Easy baking soda slime recipe without borax & just 3 ingredients that’s fun for your kids to make! Simple and safe you can make colorful too!
So my kids, especially my youngest here, is obsessed with making slime! There are tons of recipes out there and we’ve made a few together but when she wants to make one “all by myself” I need one that is kid safe. This easy baking soda slime recipe without borax allows her to mix and experiment without me having to look over her shoulder every minute which she loves. We have many more listed on the best way to make slime page on our site too! Special thanks goes out to O Cedar Mop for sponsoring this post. (originally published 7/17)
- Clear slime is fun because you can find little items to mix in and you can see them well!
This time to make this easy baking soda slime recipe my daughter used rainbow colored beads which adds a fun texture, and a pop of color too.
You could really add anything though….that’s what makes this easy slime recipe so fun!
I don’t know, but I think the fascination with slime is in making it themselves. She’s bought a few batches at the store with money she’s earned but doesn’t like it nearly as much as the ones she’s made herself.
Watching it transform from sticky glue, to a thicker mixture, to something she can pick up and knead is a big part of the fun and this kid safe recipe makes it easy for me to say “yes, go ahead and make some”.
Of course with children and any experiments you should always be present just in case, please see my safety disclaimer before starting.
Let us know what you think! 😉
This is what you will need to make this easy 3 ingredient easy baking soda slime recipe without borax:
Slime ingredients are pretty simple
- 1/2 c. clear glue (or white glue, either bottle of glue will work)
- 1/2 c. warm water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Contact lens cleaning solution – 4 tbsp. or so, amt. depends on the consistency you want
- called saline solution too
- Beads, floam and sequins – this variety pack is perfect for making tons of different clear slime recipes
- O-Cedar EasyWringTM Spin Mop & Bucket System – for quick clean up after you’re done
Our kids loved to play with this slime….so here’s a video to watch how to make this easy baking soda slime so you can do it too.
- Empty your clear glue into a bowl
- Heat up water in the microwave, so it is warm
- Add baking soda to your warm water, stir
- Mix your baking soda solution in with your glue
- Stir well until combined
- Add 1 tbsp. of contact solution (or just squeeze a little) at a time and stir until it reaches the desired consistency (adding more will create a stiffer texture).
- Add beads or glitter if desired, knead into clear slime
- This one worked perfectly so have a fun afternoon!
Let them experiment today and make this kid safe easy baking soda slime recipe, then try:
- Throwing a slime birthday party
- The recipe for slime that is crunchy
- Slime made with shaving cream
- How to make fluffy slime ….believe me, they’ll love it!
When making this easy baking soda slime recipe you have to accept the fact that there will be messes made…and that is okay!
Seriously….my kids actually fight over who gets to mop! 😉 We have several different types of flooring in our house, but in the kitchen is tile. O-Cedar’s EasyWringTM Spin Mop & Bucket System works on all flooring, even hardwood!
It also eliminates the need to bend down to wring water out of it with it’s hands-free wringer (which helps me and my back), and requires little effort to use…perfect for all of us.
Each week it needs to be done just to keep the house clean, but when extra messes arise the mop is easy accessible for them to use.
Find FUN ways for wringing in spring cleaning for them!
For more easy recipes, tips and free printables please LIKE The Typical Mom on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest! You can also sign up for my free weekly newsletter which is packed with goodies I know you’ll love. 😉