3 ingredient easy baking soda slime recipe without borax that’s fun for your kids to make! Simple and safe to play with that you can make colorful too!
So my kids, especially my youngest here, is obsessed with making slime! There are tons of recipes out there and we’ve made a few together but when she wants to make one “all by myself” I need one that is kid safe. This easy baking soda slime recipe without borax allows her to mix and experiment without me having to look over her shoulder every minute which she loves.
Clear slime is fun because you can find little items to mix in and you can see them well! This time she used rainbow colored beads which adds a fun texture, and a pop of color too.
I don’t know, but I think the fascination with slime is in making it themselves. She’s bought a few batches at the store with money she’s earned but doesn’t like it nearly as much as the ones she’s made herself. Watching it transform from sticky glue, to a thicker mixture, to something she can pick up and knead is a big part of the fun and this kid safe recipe makes it easy for me to say “yes, go ahead and make some”. Of course with children and any experiments you should always be present just in case, please see my safety disclaimer before starting. (affiliate link present)
Let us know what you think! 😉
This is what you will need to make this easy 3 ingredient baking soda slime recipe without borax:
- 1/2 c. clear glue (or white glue)
- 1/2 c. warm water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Contact lens cleaning solution – 4 tbsp. or so, amt. depends on the consistency you want
- O-Cedar EasyWringTM Spin Mop & Bucket System – for quick clean up after you’re done
- Empty your clear glue into a bowl
- Heat up water in the microwave, so it is warm
- Add baking soda to your warm water, stir
- Mix your baking soda solution in with your glue
- Stir well until combined
- Add 1 tbsp. of contact solution (or just squeeze a little) at a time and stir until it reaches the desired consistency (adding more will create a stiffer texture).
- Add beads or glitter if desired, knead into clear slime
- Clean up with O-Cedar EasyWringTM Spin Mop & Bucket System (my kids think this part is actually fun)
- Have a fun afternoon!
When making slime you have to accept the fact that there will be messes made…and that is okay! All of our kids have chores and mopping is one of them. Each week it needs to be done just to keep the house clean, but when extra messes arise the mop is easy accessible for them to use. Find FUN ways for wringing in spring cleaning for them! The cool spinning action of EasyWring’s bucket has a foot pedal for kids to use that will make them want to help you clean up after they’re done making their slime!
Seriously….my kids actually fight over who gets to mop! 😉 We have several different types of flooring in our house, but in the kitchen is tile. O-Cedar’s EasyWringTM Spin Mop & Bucket System works on all flooring, even hardwood! It also eliminates the need to bend down to wring water out of it with it’s hands-free wringer (which helps me and my back), and requires little effort to use…perfect for all of us. They have a full range of household cleaning products that can help tackle above the floor messes too….you know you have plenty of those with kids! Find them all at your local retailer before school starts.
Let them experiment today and make this kid safe easy baking soda slime recipe….believe me, they’ll love it!