Two bite brownies are fun to make in any shape you like. Use boxed or our homemade brownie mix to make a bunch you can pop into your mouth.
Do you or your kids love bite size desserts? We do too. I mean who doesn’t love finger foods especially when you’re serving a crowd or bringing a dish to a potluck? These two bite brownies area always a hit and can be decorated for Fourth of July, Christmas, or any other holiday. A quick easy dessert y’all will love. (affiliate links present)
Mini Brownie Bites
Ok so there are two ways to make these into just two bites each. You can use a mini muffin tin like we did with our cherry brownies. Those are fun, but using a small cookie cutter to make them into shapes seems to be more popular.
I will share the timing for both below in the printable recipe card for you but the step by step is for these Fourth of July brownies. Timing and temperature is the same whether you form them into hearts for Valentine’s Day with a pink drizzle, pumpkins for Halloween with an orange drizzle or Christmas with red and white.
Feeling lazy and don’t want to melt any chocolate for the top to make them extra pretty, no worries y’all. It isn’t entirely necessary, just again fun.
Another choice you have is to make the batter from homemade or just use a box of mix like this one. Both will make a batch that will cook in a 9×13″ pan so they are a bit thinner and bake quicker than a square pan. If you want to go all out and make mini brownies from scratch you will need the following ingredients;
- White granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla and a bit of salt
- Whole eggs plus 2 extra egg yolks
- 1 stick butter unsalted, melted
- we have a dairy free brownies version here too
- Chocolate chips
- Vegetable oil
- All purpose flour
- Regular or dark cocoa powder
Then you would want some small cookie cutters like these. If you wanted two bite brownies with cream cheese I would just use a tub of frosting with that flavor and a pastry bag to swirl some on top.
Copycat Brownie Bites Costco
Have you bought these at this big box store before? These are WAY better because every single time I have bought a container they are dried out. I mean I get it, they sit for quite a while on the shelf but to me this baked good should be tender and moist. Those are made in a mini muffin pan though which makes that shape.
Mini Muffin Pan Brownies
You’d make the batter the same way for those. Spray the mini cupcake pan with non stick spray quite a bit so they don’t stick first off. This would be the cooking time for these if you don’t care about creating a different shape;
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Spoon about 1 heaping tsp full of batter into prepared pan
- fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way full, they won’t rise a ton
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Remove and leave pan on a cooling rack until it is completely cooled
- Use a tsp on side to gently scoop each one out of the holes
It is fun to fill a freezer pint size bag with frosting, snip off the corner and pipe a swirl on top of each one. You can top with sprinkles too if you want.
Applebee’s Brownie Bites
We have ordered these after dinner when we went out to this restaurant too. Served with a dollop of ice cream on the side they are yummy together this way too.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 9×13″ baking dish with parchment paper and spray with non stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine the sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, whole eggs and 2 extra yolks without the egg whites.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter and chocolate chips together in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Whisk in the vegetable oil to the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the sugar mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Add the flour and cocoa powder together, incorporate into the mix. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean about 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set on a rack to cool completely.
- It is a must to cool in the pans so they can continue to set.
- Once room temperature, cover the brownies and let sit overnight to set up. The next day use a small plastic star cookie cutter (or perfect size of your choice) to cut out stars. Set the brownie bites on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- If you want to melt chocolate in microwave to drizzle on top you can.
- Melt 1 cup of each color melting chocolates in 2 microwave safe bowls.
Dip fork in the melted chocolate and drizzle on top just to make pretty, this is optional.
Bite Sized Brownies
For another flavor combo you could follow our peanut butter brownie cookies directions to make another brownie bite recipe you’ll love. Ok I know what you’re thinking now. What do you do with the outsides once you cut out all the shapes? I’m right there with you because I hate letting food go to waste.
The easiest thing to do is to make a sort of cake pop out of it without the stick! Here’s what I do with it.
- Gather leftovers from the pan into your palm
- Roll into a ball so it’s pretty packed and won’t fall apart
- Dip into the rest of your melted colored chocolate and use a spoon to coat the whole thing
- Set on to a piece of parchment (can sprinkle with sprinkles now so they stick)
- Allow to dry and harden before picking up and serving those too
So fun right?? What are you waiting for?
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already have…twinsies!
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest! 😉
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Two Bite Brownies
- 1 9×13 pan
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 stick butter unsalted, melted
- 1 c chocolate chips optional
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/4 c cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper and spray with non stick spray. In a large mixing bowl combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, whole eggs and 2 extra yolks.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter and chocolate together in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth. Whisk in the vegetable oil to the chocolate mixture. Pour the chocolate mixture into the sugar mixture and mix until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl combine dry flour and cocoa, add this into the wet mixture. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean about 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, cover the brownies and let sit overnight to set up. The next day use a small plastic star cookie cutter (or shape of your choice) to cut out stars. Set the brownie bites on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- * If you want to drizzle with chocolate, melt 1 cup of each color melting chocolates in 2 microwave safe bowls. Microwave in 30 second intervals until all melted and smooth.
- Use a fork to drizzle each color chocolate over each brownie bite and immediately top with sprinkles.
- * If you want to use a mini muffin tin instead of a 9×13" pan, spray non stick spray in each hold. Spoon mixture in to 3/4 of the way full and bake for 15 minutes. Remove, lay on cooling rack until cooled. Use tsp to gently remove each one and serve.