fryer and pressure cooker function.
Air Fryer Sticky Buns
Here are quick instructions but there is a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post as well. First you are going to whisk together your melted butter, brown sugar and maple syrup. (if you have a Ninja Foodi put a trivet inside). Preheat air fryer to 345 (or 350 if you have to have even #s) for 5 minutes.
- In an 8″ springform (or other style) pan that’s been sprayed with non stick spray on top, pour your brown sugar mixture inside your pan.
- Sprinkle your nuts and raisins (can add dried cranberries too) into the pan too.
- Open your package of refrigerated crescent rolls but DO NOT unroll the crescent roll as you normally would. Instead put it on a cutting board and cut it in half (use a non serrated knife so it doesn’t smush down when slicing).
- Then cut those pieces in half again, and again until you get 8 equal pieces. Mix your cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and dip the bottom and top of each cut crescent roll piece in it.
- Put each one into your pan on top of your brown sugar mixture with the sugar mixture facing up.
Close your air fryer lid (one attached on the Ninja Foodi) and set to air crisp, 345 degrees, for 5 minutes. Open lid and flip each crescent roll piece upside down. Turn air fryer on again, press air crisp, 345 degrees for 4 more minutes (5 if you want them crispier on top).
Immediately remove pan, place cooked sticky buns on a plate and spoon mixture at the bottom of the pan on top of your rolls. Enjoy!!
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Air Fryer Sticky Buns
- 1 8" springform pan
- Whisk together your melted butter, brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Put a trivet inside your air fryer/Ninja Foodi and an 8″ springform (or other style) pan that’s been sprayed with non stick spray on top.
- Pour your brown sugar mixture inside your pan. Sprinkle your nuts and raisins (can add dried cranberries too) into the pan too.
- Open your package of refrigerated crescent rolls but DO NOT unroll the crescent roll roll as you normally would. Instead put it on a cutting board and cut it in half (use a non serrated knife so it doesn’t smush down when slicing).
- Then cut those pieces in half again, and again until you get 8 equal pieces.
- Mix your cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and dip the bottom and top of each cut crescent roll piece in it. Then put each one into your pan on top of your brown sugar mixture with the sugar mixture facing up.
- Close your air fryer lid (one attached on the Ninja Foodi) and set to air crisp, 345 degrees, for 5 minutes.
- Open lid and flip each crescent roll piece upside down.
- Turn air fryer on again, press air crisp, 345 degrees for 4 more minutes (5 if you want them crispier on top).
- Immediately remove pan, place cooked sticky buns on a plate and spoon mixture at the bottom of the pan on top of your rolls. Enjoy!!