Peanut butter filled cupcakes in a jar are amazing!! They are ooey and gooey topped with chocolate gelato. A little jar full of heaven I tell you. Dessert in mason jars will be the talk of your party.
My girls and I love baking and I definitely passed along my love for desserts to them. We thought we’d make something peanut butter filled cupcakes in a jar today and they were amazing! This is a sponsored post for HemisFares brand. (originally published 6/17, affiliate links present)
Chocolate Cupcakes in a Jar
- Can you taste them already? It’s one of our favorite desserts on our site. Totally ooey and gooey inside topped with creamy chocolate smoothness on top, they’re Heaven I tell you.
Yes you could make the base homemade but we just made it as a boxed cake mix recipe. Then bake in the oven, add ice cream on top and enjoy while they’re still warm.
If you have only made cupcakes in a muffin pan you MUST try them this way! I love easy. Instead of adding in the list of ingredients on the side of the cake box, I just added a can of soda to the mix!! Believe me, they turn out amazing.
- Small mason jars are a fun container to use too. Besides cute, they are reusable. We love that. You don’t need to fill them with peanut butter but oh my goodness it is so wonderful if you do.
- You could substitute hot fudge instead, either way you can’t go wrong.
Before our only other smaller option for treats was this recipe for 6 cupcakes. Now these work great as an after dinner YUM too. They are the perfect size for everybody. With a scoop of gelato on top seeping inside the cupcake = yum!
Cupcakes in a Jar Recipe
Copycat Wicked Good Cupcakes Recipe
There are a variety of flavors you can use for the cake portion, but I wanted chocolate!!
- I added chocolate chips into the batter, AND I topped them off with a rich scoop of this chocolate gelato to make it go from delicious to just out of this world!
Just follow these steps to make them:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Mix a can of soda with a box of cake mix
- Fill mini jars 3/4 of the way full
- you could fill 1/2 way full, then a bit of peanut butter if you wanted the cake layered
- Bake and when done press spoon down in middle and put 1 tbsp peanut butter into the center
- Serve while warm
Optional: if you want some easy extra topping mix 1 tub room temp strawberry cream cheese with 1 tub marshmallow creme.
If you’re ready for amazing flavors check out their pistachio flavor too the next time you’re headed to the grocery store. On top of these cute cupcakes in a jar, or straight out of the carton it’s a yummy treat packed with flavor.
- I wrote this post WAY before Wicked Good Cupcakes in a Jar was created. Now I’m thinking I should’ve trademarked the idea. lol. BUT you can make them yourselves at home this way.
- Mini mason jars
- Chocolate cake mix
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut butter – we used creamy
- 1 can of soda – we used Coca Cola
- HemisFares gelato – we used chocolate
Cupcakes layered with peanut butter and ice cream on top are amazing. Just don’t count the calories y’all, just enjoy.
Looking for more easy family recipes and tips? LIKE The Typical Mom Facebook page?
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Filled Cupcakes in a Jar
- Mix together well your box of cake mix and can of soda. Mix until there are no lumps remaining.
- Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Spray lightly the inside of small mason jars (4 oz size) and put 1/2 c. of batter (don’t fill more than 1/2 way full since they will rise) in each one. Put all on a cookie sheet and put in the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 27 minutes or so at 350 degrees or until cupcakes spring back when touched gently in the middle…do NOT over bake.
- When slightly cooled use a small spoon or apple corer and make a hole in the center of your cupcakes. Spoon a small spoonful of peanut butter into the center of each one.
- Scoop Hemisfares chocolate gelato on to each one and add a bit of sprinkles if you wish. Enjoy!!