Easy baking soda slime recipe without borax & just 3 ingredients that’s fun for your kids to make! Simple and safe you can make colorful too!
This easy baking soda slime recipe without borax allows her to mix and experiment without me having to look over her shoulder every minute which she loves. We have many more listed on the best way to make slime page on our site too! Special thanks goes out to O Cedar Mop for sponsoring this post. (originally published 7/17)
- My kids, especially my youngest here, is obsessed with making slime!
- There are tons of recipes out there and we’ve made a few together but when she wants to make one “all by myself” I need one that is kid safe.
- Clear slime is fun because you can find little items to mix in and you can see them well!
Slime with baking soda
You could really add anything though….that’s what makes this easy slime recipe so fun!
I don’t know, but I think the fascination with slime is in making it themselves. She’s bought a few batches at the store with money she’s earned but doesn’t like it nearly as much as the ones she’s made herself.
Watching it transform from sticky glue, to a thicker mixture, to something she can pick up and knead is a big part of the fun and this kid safe recipe makes it easy for me to say “yes, go ahead and make some”.
Of course with children and any experiments you should always be present just in case, please see my safety disclaimer before starting.
Let us know what you think! 😉
How to make slime with baking soda
Slime ingredients are pretty simple
- 1/2 c. Elmers glue clear glue (or glitter glue is fun, either bottle of glue will work)
- 1/2 c. warm water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Contact lens solution – 4 tbsp. or so, amt. depends on the consistency you want
- called saline solution or contact lense cleaner too
- Beads, floam and sequins – this variety pack is perfect for making tons of different clear slime recipes
- Food coloring can be used but the point is to be clear
Our kids loved to play with this slime. Below is a video to watch how where my daughter shows you how she made this with baking soda and contact solution.
Here are quick step by step directions for you!
Time needed: 15 minutes.
Slime recipe with baking soda
- Combine ingredients
Empty your clear glue into a bowl. Heat up water in the microwave, so it is warm. Add baking soda to your warm water, stir.
Mix your baking soda solution in with your glue. Stir well until combined. Add 1 tbsp. of contact solution (or just squeeze a little) at a time and stir until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Perfect consistency
Add more contact lens solution if you want a stiffer texture. (a little goes a long way) Add beads or glitter if desired, knead into clear slime
- Enjoy and store
Enjoy this activity for kids with no liquid starch needed. Rub a bit of baby oil into a plastic airtight container to store and keep moist.
If you choose to add beads or floam bits it can have a crunchy new texture which is always fun. A new add in means a new batch and more experimentation for your kids. Making it is the best part.
Baking soda slime
Throwing a slime birthday party is a blast no matter how old they are.
- Recipe for slime with glue that is crunchy
- Slime made with shaving cream is easy and super fluffy to feel
- Our Baking soda experiment here is fun to do as a family with a 2 liter bottle and vinegar.
- This is How to make fluffy slime ….believe me, they’ll love it!
When making this easy recipe you have to accept the fact that there will be messes made…and that is okay!
Seriously….my kids actually fight over who gets to mop! 😉 We have several different types of flooring in our house, but in the kitchen is tile.
O-Cedar’s EasyWringTM Spin Mop & Bucket System works on all flooring, even hardwood!
It also eliminates the need to bend down to wring water out of it with it’s hands-free wringer (which helps me and my back), and requires little effort to use…perfect for all of us.
Each week it needs to be done just to keep the house clean, but when extra messes arise the mop is easy accessible for them to use.
Find FUN ways for wringing in spring cleaning for them!