The best air fryer cinnamon rolls ever! I made these Ninja Foodi sticky buns using no yeast in just 20 minutes total and they were the best breakfast!
I’m a little obsessed with creating new air fryer recipes lately since I got my Ninja Foodi machine! For breakfast today I made these air fryer cinnamon rolls and sticky buns and let me tell you they were a hit!
- I will share how to make cinnamon rolls in an air fryer 2 different ways, but I will say the sticky buns are heaven on a plate!
At the top they are done and incredible, below is in process right before I start the air fryer process.
So you might be here because you’re asking can I bake cinnamon rolls in an air fryer?
- They cook quickly
- There’s no need to heat up your oven
- Cinnamon rolls in the air fryer come out crispy on the outside and perfectly soft on the inside
These are the semi-homemade no yeast sticky buns I talked about. You can make traditional refrigerated cinnamon rolls in your air fryer too, a close second if you want something really fast.
- You choose.
The trick to making air fryer cinnamon rolls is to flip them halfway through the cooking process.
For the air fryer sticky buns you can add the toppings:
- Chopped nuts
- Dried cranberries
- Dried blueberries
Toppings for traditional Ninja Foodi cinnamon rolls:
- Vanilla frosting – or cream cheese
- Chopped nuts
If you want to make traditional air fryer cinnamon rolls you will need:
- Roll of refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- Can sprinkle chopped nuts on top when done
- Frosting is included in the package
Directions to cook Pillsbury cinnamon rolls in the air fryer
- Put a trivet into your pot (necessary for a Ninja Foodi)
- Spray the inside of an 8″ springform pan with non stick spray
- other models may just have a drawer so you wouldn’t need a trivet or pan
- Unroll your package and place your cinnamon rolls into your pan, 1 in the middle as you see here
- you could try this homemade cinnamon rolls recipe instead but note I haven’t done this yet
- Close your air fryer lid (one that is attached on the Ninja Foodi)
- Set to air crisp, 345 degrees for 5 minutes
- Open and flip all pieces over so bottoms can cook
- Close lid again and reset to 345 degrees for 4 minutes
- Remove and drizzle frosting on top
If you’re wondering what is the best air fryer this is the one we have and would recommend because it’s a pressure cooker too.
- Purchase the Ninja Foodi here, it is an air fryer meets a pressure cooker and it is making its mark in the cooking world with a vengeance.
- Here’s a free Ninja Foodi cookbook to help you find easy pressure cooker and air fryer recipes.
- Bookmark the page with Ninja Foodi recipes we’ve created…we will add more weekly too.
Can you double this air fryer cinnamon rolls recipe?
- Not really
- The 8″ pan only holds the 8 cut rolls when using a Ninja Foodi
- Smaller air fryers may hold less and you may need to cook half at a time
Things you need to make sticky bun air fryer cinnamon rolls
- Refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8″ pan
- Brown sugar
- Maple syrup
- Dried cranberries
- Chopped nuts
Oven recipe for pecan sticky buns is here and more easy air fryer recipes are below.
If you’re looking for more Ninja Foodi recipes try these:
- Air fryer bagels
- Air fryer breakfast stuffed peppers
- Air fryer kale chips
- Pressure cooker donuts are so good and fun to make if you have a Ninja Foodi with an air fryer and pressure cooker function.
Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 roll crescent rolls refrigerated
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 1/3 c butter melted
- 1/4 c raisins
- 1/3 c nuts chopped, pecans or walnuts
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Whisk together your melted butter, brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Put a trivet inside your air fryer/Ninja Foodi and an 8" springform (or other style) pan that's been sprayed with non stick spray on top.
- Pour your brown sugar mixture inside your pan. Sprinkle your nuts and raisins (can add dried cranberries too) on top.
- Open your package of refrigerated crescent rolls but DO NOT unroll the crescent roll roll as you normally would. Instead put it on a cutting board and cut it in half (use a non serrated knife so it doesn't smush down when slicing).
- Then cut those pieces in half again, and again until you get 8 equal pieces.
- Mix your cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and dip the bottom and top of each cut crescent roll piece in it. Then put each one in your pan on top of your brown sugar mixture.
- Close your air fryer lid (one attached on the Ninja Foodi) and set to air crisp, 345 degrees, for 5 minutes.
- Open lid and flip each crescent roll piece upside down.
- Turn air fryer on again, press air crisp, 345 degrees for 4 more minutes (5 if you want them crispier on top).
- Immediately remove pan, place cooked sticky buns on a plate and spoon mixture at the bottom of the pan on top of your rolls. Enjoy!!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉